No announcement yet.

2nd Annual Bob Jones Memorial Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a PM inviting me to this, so Im checking out the thread.

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but i'll try

RIght now my bike is ugly as can be. Stripping the paint off the motor to repaint part of it black, and leaving parts of it aluminum also.

Id like to meet some of you guys, I'd definately like a shirt also if they aren't all gone.

If I come up, it will have to be friday night late or saturday morning and stay for the day. I'll most likely be trailering the bike up if I come due to having a wife and 3 kids tagging along
    Last edited by andysutt; 05-05-2009, 06:05 AM.
    '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

Originally posted by andysutt View Post
      I just got a PM inviting me to this, so Im checking out the thread.

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but i'll try

RIght now my bike is ugly as can be. Stripping the paint off the motor to repaint part of it black, and leaving parts of it aluminum also.

Id like to meet some of you guys, I'd definately like a shirt also if they aren't all gone.

If I come up, it will have to be friday night late or saturday morning and stay for the day. I'll most likely be trailering the bike up if I come due to having a wife and 3 kids tagging along
      Meh, my scoot is a rat looking pile of bolts. But it is a really fun pile of bolts. They arent ugly, they just have personality.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
        Meh, my scoot is a rat looking pile of bolts. But it is a really fun pile of bolts. They arent ugly, they just have personality.
        lol mines ugly actually right now.

paints 1/2 on and 1/2 off on the motor/middlegear section. Looks terrible. lol

I still ride it but boy is it ugly. Weather's been crap around here lately or I'd have it done.
        '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

If I come up, it will have to be friday night late or saturday morning and stay for the day.
          You realize we'll be gone riding for most of the day Saturday, right?

And as far as your bike being ugly...honestly... nobody is really going to care but you. That will just mean that it will be that much better looking when you come to the Talimena rally in October with us!

If you decide to come up Saturday morning, I don't think you'll have a problem finding someone to let your wife and kids use the room for the day. That would save you a room charge anyway. Just a thought..

Tod
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Since my '80 and I are still at the hand-shaking stage of our relationship, I won't be coming down for the rally. Did get a shirt tho. Maybe in time for Hurst, TX. we will be at the snuggle stage and I will be a little more confident about a longer trip.

Just getting to old to take chances. (ref: How old are you thread )
            Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
            1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
            1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

Looks like I'll be staying home.

My master cylinder most likely won't be here by friday so I won't have rear brakes. I only have 1 front brake at the moment also. I have the stuff to repair it, but didn't want to tear into both brake systems at once.

I forgot you guys were riding Saturday so kinda pointless for me to come up with a unrideable bike. There's some pretty hilly area where your riding so I dont feel comfortable with only one brake.

I hope you guys have fun. If there's an extra 2x shirt I'd love to purchase one however
              '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

Ugly bike

Yeah, mine sure has seen better days...someday I'll get around to building that paint booth (yeah, right). Right now, I'm more concerned with fixing some nasty-looking cracks I just found in the original H fairing...enough of them where I'm concerned about it surviving the trip. Gonna try the ABS cement route (again) to hold me through until a more permanent repair can be done. So it will be ugly, but it was already that way...better ugly than ugly and in pieces on the road far from home.

I would just rip the fairing off and throw on another Windjammer I have around from my XS750, but I'd have to spend a few hours I don't have disassembling the yet-to-work-consistently Audiovox cruise...the servo & vacuum units of which currently ride where? In the left fairing pocket.

Other than that, I'm ready to ride...
                Tom Hunt
                Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
                1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Comment

I repaired my Vetter with some epoxy that I found at home depot. I think it was called 6 minute epoxy or something like that. It worked great and was pretty cheap.
                  Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                  '82 XJ1100
                  '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                    I repaired my Vetter with some epoxy that I found at home depot. I think it was called 6 minute epoxy or something like that. It worked great and was pretty cheap.
                    I just hit it with Oatey's ABS cement...we'll see how it does. I also picked up at Autozone yesterday something that sounds similar to yours...VersaChem 5-minute epoxy. If it's not holding well tomorrow with the Oatey's, I'll try that.

Eventually, I need to do the Plastifix or the similar kit from Urethane Supply. Tried the HF plastic welder last fall...failed miserably.
                    Tom Hunt
                    Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H

Comment

Montreux Blue (Jeremy) is about to cancel his room at the Apple Blossom Inn since we'll be sharing a room. Anyone interested in it, speak up... because he has to cancel by tomorrow.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100

Comment

Anyone have plans tomorrow for a ride???
                        http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Some of those Kansas boys have left already.. but their bikes are trailer queens today.. lol.

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                            Some of those Kansas boys have left already.. but their bikes are trailer queens today.. lol.
                            Nice...

This Kansas boy isn't rolling out till morning...just in time to catch Big Rain, probably. No trailer here...we'll see if I regret that call.

Cell is 785-760-1436, just in case. See y'all tomorrow!
                            Tom Hunt
                            Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H

Comment

Originally posted by Montreux_Blue View Post
                              Anyone have plans tomorrow for a ride???
                              hey! That sounds like an idea!
                              Any ideas on where to ride to?

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                              Some of those Kansas boys have left already.. but their bikes are trailer queens today..
                              Trailer queens?
                              When did they start riding harleys?

See y'all soon... hopefully... dry...
                              81 SH Something Special
                              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

lol Trailer queens.

My bike hasnt seen a trailer yet.

I rode it w/ dry rotted tire, no rear brakes, only one front brake for a while.

Ive moved up in the world now. New tires, windshield, handlebar risers, luggage rack and a t-bag. lol
                                '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

Working...
                                X