TeXSive Hill Country Rally 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

painting

Check out your local class A dealerships for painting too. A lot of dealerships have guys that handle custom paint by order for especially peterbuilts. Because of the size of commercial vehicles, bikes are usually done quickly and pretty cheap from what i've seen. If the job can't be done at the dealership, often times techs will do it utt using the same tools and paints they'd use at work.

Comment

Old Town Square Hotel (ladys freakin out)

Recieved a phone message from Old Town Square Hotel in Bandera a few days ago. The lady seemed very concerned about our visiting there in October and said it was urgent I call her back.
      Well, I'd been busy and handnt got to it yet and she called me again yesterday. This time I picked up the phone. She was calling because I did not tell her that we were planning a big dinner party at their resturant "Texaritas" and she needed time to prepare the party room and see what kind of menu I wanted to offer.

"What!?"
      "You need time to prepare a party room? I did not think I needed reservations and a party room for eight to twelve people?" I said.

She replied. "Oh, eight to twelve people? I thought it was going to be 30 or 40."

"Whoah, hold on there. No way! Now were would you get the idea there were so many?"
      I had told her how many possible people would come when I first made my reservations.

All this to say... somehow she got the idea this was a larger thing than it is. All I can figure is that there may be another group coming up that weekend and she got us confused with them, so make sure you have your reservations now before Bandera fills up just in case.
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

rallies be so good

I'm in new mexico, i'll do my best to hang out for this

Comment

WOW

Hey Wayne, by my count there are 21 for sure with 3 maybes. Kind of hard to tell the way some folks answered. I guess I better call and rent my room. Even with a 25% no show rate that’s still 19. Hippie Dave is coming he just must be shy about making a post. He may also be to busy trying to get his back together after the big bore fiasco (kind of like my paint job), he's over there shineing up a storm and putting on more chrome pieces.

I got my carbs straightened out. What do you guy’s recommend for sore shoulders.
          There's always a way, figure it out.
          78XS11E

Comment

Actually, I now have 18 fairly definite (counting passengers) and 6 maybes. Some have sent me emails saying they were not going to make it. It is hard to keep up; next year I’m thinking I may have a place to 'signup' on the website.
            Anyway, 17 to 18, I don’t think, would constitute a huge fuss for a decent restaurant. But I may give them a ring back when I make sure I have a fairly solid number.

Comment

Well, looks like I made the right decision moving the rally into October. During the past several years we had the rally on the last weekend of Sept. and several of those years I had a hurricane chasing me out of town. Here we are at that same weekend and Rita is charging right for us.

17 days to TeXSive Rally '05

can't wait.

Ride Safe

Comment

TO THE TEXSIVE

Hi Wayne
                Just wanted to wish all of you XSive rallyers an XSivly good time.
                I have plans to make a Texsive rally in the futher so keep up the good work.

XSivly
                Bruce
                Bruce Gerken
                '79 XS1100SF
                "The Black"
                '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                The Red Sled.
                St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

I made TeXSive lite, but this time i cant... leaving to go home tomorrow night to see what damage the porch did when it fell on the bike... plus see what else is wrong with the house...lol I will have pics of it to post when I can...
                  Good luck to all and have fun....
                  Shawn
                  Shawn
                  78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                  78 XS1100E Parts
                  www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Ride from Houston

Hi everybody, it's that time again. In talking to a few of the people going we are wanting to ride up together on Friday leaving NW Houston at noon. We could meet up with everyone in different places along the route. There is going to have to be good communications to accomplish the great feat but I think being XSives we can get it done. If we follow this route we can pick up folks coming from the Austin area & Dallas/Ft. Worth for that matter.

Leaving Houston From the Exxon station at 290 & Huffmiester at noon. 290 North thru Brenham (meet folks here at Junction of 36) to Giddings then 77 North to Lexington & pick up 112 West, to 79 West into Round Rock. (Meet Austin & Dallas/Ft. Worth people here.)

The reason for this convoluted route is a road Greg found last year. 1431 out of Round Rock (North of Austin) is a very TWISTY, beautiful, hilly, scenic route. It runs from Round Rock to Marble Falls then taking 281 South to CR307 West to 1320/1323 West to 2721/1631 to 290 West 16 South in Fredericksburg. Continue on 16 South to Kerrville to Loop 534 South to 173 South into Bandera. This route adds about 125 miles if starting in Houston. We should arrive in Bandera around 7:00 pm. 7 hours for a 4-1/2 hour trip aint bad is it.

If there other people who may be interested in meeting up with us please pass this on. Please respond with where you would like to meet us along the route and we will try to accommodate or figure out something.

I would like to spice it up some more but it would add just to many extra miles & even further out of the way. Anybody has any other ideas let me know.

I will need all contact names and cell or home #'s. E-mail is preferred.
                    My Cell # 713-205-2601
                    Home # 281-955-1394

Dave
                    78XS11E

Comment

Leaving Austin apx. 3pm, Friday, have not determined exact route yet, may take "fast route" to expidite arrival Friday PM. Will post route for Friday PM when firmed up with other riders. I am dam ready for this ride, first weekend off in three weeks, Lets RIDE, time to LIGHT THE FIRES AND BURN THE TIRES
                      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Let's meet up!

Hello Fellow Texsives!

That sounds great, Dave, but let me throw this out:

There is gonna be a lot of commuter traffic along some of those routes on Friday, especially because of the Columbus Day weekend.

I say we try to get to Bandera as soon as possible, meeting people along the way, to avoid all the Friday commuter traffic. THEN, on Sunday, on our way home, we follow that route in reverse. Fewer people will be on the road, and it will kinda add a tour to that day.

I loved that 1431 route and would love to travel it again. I just remember being behind a pickup, throwing stones, at rush hour, at 35Mph on the Friday I went to Blanco last year. As you probably remember, Sunday, on our way home, we had that route pretty much to ourselves.

Let me know what you all think.

I definitely want to meet up with you guys.

Mobile 979-219-0888
                        Home 979-680-0951

Greg and "Scorpion"
                        Gone but never Forgotten:
                        1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                        2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                        2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

And another option...

Nancy and I are meeting Mike Campbell and Robert & Linda at the I-Hop near Fry Rd. @ I10 at around 7:00 a.m. We are going to have breakfast and then head out some back roads thru La Grange, Bastrop, past Austin and lunch in Blanco. Then head over to Luckenbauch for a quick visit and on to Bandera. Anyone who wants to meet us and ride over are more than welcome. We will probably leave I-Hop somewhere around 8 a.m.

Comment

Wayne and Houston Riders,

Saw an e-mail to me from some H riders, I appreciate the copy, while I was reading and getting ready to reply my laptop crashed. I'm sending this from work and personel e-mail is a no-no.

I said earlier that I could make this ride but several things have come up and now I can't, looking forward to the next one!

Hope everyone has fun and rides safe, looking forward to postings about it!

Dan
                            82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
                            78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
                            74 Husky 400
                            70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

Plans Change

Skippy your probably right about turning the route around and doing it on the way home. I am waiting on Hippie Dave to let me know if he is taking his mom to the airport or if his brother will. I just tried to call but left a message. That said I am still not positive of the time of departure.
                              We may get to leave earlier and meet up with Mike, Robert & Linda, Wayne & Nancy if they will have us.

Skippy pm me with you phone #
                              78XS11E

Comment

Ah HA!!!

Fresh meat for The Dragon arrived tonight! (dunnie Elite3) I'll slap it on tomorrow after work and be good to go for TeXSive..

(didn't need all that suspension and driveline stuff anyway)

Zoom zoom!

Now, if they just have a room left...
                                CUAgain,
                                Daniel Meyer
                                Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                                Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X