XSEast-2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    I like Wellsboro PA...I already know of a great motel there...which I have stayed at with the ST-Owner crowd and is an easy 2 min walk to everything downtown...plus people I know who live there can offer local knowledge of great backroads. I think if the Grangers want to host one in NY in '14 then '13 should be elsewhere.
    I loved VT and its still rates as my favorite rally...that I have been to.
    WVA is beautiful abd darned closer too. However the past 2 rallies still were more of a southern clime (too effin' hot) so perhaps a more northern latitude would give us a more temperate event...JAT
    Hey Ben, I may finally make it to a Wellsboro event. Also my brotherinlaw is a judge up there.....that may also come in handy.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by xs11lover View Post
      Hey Ben, I may finally make it to a Wellsboro event. Also my brotherinlaw is a judge up there.....that may also come in handy.
      well Garrett its a good place and the town is a scene straight out of New England...the roads around there are pretty good too...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA View Post
        Stand by for the motel announcement - Monday...
        Without trying to add anything more to the where it should be...
        I think a decision is coming.....

On Monday

....and then we all will know the where
        Tom
        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

I'm for Wellsboro since I missed that XSEast. However, WV is always a hoot. I hosted XSEast2000 at Blackwater Falls State Park in Davis WV. Great riding. Lodge, cabins, dining hall and camping.
          Darrell
          78E
          80G project
          06FJR

Comment

Go here

no more posts here.
            Marty in NW PA
            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Wow, Im a little surprised it seemed as though Wellsboro was starting to gain momentum. Well, I cant make it to WV so you can count me out.

If any members are still interested in holding a "mini" ralley in Wellsboro PA then Im in. I wont need lodging as its 3 hours from my house and only 1 hour from my home town so I could stay with family...

I usually dont know what I have planned next week let alone 6 months from now so if you guy wanted to hold something formal and put a date on it then thats cool. I do know that I will be too busy starting April1 through May 10th...

If you want to keep it informal just as a group ride (call it what ever you want) then thats just as good. Im not going to head this up so if someone wants to feel free, just throwing out the idea. Would like to meet some more of the members and if we can get even 3 or 4 guys together I would call it a success.
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
              GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I can do Wellsboro anytime, It's only about 45 miles away. I'd just need a little notice to take off work as I'm working 7 days a week. Maybe a little camping with a few rides and some beers after???? There are some good camp grounds up there. At this point I only have the xs850 leagal and on the road but by summer I'll be done with the mid-day special.
                79 DT 100

Comment

theres some great lodging in Wellsboro too...check out the rates at the Canyon Motel...its 2 mins walk to the Wellsboro Diner and 2 more mins and you're on Main St....also the Penn-Wells Hotel and Motel...and any road with a #4 in it will be a great road to ride...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                    theres some great lodging in Wellsboro too...check out the rates at the Canyon Motel...its 2 mins walk to the Wellsboro Diner and 2 more mins and you're on Main St....also the Penn-Wells Hotel and Motel...and any road with a #4 in it will be a great road to ride...
                    It's unlikely that I would do any lodging, just leave from Watkins Glen area bright and early to meet you folks in Welsboro. Ride all day and return home...

Your not kidding about the roads with a 4 in them... I think Rt144 to 2004 and back up through Rt120 to Steam Mill Rd would be a fun ride. With roads like that I would be happy to back track all day.
                    '79 XS11 F
                    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I've ridden the area 3 times and each time it was better...roads with virtually no traffic and while they're not quite as twisty as other places...still great riding and scenery...Love Pine Creek and the PA Grand Canyon. The road up (and down) to Hyner View was a fun road too...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

At one point all the hotels up there were packed with gas drillers, I'm not sure there are any good hotel deals up there now.
                        79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by xs11lover View Post
                          At one point all the hotels up there were packed with gas drillers, I'm not sure there are any good hotel deals up there now.
                          when was this?
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

The natural gas fracers have moved into Pa. They were so heavy in the Wellsboro area a year or two ago that all the rentals were rented and so were the hotels. Alot of that action has toned down up there and around here now....the price of natural gas is so low it's not being taken from the ground until they can get more cash out of it.....they are still setting up alot of wells and putting in the pipe line. It's about the only good paying job around if you don't already have one. lots of overtime, 60 to 70 hr weeks.
                            79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
                            X