No announcement yet.

Talimena Rally 2008!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year the second weekend in October was snowing and slush here. If the weekend is nice, I will ride down and attend, baring some unforeseen circumstance. Hope I don't have to sleep under the stars. I hesitate to get a reservation, since I have no idea about weather after September in Kansas.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan
      Last year the second weekend in October was snowing and slush here. - I have no idea about weather after September in Kansas.
      Iowa is even further north. I’m hoping for an Indian summer, but in case I don’t get my wish I’m planning on riding straight south through Missouri to spend as little time in the cold weather as possible.

Bob
      #1 ’79 XS11 Special
      #2 ’79 XS11 Special
      '97 V-Max
      '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

How close are the fuel stops down there? Will have the 750 final drive on, but I haven't yet tested with it to see what my range will be. Usually I have range of 90-100. Haven't decided to come or not come, but right now leaning towards riding down. Of course, I say that, and the last two rides I have counted on going to, the bike decides it doesn't want to go. So I'll probably make the decision the day I need to leave and trick her.
        Yamaniac
        '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
        '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
        '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
        '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
        '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

I believe that I have a double room reserved (it was all they had left). I am sure that we can make room if someone is in need.
          Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
          '82 XJ1100
          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

If you KC guys are going to go through Wichita, I could possibly meet up with you some how and ride the rest of the way. Not sure. It might be a hiway 77 trip for you guys though. <shrug>
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Yamaniac,

There's always lots of Special people there and we try to never go over 80 miles... but I'm thinking we never went over 60 before topping off? It's always better safe than sorry. It's hard to enjoy the scenery and the ride when you're sweating about your fuel level.

Tod
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hello from Mississippi

Tod,

I made my Hotel reservations this week so I plan to come and see you guys again. Sounds like a great time and I do not want to miss it, looking forward to it. So you can add 1 more to your count.
                Richard
                1981 XS1100H Full dressed Standard
                1979 Honda 400 Hawk
                1991 BMW RT100
                Southaven Ms.
                XS Riders Are A Rare Breed
                Harley Riders Are A Dime A Dozen

Comment

count

Count me out.

Brent

I was hoping to make it, but I will not, I have got a schedule conflict with a father daughter activity. I Really enjoyed the last couple of trips on the Talimena trail. Tracking Big foot, hoping to get a sashquatch photo, seeing a great bunch of XSives...

Y'all have fun& Happy motoring,
                  It is a great big beautiful world out there
                  Brent in GA
                  Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

I will be cancelling my reservations for the Kiamichi Inn today around 5pm. My presence has been requested at another function. I hope that anyone else who needs a room can grab it. Sorry I can't make it.
                    "Don't cry over the mistakes you have made. Just dread the ones you will make in the future."

78 xs1100 standard or special unknown. Since 2007
                    Eaglechaser

Comment

Sorry you guys won't be able to make it.
                      Harry

'79 Standard
                      '82 XJ1100
                      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Looks like everyone is bailing out! Just booked a double at the Kiamichi Inn. A friend is coming along, on a Honda 919, if that's ok with all the Yamahas! Now all that is left is for my boss to sign my vacation request for the 10th, so I can follow John up there.
                        http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Naw.. Just Eaglechaser. Brent never said he was going.. so can't call him a bailout... THIS time. Pfffftt.. Like family and daughters are more important than riding with us.. .the nerve!

Hope to see you next time Brent.

Tod
                          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100
                          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I am still looking forward to it. Even if I end up being the only one I will be there. Lol. Guess I could try and find some bigfoot (or is that bigfeet) to hang with.
                            Harry

'79 Standard
                            '82 XJ1100
                            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I'm still coming; inspite of my Hurricane Ike recovery actions; it's a matter of priorities...the Biker Rally won out.

My Brother and I were really blessed, no damage to our homes, only some down tree limbs. No electricity for 10 days was really hard...no TV or Internet services. However, the emergency relief workers provide ice for our beer, so everything worked out okay. See ya guys and gals soon. Stan
                              '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
                              Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
                              '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
                              Stan Hutchison

Comment

Glad to hear it, Stan

We were wondering how everything was going down that way... thanks for reporting in...

and glad to know you have your priorities straight...

See you in a couple of weeks...

81 SH Something Special
                                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                                80 LG Black Magic
                                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                                For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                                X