XS Rally - Selkirk Mountains - 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting closer, folks!

Got a fresh 9.5 pound Dolly Varden this afternoon from my neighbour who owns a cabin down on Trout Lake! This is going to be the centrepiece of the BBQ we'll do one evening. I figure we'll roast/smoke it on slow heat with smoke from coastal red alder chunks right on the grill. We'll also have some lean burgers, and some very nice Mennonite farmer sausage from down the road.

For the obligatory 'greens' foodgroup, we'll have some organic mixed greens that we get from our Saturday morning farmer's market. Add in some local artisan specialty breads and we should be set.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Ken Talbot wrote:
      Got a fresh 9.5 pound Dolly Varden... the centrepiece of the BBQ... some lean burgers, and some very nice Mennonite farmer sausage... some organic mixed greens... some local artisan specialty breads
      Wow, Ken, I'd go all that way just for the food!
      • Time off is arranged
      • The bikes are ready (XJ700 & FZX700)
      • Trailer assembly is this weekend
      We'll be there!

XSively,
      Bill K.
      1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
      1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Ken,

I'll be there. Probably Monday evening. Will be tenting it. See you then.
        DZ
        Vyger, 'F'
        "The Special", 'SF'
        '08 FJR1300

Comment

Me to! Same as Denny Z, Monday evening, tenting. Looking forward to seeing you all.
          Ken (ratbyk)

Comment

Looking forward to it. I plan to leave Colorado on August 5, will arrive in Revelstoke Tuesday, August 8. Hope my tent site reservation request is still good!

Be warned...I snore - loudly - so you may want to put me down the yard a ways.....
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Not to worry, Jerry, I've got a bulk box of earplugs.
              Ken Talbot

Comment

Ken:

For those of us who actually have an itinerary, can you supply your address and a phone where my wife can leave a message if she needs to? I don't carry a cell phone when I'm away from work.

Thanks
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.

Comment

Sure, Jerry.

Street address:
                  74 Burke Drive
                  Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0

Home number with answering machine (250) 837-2497
                  My cellphone (250) 837-7856
                  SWMBO's cellphone (250) 814-8795 (Sheila)
                  Ken Talbot

Comment

National Parks visit

Picked up a couple of group passes yesterday for Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks. These will get us up the Meadows in the Sky Parkway and the Giant Cedars and the Skunk Cabbage boardwalk trails in Mount Revelstoke Park. In Glacier Park, we can access a few more trails such as Hemlock Grove boardwalk trail, Loop Brook trail, and Abandoned Rails trail. From there, it is only a short hop to Rogers Pass National Historic Site .

Oh, and did mention that this is avalanche country ?
                    Ken Talbot

Comment

Revilstoke

Ken, this rally is looking very interesting. You appear to be working overtime to show case the Revilstoke area.
                      Thanks for the effort, leave out the land slides though!
                      Tee Hee, Ken

Comment

Trailer is packed, bike checked out. I'm leaving for BC tomorrow morning (Saturday) and am really looking forward to it. Hope to arrive in Revelstoke Monday afternoon. See you then!
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.

Comment

Have a great ride, Jerry. We'll have something cool on hand for your arrival...
                          Ken Talbot

Comment

Say, Ken...

My wife and I should be at a Revelstoke motel by Monday evening. But if we get tired of driving (lazy) and decide to pull in on Tuesday morning, I'd like to know the tentative schedule.

So, what's the Tuesday plan... breakfast at 8am, ride at 9am, etc?

See you soon!

XSively,
                            Bill K.
                            1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
                            1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Tuesday will be a fairly relaxed day as all of our riding will be within an hour of home base. We'll do breakfast here or somewhere within close walking distance. If we get under way by 10:00, we'll still have lots of time to see all the scheduled sights. If you do pull over before you get here, call ahead and we'll be able to gauge when you'll arrive and adjust the itinerary to fit.
                              Ken Talbot

Comment

Last minute hope!

Ken -

Its been some time since we met at Sid's a couple of years back but I just learned that I will be able to come up to your place. I will be leaving Portland tomorrow and staying somewhere near Osoyoos and then heading on up to your place Monday. I am bringing my tent so I hope you still have some room in the yard - if not, I'm flexible! I will have to head home Wednesday as work will be piling up in my absence. I am really looking forward to catching up with some folks I haven't seen in a while. I'll see you soon
                                Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
                                2002 Ducati ST4S
                                2012 BMW F800R
                                1981 Suzuki GS450E
                                1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Working...
                                X