This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madbiker
    I think your right Marty some else should step up and plan the next rally. There are a lot of nice roads in every state as I showed you down here they were no match W.Va. , but still nice to play on. I like W.Va. as much as you do and will be down there in a heart beat if someone says that where were going . There was also talk at one of the rallys about Vt. , N.H. and another place I can't remember so lets hear from them . Now the area your looking at is not that far from the Blue Ridge Parkway, but that has a speed limit on it and is patroled.
    Ralph the Madbiker
    96 Royal Star Royal Mistress
    80 Midnight Sp. Evil Mistress stil in my heart
    650 Savage Tracy's
    Hi Marty/Ralph,
    Right on Ralph. Ok Let's not do the parkway then.
    however seriously: 150miles = 4 hours on top of what i recall as a long day? it took us 7 hours to get to you Marty and i recall friday we did not arrive until 18:30 ( 6;30pm) On the return Hamjam and I left after breakfast on Sunday (ie Late morning) and were home by 9:30pm Monday night. Logistics suck.
    having said that: New River Gorge area really appeals to me having stopped at the bridge look out many times.
    May have to call in sick/dead to do this one
    NO I am not volunteering to organise but I do lust after WV roads.
    Hamjam is quiet?
    Canada Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Blue Ridge Pkwy

I just had a look at Tom's link. That Route 16 From the BRP to Tazewell, VA is an absolutely wonderful ride. I came that way with Brent and our daughters last time.

Please note that we didn't gather with the rest of you until Saturday evening. It was a very long ride. IIRC, we were on the bikes for a total of eight days!

If you bring the ride south, the faces are going to change. WV is a long way from east TN. Bringing it on down will certainly make it easier for me to attend!
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Marty you got my vote for WV. But then you know I like riding in WV.

Ralph Meeks
        Ralph Meeks
        79F
        80SG

Comment

Princeton looks good to me. Ya gotta look hard to find a bad road in WV. I was kind of hoping for an eastern Tenn. location this time (Greeneville), but if that means the Canadians can't make it, I'd rather stick with WV.
          The only problem with Princeton is, I couldn't keep Marty in sight when he was on his XS. If he's leading on his FZ, there's a strong possibility I could be two states behind...
          Mark

Comment

Actually I was looking at the Pineville area, just a little west of Princeton.

No other suggestions / ideas / thoughts?

How about you characters in VA? Got any interesting routes in that state? I bet you do.

I heard there was an interesting Indian path or something in the northern part of Massachusetts?

Southern OH, East TN?

And I already said I would bring the XS if I still had it. But Sally will be on the back regardless so I don't go too fast with her along.
            Marty in NW PA
            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Southern Ohio does have some great roads. Chief among them is RT. 555 (the triple nickel). It rivals anything in WV.
              The problem with Southern Ohio is the lack of facilities, unless you want to stay at a state park.
              The other problem, as anyone who has traveled through Ohio knows, is the Ohio State Patrol. In all of our riding in WV, I don't recall seeing one speed trap!
              Mark

Comment

Marty
                The thing about the Blue Ridge Parkway is it's at the top of the mts the roads you want are on the sides of the mts. at least that what you told me . There was a guy last year that said about somewhere in Va. don't remember where I think he went by Vanhump, and we better get Brent in on this so hes not 3 months behind again. LOL
                Ralph

Comment

Quote:
                  Southern Ohio does have some great roads. Chief among them is RT. 555 (the triple nickel). It rivals anything in WV.

Coming back from last years XS11 east I took 555 and headed north, 60 north to Zanesville to 666 ,up to Dresden, then 16 north to Coshocton then 83 north to Wooster.
                  I liked 666 and the 83 better than 555. but that is just my opinon. I have to admit that it was raining at the time which doesn't help for riding a new road.
                  Last edited by Huron52; 11-01-2005, 12:58 PM.
                  Tom
                  2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                  gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

We could have a rally in PA, Hey,, NW PA. Mabee even on the western side of PA,, I here there are some nice roads in PA, On the other hand, How about PA, I've got a brother that lives in western PA. I think we may even have a member or two in Western PA. For something just occured to me, We can only have a rally in PA if there is no Scapple no eat. ( Man that stuff is worse then dog food, Not that I would know ) Hey Marty,, How 'bout PA.?
                    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                    1-big XS patch
                    1-small XS/XJ patch
                    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Or, on the other hand, how about PA?

Comment

Where is that?

OK 2 Votes for PA.

Where ya been Randy?
                        Marty in NW PA
                        This IS my happy face.

Comment

T-Shirt

and we better get Brent in on this so hes not 3 months behind again. LOL
                          Ralph [/B][/QUOTE]

Ha ha. Thank you.
                          I would like to order a t-shirt now for SE rally in spring of 06. Chances of being able to attend are even better than in years past. I do not believe location will be too far away. unXSpected rally shirts look great. Daughter Leeanne is wearing hers now.

Riding weather. Got some cold weather and even frost here too. 'course it melted and dried up about 30 minutes after dawn then temps rise into the 60 or 70's by afternoon. I have been working too much and riding too little. It is seasonal work and will be over by thanksgiving. Still many warm days here in Nov.

Brent in Ga
                          It is a great big beautiful world out there
                          Brent in GA
                          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

the Ohio State Patrol.

I Have seen more cars stopped, and traffic running between 54 & 56 mph in ohio than anywhere else.

Let us meet outside of and not in that rain forrest in PA. I bet it is raining in Scranton right now.

In all of our riding in WV, I don't recall seeing one speed trap!
                            Mark [/B][/QUOTE]

I like WV too. Any where there ski lifts near by will have facilities and curvy roads and mountains.

Surprise me! I have been impressed by NY and Indiana in ways I never expected.

Brent in Ga
                            It is a great big beautiful world out there
                            Brent in GA
                            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

PA - hadn't thought about the rain, mostly boring roads...

In a general kind of evaluation, the current order is

WV 1st
                              PA 2nd (rain forest in the spring, but that's one opinion.)
                              ?? 3rd

Ohio has been eliminated as too costly - speed traps - and not much fun as states go, anyway.

Heard but not commented on was
                              VA - definitely has potential in some areas.
                              VT/ME - another rain forest?

Other comments?
                              Marty in NW PA
                              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Brent Pa. is not any wetter then Ind. was Email me when you get chance i have a idea for you next year.
                                Ralph

Comment

Working...
                                X