• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marty .... You have a PM !
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

It appears that some of us are getting responses at the Cow Shed when we call that are not what we expect.

This is not an urban setting. This is rural counrty, with good country folks. If you call during the day you might talk to the owner, who will ask for a credit card number. However you might talk to the 'help' and if I understand my West Virginia accent they are not allowed to ask for a credit card number. This might be their 'security.'

I called at 2 PM on Tuesday and made the reservations, and asked the nice lady to put me with the other XS11 folks. She did sound a bit confused about that, but did ask for my CC number. I mentioned that the one other person who made reservations was concerned that no one asked for a CC number, she said she is the only one allowed to ask for one.

Just part of the excitement of the rally, I guess. You know - Will I have a room when I get there? Will the roads be paved? Is there gas stations there? Will I get food poisoning? Don't these things go through YOUR mind on the way to a rally???
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

hmmm

why am i hearing the soundtrack to deliverance when i read about this place?

i must have missed a few posts, whats the name of the town again? and this Cow Shed, is that a hotel? (i'm not being totally sarcastic, we have a place here called the Cow Palace)

Comment

They have a web site (first post on this thread) By the pictures and menu and one person's comments it sounds like a good place to rally around.

I have been to several places in West Virginia and I have never felt that " deliverance " feeling.
          Tom
          2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
          gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Actually I posted to close this thread, so all you guys and gals go to the other thread. That one has the phone numbers and all that other stuff.
            Marty in NW PA
            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Is we gonna hear banjos playing on that there cow path you take us down this year? They ain't a gonna try to make ya squeal like a pig will they then?
              Madbiker

Comment

Geee whizz, your got a purty mouth!

Comment

Working...
                X