Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive Hill Country Rally 2005

Howdy TeXSives,
    I'm making plans for the fall Hill Country Rally. I'm looking at Bandera as ground zero this year.

There is a nice hotel there and I'm going to talk to them about possible group rates. Need to start trying to get a head count of possible attendees so I can give them an idea of the group size. If your think you will be able to attend send me an email at hilfrey@houston.rr.com

Regular rates are from $60 to $90 a night but I’m hoping to do better than that if we can get a good size group. More on this in later updates.

Again this will be a weekend deal with rides planned on both Saturday and Sunday. Again, I will post maps of the daily rides later.

Dates are tentative but I’m looking at Sept. 24 and 25 as the most likely weekend.

Anyway any input would be appreciated.

The TeXSive web site will be updated soon (hey, I work for a living so give me a break )

Thanks
    Ride Safe
    Last edited by Wayne; 06-22-2005, 12:56 PM.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Sign me up!!! (should be enough timne to get the paint job done.)
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

NEW DATE INFO...

Ok TeXSives new date info.

Sept. 16 – 18 are the new dates.

I found that 24 and 25 didn’t work for many including myself (duh).

And the Galveston rally is on Sept. 29 – Oct 2.

Hopefully you guys who are painting your bike (instead of riding it J ) will be done by then. If not just ride it up primered we don’t mind.

More info to come soon.

Ride Safe

Comment

Cherry and I will try to make it if all goes well.
        ltl

Comment

Looks like I'll be missing this one. Back problems, ya know.

Comment

Date Change Again FINAL! OCT 7th - 9th

OK final date change. Seems to be alot of conflicts this year, both with my schedule and others.

[color=royal blue]TEXSIVE RALLY OCT 7th - 9th 2005.[/color]

This may actally be a better date for it seems everytime I have it in Sept. I am being chased out of town by a tropical storm or hurricane.

I will be calling Bandera Lodge in the next few days about group rates and such. Lots of great riding planned.

Tinman will especially like that we will be hitting Ranch Road 335 again!

twisty twisty

Comment

I should be there!
              CUAgain,
              Daniel Meyer
              Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
              Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Looks good for us keep us posted good to hear Danny will made it .Sorry your back is out John hope it gets better soon .

Robert & Linda

Comment

Thanks Bob. The Dr. says at leat 3 months in the back brace, and I don't know how long after that before I can get back to normal, but I don't see any long rides in my near future.

Comment

I know how you feel buddy.
                    I missed two of my own rallies a few years ago due to back issues. Ended up having back surgery in '03. But I'm on the bike again with no problems now.
                    Hang in there, you will ride again.

Comment

Got the parts back from the painter today, they are full of orange peel, light spots, and some not even painted. I am so f*&^%$ mad I could spit a Harley. The guy came very highly recomended, his excuse was painting in a garage, kids, wife, 4th of July weekend, could not hold parts to color sand or buff. Also he told me it was just a motor cycle and he never thought I wanted it perfect. I almost lost it I told him to get the H$%^ out of my driveway with half the money agreed upon. Shouldn't even have given him that. He wasn't very happy, but then again I wasn't happy at all. Now I guess I have to learn to paint to. So I guess I'm back to the one I can always depend on, ME. I will be there come hell or high water.
                      There's always a way, figure it out.
                      78XS11E

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder
                        Also he told me it was just a motor cycle and he never thought I wanted it perfect.
                        WHAT AN A$$'OLE, So just because its and older motorcycle, you must not care if the job is shotty or not?!

Dave, you should have made him pay you to get it redone some where else!

Good luck man, and get her back on the road soon.

Comment

That sucks. Why would anybody recommend him? Wow...I believe I'd come unglued!
                          CUAgain,
                          Daniel Meyer
                          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Wayne, guess I should have read all of the thread before I sent you the e-mail, I will do my best to make it what ever date is settled on,

Ride on!
                            82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
                            78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
                            74 Husky 400
                            70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

Took the pieces to my daughters workplace a Ford dealer, they will do it right for me for just the paltry sum of $250.00 with me suppling all liquid products. Paint, reducer & clear coat. Would have been cheaper if they didn't have to fix his f#*&ups. I also found more problems with the job, the new painter thinks there is just one coat of paint on the fairing and the tank. Got it out in the sun today and there are places where there is NO PAINT or so thin you can see thru it. No way to color sand and buff out which yesterday I thought I would be able to do. He said it could be sanded and buffed but that I would not be happy with it. I guess you live get screwed then learn.
                              There's always a way, figure it out.
                              78XS11E

Comment

Working...
                              X