XS Rally - Selkirk Mountains - 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revilstoke

Right on Jeremy! It is great that you are going to be able to escape the Oregon Forestry Service for a few days. Looking forward to hooking up with you. I don't think I have seen you since Denny Z's in Olympia.

Comment

Yes, Jeremy, there will be space for you too!
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Revelstoke

Ken - My wife's brother is gravely ill in Houston and is flying there tomorrow - that nixes my plans to come to the doings. We raise and train hunting & companion (Lab's) and we just don't have anyone we could or would impart the responsibility of caring for dog's we are training for others.

Hope all have a great time and if anyone is coming back thru Port Angeles, WA you are welcome for a visit - BBQ- Hot Tub - an overnight - plenty of space to camp and two extra bedrooms - great day rides on the peninsula (mountains and water).

Be safe first - then have FUN.

Call 360-417-2681 or email if ya want the pit stop.

PS - semi-decent garage if ya need some wrenching.

Bull

82' XJ110J
        81' XS400SH
        78' 175 ElDirto
        82' XJ1100J
        86' Kawasaki 900 eliminator
        81' XS 400
        73' 125 yamaha dirt
        66' Honda CT200 CT90

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Bull. We'll join you in hoping for the best for your wife's brother.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

We've started!

It's official, and we've even got the banners up:

Arrivals so far include (l to r) Jeremy, Ken (Ratbyk), Denny, Don,

Ken Talbot

Comment

More arrivals today - Sid Clark, Howard, and Horst Unger from Vancouver Island, as well as Bill Kingston and Tina. Photos and stories to come.....
              Ken Talbot

Comment

... and Peter, Ron, Wilma, and Dorn, all from Revelstoke.

Send more beer!
                Ken Talbot

Comment

Jerry, Howard, Ken D, Sheila, Sid, Jeremy, Denny, Don
                  Ken Talbot

Comment

I made it home safe and sound!

Over 1500 miles later and I'm home! Had a great ride down through Washington - seemed like I had a tailwind the whole way! Got a 15 minute downpour just over the border and then the sun came out and dried me out. Ken and Shelia - thank you so much for hosting and doing what you do to make everyone feel like they are home. Your house is beautiful, your city is beautiful and you guys top them all! I have a few photos to share now and I will create an album at photodump in the next few days with all of them and I will post a link then. I wish I could have stayed a bit longer and gone up to Mica Dam with the group - I have always wanted to check it out. Oh well - Now I have a reason to come back up there! Well, take care and thanks again. If you are ever in Portland, never hesitate to call!

Thanks!

[IMG][/IMG]
                    Master Chef Ken Talbot and the Dolly Varden - Yes, his cooking is as good as his tech tips!

[IMG][/IMG]
                    Ken Daniels showing us all how to relax and unwind!

[IMG][/IMG]
                    The crowd gathers as Sid's carbs get tuned - AGAIN!

[IMG][/IMG]
                    Waiting for the ferry to Galena Bay

More to follow...
                    Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
                    2002 Ducati ST4S
                    2012 BMW F800R
                    1981 Suzuki GS450E
                    1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

I arrived home this morning, Saturday. Was in rain all the way from Revelstoke to the Alberta border and then heavy cross winds from Banff all the way to Cochrane, Alberta where I decided that I had had enough so I got a hotel room there. I then got to what our local football team ( the game was blacked out at home ) win a game in a steady down pour of rain that I would have been hitting when I arrived in Edmonton. My wife said it poured all day.
                      Got up early Saturday morning and had a cool but sunny run home.
                      Thank you Ken and Sheila for a wonderful time. This group is made up of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
                      Please stop in with us in Edmonton. We will be happy to see you and any one else from the group.
                      Don Hughes
                      Ex-1978 E
                      Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
                      1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
                      1990 Honda Goldwing
                      Edmonton

Comment

You know, it just wouldn't be an XS rally if we didn't have a chance to strip down Sid's bike!

Ratbyk took this next one, he calls it Mikuni 101 ...

Somebody brought along a stock airbox to reinstall when they removed the indys on Yellow Zonker. Then they got into my rubbermaid tub of carb parts, and grabbed a set of 110s to replace the horribly oversized 147.5s Sid has been running. When they got it all buttoned up and Sid took it for a quick 7k run up and down the street, it sure sounded like it was running better!
                        Ken Talbot

Comment

If this link will work here are some of the pictures I took at Revelstoke this past week.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view.php?V...55522103iVjTLP

Hopefully this link will work.
                          It is Shaws Photo Share program.
                          Don Hughes
                          Ex-1978 E
                          Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
                          1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
                          1990 Honda Goldwing
                          Edmonton

Comment

Got home to De Beque, Colorado earlier this evening. Total miles: 3,550. It was a good trip and a great rally, even if we did get rained out the last day. Gave us a chance to see other sites, like the railway museum!

Had lots of rain on the way home. Also developed 2 minor problems; my oil leak started up again and the last day and a half was without running lights; kept blowing fuses. Stop and turn lights were OK, so no big issue. Had to splint the trailer's tongue, rough roads causes it to crack under the load, but no problems after that.

I'll be downloading the digital images and putting them in an album for viewing. I didn't take all that many; all you guys who did, please send me your pics by e-mail or I'll take a CD. Address is:

Jerry Fields
                            P.O. Box 278
                            De Beque, CO 81630
                            USA

My deep thanks to Ken and Shelia for hosting this event and giving me an excuse to vist British Columbia's more interior roads.

More later. Am very tired and want to take a quick look at the digitals before heading off to sleep.
                            Jerry Fields
                            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                            '06 Concours
                            My Galleries Page.
                            My Blog Page.
                            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

First Photos

I've posted a few photos at:

Selkirk Rally

More will be added as I get them from other attendees.
                              Jerry Fields
                              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                              '06 Concours
                              My Galleries Page.
                              My Blog Page.

Comment

Have added some photos from Ratbyk to the album; take a look!

http://homepage.mac.com/jerryfields/PhotoAlbum3.html
                                Jerry Fields
                                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                                '06 Concours
                                My Galleries Page.
                                My Blog Page.

Comment

Working...
                                X