Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather.com for Suches:

Oct 13 Friday
    More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 30s.

Oct 14 Saturday
    Mainly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 30s.

Oct 15 Sunday
    Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

Oct 16 Monday
    Showers possible. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 50s.

Same as Summer in Kane or NY.....
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Sounds good Marty.

The bad news is, Bob is not going. He called earlier and said he couldn't make it.

Gary, guess that gives us one more bed for someone.

I am leaving here about 8:00 in the morning.

Raff
      Ralph Meeks
      79F
      80SG

Comment

Throttle is fixed and xj11john and I will be heading that way in the morning. Is there any specific stuff planned on Fri eve for the xsives??
        JimBoReeno
        My Ex!"Half-Breed"
        '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
        '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
        2000 Indian Chief
        Millennium Edition

Comment

I'll be looking for you at dinner in the lodge tomorrow night. I hope to arrive some time in the afternoon.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

No events are planned for Friday, but traditionally we all get together and have dinner at TWO and meet and greet everyone. See you there .
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Bohn Frazier has taken Bob's spot in room two...we just had a nice TWO breakfast, mmmm let's go ride!
              Gary Granger
              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Home from Vintage Japanese Rally

I made it home OK Sunday afternoon. Stopped and completed my scheduled work at Premier Growers (wholesale bedding plants). Added some flowers to my load of camping gear, clothes and equipment. 36 - 3 inch cups of pansies and 6 - 6 inch pots of violas. Yes, I have pictures, and all flowers survived 22 mile ride. Wife is happy again.

Great rally Rob. And special thanks to Joy for Delicious spread of food Saturday night!

Happy motoring,
                Brent back in GA
                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                Brent in GA
                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

I can hardly wait until next time!
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

man saves wife from Bigfoot attack in NC mountains.

On Saturday. October 14, 2006 a couple was riding together on their motorcycle at a slow pace when the Creature bolted into the roadway from the forest.

"It was running straight up, in the middle of the road, coming right at me. There was no time to think about it." said the man.

He quickly steered to the side of roadway, rapidly stopping the the bike (using mostly front brake). As the Creature continued toward them, the man dumped the bike on its side throwing his wife and himself into the ravine at the side of the road. They tumbled and slid for some forty feet. The Creature did not follow.

When asked about being thrown down into the ravine the woman replied "I nearly died. After being that close to death, the tumble and slide was like nothing."

Local authorities assisted the couple in extricating themselves from the ravine by throwing them a long nylon strap to clime up with. The wife was obviously happy to be riding with her husband as they were leaving the area of this encounter.

The couple sustained no injuries and the mud has been cleaned off of their riding gear.
                    Except for a small crack in the motorcycle windshield and some scratches in the plastic body work, No physical evidence remains. Eye witnesses are reluctant to report a bigfoot sighting.
                    When later asked what happened, the man stated "It was a squirrel....no...a little brown animal...a... a chippee.... you know how they can run standing straight up...yes, a chipmunk" .

A chipmunk?!?! Well, that is his story and he is sticking to it.

Hope you had a fun and exciting weekend too. Happy motoring'
                    Brent
                    It is a great big beautiful world out there
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

This is the stuff legends are made of!!
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

First time I missed this in four years, just could not get everything done. Look forward to next year. Later 'Dog

Comment

Yeah, the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.
                          Or something like that.

Got home about 4:30 in time to have a birthday party for my son.

Thanks Guys, the weekend was great.

raff
                          Ralph Meeks
                          79F
                          80SG

Comment

Is it next Year YET???

What a ball. Thanks for the xs-ive welcome!

Had a great ride home. Got a minor sprinkle as I was turning onto my road.

I did ride a little slow though as I was watching for terrorist chipmunks at every turn!

I will be putting up my pics on my website asap and will post a notice. I took a couple of short videos during the ride and will put those up as well.

Great to meet you all in person!!
                            JimBoReeno
                            My Ex!"Half-Breed"
                            '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
                            '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
                            2000 Indian Chief
                            Millennium Edition

Comment

I know I KNOW... Take it easy on the brakes.

I had heard that the man and his wife escaped the area late at night cowering in a pickup truck, disguised as locals.... The PA plates had given them away ...

Word was out in NC about these suicide terrorist chippies and the evacuation began....

Marty in NW PA
                              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hi Marty,

Glad to see the two of you made it out ok. That traffic jamb doesn't look too good but the pic is verry interesting for some reason.

raff
                                Ralph Meeks
                                79F
                                80SG

Comment

Working...
                                X