2nd Annual Bob Jones Memorial Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual Bob Jones Memorial Rally

Alright ladies and germs, I don't know about you, but I sure am sick of winter. So here's something we finally have to look forward to! Mark you calenders, and submit those time off requests for May 8 - 10 2009 and join us for the 2nd annual Bob Jones Memorial Rally.

This is what we have so far. This year we are going to base the rally out of Eureka Springs Arkansas instead of Branson. Nice scenery, reasonable hotels, and a more motorcycle friendly traffic situation. I will be researching lodging in the area, and if any of you have any input, ie places we should stay, I will welcome your thoughts.

As for the route, Trbig, Bigfoot, and myself will be doing some work in the field, exploring some roads in northern Arkansas, but believe me let your imagination run wild, the roads and scenery in this area are second to none. As soon as we have the route set in stone, I will post a map for you all to view.

Also, Karla, Bobs wife will be attending this year, and she tells me she is still overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from you all in making this rally a yearly event. She even wants to make commemorative T shirts for this year's rally, so let me know if you want one, and your sizes, and I will get the prices on here as soon as I can.

Also, remember everyone is welcome to come ride with us and to celebrate the life of my friend Bob Jones. No matter what you ride, just get out and join us, and make this years rally one for the record books!

Thanks again,

Russ79
    '81 Venturer U.S. Navy Air Commemorative
    '79 Special

T-shirt

Although I will not be attending this ride I do support it in any way I can. I wish I could come all the way down for that ride. I would love to have a T-shirt to commemorate the ride. I need on XL for SWMBO and a XXL for myself. Let me know the price when you can and I will get it for you. Thanks, Doug
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Hey Russ,
      We'll take:

2 - XL
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

No problem, are you guys going to make the rally, or do I have to mail them to you. You know, we are allowing Texans to ride this year!
        '79 Special

Comment

This is good to know...

I'd hate to have to pose as an Okie to get in...

Well... at this point... I'm planning on being there...
          John might be having surgery and we aren't sure when, yet... so that might throw a wrench in the works... but so far... I/ we'll be there...
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Okies are invited because we show up to these things more reliably than those Texas types...

I mean... what else is there to do here? lol.

Tod
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Ill take one XL. One of each if they are available in short and long sleeves.

Bob
              #1 ’79 XS11 Special
              #2 ’79 XS11 Special
              '97 V-Max
              '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Route for ride

Hiway 23 south of Eureka is a blast too ride they call it the pig trail ride it every year going to Bikes Blues & Barbecue in Fayetteville..

Comment

1 - xl for Texas Rookie
                  Texas Rookie - NW Houston
                  79 xs11F (in process, down but not out)
                  04 Ducati ST4s (current daily driver, recently retired from occasional track bike duty, too $cary to think about crashing)
                  2001 Suzuki SV650 track bike (setting up for some adult fun next year)
                  newest acquisition - Black on Black 78 XS11 with 81 motor waiting patiently in Cleveland Ohio (Insanity!!!...no thanks I've got plenty)

Comment

I'm really glad to here of all the interest in the shirts! I will try to post pics of the design as soon as I can so you can all see what Karla is working on. She has been bouncing some great ideas around, and I can't wait to show you what we have so far.

More soon!

Russ
                    '79 Special

Comment

Hey, it looks like I'm in for this one (it's on the calendar, anyway). Sign me up for an XL shirt also.

Of course, last time I headed down to that area for a rally, that was August 2006...when my XS750 blew up in Butler, MO.

Looking forward to seeing Bob Falter again (our paths have crossed a couple of times up in his neck of the woods) and meeting some more XSives. I might even have to leave the Concours home and bring the H...
                      Last edited by bikerhawk; 01-25-2009, 11:55 PM.
                      Tom Hunt
                      Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
                      1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Comment

Glad to have you on board. Got you penciled in for a T shirt as well. Always glad to see the support of a fellow member of the Rock Chalk Jayhawk nation. Go K U !

Russ
                        '79 Special

Comment

Tom, it will be good to see you again! Bring the H, I already have pictures of the Connie.

Bob
                          #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                          #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                          '97 V-Max
                          '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Falter View Post
                            Tom, it will be good to see you again! Bring the H, I already have pictures of the Connie.

Bob

Hi, Bob-

Pictures? Great, now I've gotta clean up the H...

A few things would need to be done to the H before then, but nothing major...front tire, re-cover the Russell, and regular maintenance. If time & $$$ allow, I'll hopefully get an Audiovox cruise mounted also. I have one on the Connie...it's amazing for droning down the Kansas slab and not all that hard to install. Should be even easier on the XS, and...here's my hook...SWMBO has been asking for it on what has become mainly her ride.
                            Tom Hunt
                            Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
                            1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Comment

bob jones memorial tee shirt

I'll take a 3xL, thanks Morgan.

Comment

Working...
                              X