No announcement yet.

Talimena Rally 2008!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am draggin my feet on the hotel thing, so if someone wants to share, I have room money (and drink money ). I guess I better start doing some dialing or I will end up in the parking lot with trbig.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

So.... what would make you think.. that after several years of getting to know the hotel owner... that I didn't have a non-smoking room already?!? Silly Texan..

BUT... I'll be glad to sit up and help you take care of some of that "Drinking money" in the parking lot! lol .

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Got my room reserved at the kiamachi. Got permission from SWMBO. Now I just need a running bike.
        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
        '82 XJ1100
        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I got a room reserved. Now all I need is warm enough weather to get out of the north country.

Bob
          #1 ’79 XS11 Special
          #2 ’79 XS11 Special
          '97 V-Max
          '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150
            I am draggin my feet on the hotel thing, so if someone wants to share, I have room money (and drink money ). I guess I better start doing some dialing or I will end up in the parking lot with trbig.
            Well... since it looks like Tod is all set and you'll be by yourself in the parking lot (after the beer is gone)... John and I ended up with a non-smoking double... You can share with us... but you have to promise to keep the noise down... Oh wait... I think that was supposed to be the other way around...

Actually... if anyone with a single wants to save some money by doubling up in a double with someone else... we can work out a room trade... Does that make sense?
            It's early... I know what I'm trying to say... it just isn't making it to my fingers...

Harry? Bike problems? I guess I'm a little behind on things around here...
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

My TCI has crapped out. At least it was nice enough to wait until I got back from the memorial ride. Lost spark on 1 and 4. Took it off and resoldered everything. It appeared to work so I put it all back together and made it about 10 miles with a big smile on my face and then 1 and 4 dropped off again. I borrowed Vince's TCI and verified that mine was still the culprit. I am going to take it apart again and have the components that can be tested on the board tested. That will require resoldering everything again. I just haven't had time to get to it, hopefully this week.
              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
              '82 XJ1100
              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wildkat
                [B]

but you have to promise to keep the noise down... Oh wait... I think that was supposed to be the other way around...

Every sporting event need a cheering section.

Whos got a double that dosen't have a second for the extra double? Remember, I have beer money, chips and a carton of smokes.
                When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

October 11...I'l be in Wisconsin visiting relatives, including my Father-in-law. You guys are going to have a lot more fun than me.

Still, we have 13 people scheduled to show up at a Friday night fish fry, so maybe it won't be all bad.

My Apple account has begun offering a Gallery function; if there is enough interest I can creat a Talimena gallery that people can upload to and so all the photos from an event can end up in the same place.

I am just starting to play with this, have 2 galleries out there (public cannot upload to them) but it looks like it may have some promise. URL is http://gallery.me.com/jerryfields
                  Note: You must use IE 7 or higher or FireFox 2.0 or higher to view the gallery. (I'm not thrilled with this, as there are quite a few IE 6.0 installs out there, but thats the way it is.) Let me know if anyone is interested and I will create a "test" gallery to play with.
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Jerry, your right. I clicked on your link and it came up and said "We recommend a new browser!". I guess I'm behind the times, again (or should that be still?).

Bob
                    #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                    #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                    '97 V-Max
                    '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Talimena Ride

I just booked a room. Count me in. . . . Bohn
                      Bohn
                      78 XS750SE Bought New In 78
                      80 XS1100SG "XS Combination"

Comment

Staying in Harrison Thursday night, and have a room booked at the Kiamichi Friday and Saturday night. See ya in October.

Russ
                        '81 Venturer U.S. Navy Air Commemorative
                        '79 Special

Comment

Linda and I will be comming made room reservations,
                          At the Lazy R Inn ,for Friday and Saterday night.

Robert & Linda

Comment

Always glad to meet new faces Robert... welcome!

I was just going through the list... 13 actual bikes with a couple two-uppers listed as wanting to go. I know there's always cancellations at the last minute due to unforseen things, but hopefully we'll get some more as time gets closer.

What I have noticed is a lack of postings from Brent in Georgia. Didn't make meeting of the minds either. Starting to feel a little snubbed!

Tod
                            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100
                            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I'm out in Wyoming using one of the few computers cheap motels have. Still hoping to meet up with the NW Rally. Brent was going to go come with me but something came up and he couldn't go until 8/19. Whatever something was' may be why you haven't heard from him. I have to head back home on 8/20 so if I see him at all it will be in passing on I80.

Bob
                              #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                              #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                              '97 V-Max
                              '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

There's your answer Tod...

it isn't your fault that Brent isn't showing up to these rallies...
                                It's Bob's fault... Brent was going to show up... then Bob shows up... then it's a no go for Brent...
                                I can put 2 and 2 together and get 5 any day...

(by the way, Bob... John and I can take you in during November since Tod already has you taken care of in October)

Robert, glad y'all are coming up! It will be good to see you two again!
                                81 SH Something Special
                                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                                80 LG Black Magic
                                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                                For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                                X