Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce,

We still going? Just kidding.....

I have new tires ready to go on, and a new chain and sprockets just in case.

I am looking forward to this as well...if I can remember how to ride the Aprilia.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

If i can rember how to the Aprilia . Is like Marty tring to keep up.

XSively
      Bruce
      Bruce Gerken
      '79 XS1100SF
      "The Black"
      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
      The Red Sled.
      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

I'll be thinking of you guys!

My friend Keith and myself have a little ride planned for that week-end also.
        On Friday morning, the -- -- uhhh 13th, we'll be meeting at Waynesboro, VA [zero mile marker of the Blue Ridge Parkway] and doing a "Fall Foliage Tour" on our Gold Wings. I'll leave on Friday morning just as soon as I get home from working 3rd shift.
        Last fall we did this [Keith traveling from MD and myself from WV] and we arrived at out meeting place within FIVE minutes of one another!
        We plan on traveling the Parkway Friday and Saturday. Due to my work situation, when I awaken on Sunday morning, I must exit the Prkway, get on the interstate, and make like a bat out of h*ll and travel back to Summersville, WV to "clock in" by 8:00PM at work, the same day. Keith will continue South, for he has the entire week off. [some people have all the luck!]
        Hopefully the weather will cooperate also. Last fall was great weather and great riding when we did this "tour".
        I wish us all good weather and GREAT riding.
        'Have fun in Georgia, guys -- -- --- 'wish I had time to leave earlier and make it to Suches also.
        Ride Safe,
        Greg
        '80 XS1100-G
        '87 GL1200-I
        '93 KLX650-C

Comment

Re: 10/14/06 and 10/15/06

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gerkenbruce
          [B]All of us that have made plans revations are going to be there . Gary and I are going down early this year to prerun the roads ya know we need more time each year to find better roads

Hwy 28 North of Franklin NC ...the best!
          I rode this north and south from Franklin NC. to Deals gap I happened to travel this on my way to Townsend Tenn to meet with Jetmech marty and the yamaha 650 society. No need for me to tell them, as they run this loop Every year. Smooth pavement, miles & miles of S curves, moderate elevation change little traffic. The portion from Franklin to hwy 19 is the funnest rd. from hwy 19 to Deals gap has a long straight 4 lane section, Beautiful scenic overlook and a tricky right hander near fontanna village. (Yes, I came up on another rider in that all too familiar scene).

I had a great time! After my safe return I was disapointed to see that my Gremlin bell had been dragged off of my XS1100. (and I thought I had it fastened pretty high up on side by my highway peg Nothing left now but the ring that was holing it on. (: Look forward to seeing y'all again soon.

XSively,
          Brent in Ga

Brent in Ga
          It is a great big beautiful world out there
          Brent in GA
          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

This would be the first rally I've been to if I can make it. Is there any room for a rider who might NOT leave sparks on the twisties??

Also, anyone going through Nashville? I would love to ride down with someone.
            JimBoReeno
            My Ex!"Half-Breed"
            '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
            '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
            2000 Indian Chief
            Millennium Edition

Comment

HI Jimboreeno

There is allways room for more everybody rides there owne ride not all ride XSively but most are XSive

Gary and I are leaving in two weeks for TWOS

XSively
              Bruce
              Bruce Gerken
              '79 XS1100SF
              "The Black"
              '2009 BMW k1300GT'
              The Red Sled.
              St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Hey JimBo,

I'll be there on Friday, driving/trailering up from Ala. visiting my Mom for the previous week, hence the trailer! My butt will thank me for it later! I'll be lucky to have put on the NEW front tire I got a few weeks ago, just been busy with my SHED and such!

Godzilla will be Rat Looking, but what do you Xpect from a big green monster!?

There's always room for non-peg scrapers....at the back of the pack!! But, seriously, you'll be amazed at how fast your driving skills improve over the weekend. I helped Brent's Brother riding from Va. to W. Va., at one of the gas stops I asked him IF he knew what countersteering was........he hadn't heard of it!

He was a very Xperienced countersteerer by Saturday!!

You'll probably earn the nickname "Sparky" before it's done! Just make sure you bring good weather with you!!
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Bohn called me tonight, he is looking for a place to stay. Anybody got a bed to spare?
                  Gary Granger

Comment

Does Rob Reil still have anything to do with this rally? I can't find the link to his forum anymore. We can call it the Gary Grainger rally from now on.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Sorry still Robs rally:

http://japbikerally.5.forumer.com/index.php

His forum is up again, make sure to set defaults for forums to all instead of 30 days.
                      Gary Granger

Comment

HI ALL

Just odder a Chatterbox GRMS X1 If anybody would like to join us Gary and I will be wired .

XSively
                        Bruce
                        Bruce Gerken
                        '79 XS1100SF
                        "The Black"
                        '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                        The Red Sled.

Comment

I heard Bruce was 'wired' all the time....

We have never needed to talk to each other on the road before...this will be a new experience.

Before we only needed a couple of signals.

Arm down - I am stopping - this usually meant we needed gas or had some kind of mechanical, or medical trouble..why else would you stop?

Pointing - look at that! (Usually followed but grabbing of the gut to say 'Thats gut busting funny')

Both arms out with palms up - Where the hell are we?

Both arms out with palms down - Look at me I can fly!

Tapping of the top of head - Leo on the loose

Black skid mark - We are out of beer and just passed the last package store in 3 counties.

Gary Granger

Comment

"We are out of beer and just passed the last package store in 3 counties."

Thank the gods we are not going into dry counties!!!!
                            Marty in NW PA
                            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

TWO is in a dry county!
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

Yeah but the route won't be. We count on Gary for that, and he has never let us down yet...
                                Marty in NW PA
                                Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                                Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                                This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                                X