XS Rally - Selkirk Mountains - 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry,
    Were you able to access my pictures from the Shaw Photo Share link that I posted a couple of posts earlier here?
    If not I can send you a CD with them.
    Don
    Don Hughes
    Ex-1978 E
    Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
    1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
    1990 Honda Goldwing
    Edmonton

Comment

Don:

I do most of the posting from work, and the link you posted is blocked by the filter the county uses. I can't access it from my work computer. If you can send me a CD I would appreciate it!

Jerry Fields
      P.O. Box 278
      De Beque, CO 81630
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

What a great place and a great time.

Ken and Sheila are great hosts.

Although showing her mileage, Viger did well. The roads up there are fantastic (and no cops). On several occasions I was able to blow the spider out of my exhaust and let the bike stretch its legs. It has been a couple of years sense I have been out on the road. This was a much need and very satisfying trip. Thanks all.

Heading Home (from where Ken (ratbike) left off):

I split off from Ken looking for a way around the traffic jam to the US boarder (Sumas). About 2k later, I picked up a nail in my rear tire. Doh! I had no real choice but to drive wobbly tire and all to the nearest service station where I got directions to the nearest Yamaha shop. There was an HD dealer closer, but I did not feel like putting up that kind of B.S.

Got on the freeway and wobbly tired it three exits and to the Yamaha shop. I was treated to a very pleasant service department that had me back on the road inside an hour. The whole flat tire experience set me back about 3 hours and $45. I was now in the serious Friday afternoon traffic all the way home (Olympia, WA). I rolled in tired and hungry, arriving around 9:00pm.

Let’s do this again!
        Anybody interested in XS/XJ PNW in Oly next year?
        (august 14th - 18th 2007)

Some Pics
        DZ
        Vyger, 'F'
        "The Special", 'SF'
        '08 FJR1300

Comment

Denny,

Jeff Korn here. Kent, WA I was on the Olympia ride a couple of years ago.

How in the heck did you add the pic's, very cool.

Anyway just now seeing the info re the ride. Must admit I haven't been to the site in a while. Sounds like it was a great ride. I bought a new Yamaha Warrior this summer and have not put much time on the XS this year but its still in the garage. Warrior kicks ass and makes a ton of noise but just not the same as the XS

Went on a two week ride with the wife and her new vtx1300. Down the Oregon coast, No ca coast, Sanoma, Reno, then back up throgh Bend, Yakima and throug the park. I was remembering our ride around Rainier. Anyway rode xs11 #2 which I bought from the guy on Vashon Island. 75k miles or so and still runs like a top.

Ride next year sounds great. I need to subscribe to this thread

Jeff
          Jeff Korn
          Original Owner 79XS1100 E
          Yamaha Warrior has come and gone

Comment

Footnote:
            My El-Cheapo digital camera has a video recording mode, and I did get one short (30 second) video clip at the Revelstoke rally. Clip is about 5mb and is set to open with Windows Media Player:

Revelstoke .AVI clip

Resolution is not all that high, 320 x 240. File can also be opened by Winamp or other player that will handle .avi files.

Mostly this is an excercise to see if I can access video clips on my .Mac account from this forum; it may open up some possibilites for future posts!
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.

Comment

Jerry it might just be me but it looks like its password protected
              wingnut
              81 SH (Daily Ride)
              81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
              81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
              82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
              81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Try this and let me know:

Revelstoke video clip

I moved the file from the Pictures folder to the Public folder; hopefully that will do the trick.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.

Comment

Video

Hi Jerry, played fine for me in Windows Media. A bit slow loading but I can be patient (some times).
                  Thanks, will archive
                  ratbyk

Comment

You sure do notice that typical XS11 clunk when SWMBO shifts from first to second as she goes by you!
                    Ken Talbot

Comment

Clunk Clunk

I noticed but wasn't going to mention. You brought it up!
                      ratbyk

Comment

rally

count me in souds awesome
                        as ever bill
                        bill hane

Comment

You do realize that was last year's rally, eh?
                          Ken Talbot

Comment

2006 rally

it sounded so good i replied with out think
                            ing i'll bet it was real good. what about a-
                            nother.
                            as ever bill
                            bill hane

Comment

I marked it on my calendar, phoned the wife for the time off, was about to speak to my boss - and then realised it was last year

Am just back on the road and loving riding again, would really like to attend a rally but am nervous of going too far in case of problems plus I can't get long off work. A western Canada rally would be perfect.
                              Never mind, I'll just keep going. Bet you guys had a great time though.
                              Si Parker
                              '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

Western rally this year in Olympia, Washington. Aug 13 - 19.
                                Not that much farther away, and this year to boot! See thread:
                                http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...threadid=13341
                                Jerry Fields
                                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                                '06 Concours
                                My Galleries Page.
                                My Blog Page.

Comment

Working...
                                X