XSEast-2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSEast-2013?

Open for discussion...nothing has been decided although some folks have expressed interest...the sooner we discuss and decide where, the sooner we can book rooms and hopefully get a place that will actually keep us together as a block of rooms all on the 1st floor...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Good job Ben!
    The time for discussion is now. Anyone who wants to step up and host XS East 2013 can sing out now, and then we don't need to discuss. I am available to help if needed also. Otherwise, where would you like to be for next year's XS East rally? (Note the Grangers have indicated they might host another NY state rally in 2014.)

Some ideas:
    (Lock Haven, PA / Wellsboro, PA - (North Central PA) - not too many twisty roads but lots of rural low-traffic through-the-woods roads.

Bridgeport, WV (Northern WV)

Staunton, VA (Mid-North VA)

Other ideas?
    Last edited by MartyA; 05-30-2012, 05:30 AM.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Back to anywhere in W.Va.

North Bend

Elkin's

Comment

I liked that Vermont trip. How about somewhere in up state NY?
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

I like Wellsboro PA...I already know of a great motel there...which I have stayed at with the ST-Owner crowd and is an easy 2 min walk to everything downtown...plus people I know who live there can offer local knowledge of great backroads. I think if the Grangers want to host one in NY in '14 then '13 should be elsewhere.
          I loved VT and its still rates as my favorite rally...that I have been to.
          WVA is beautiful abd darned closer too. However the past 2 rallies still were more of a southern clime (too effin' hot) so perhaps a more northern latitude would give us a more temperate event...JAT
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Come on now Ben, by next year your blood will be so thin, you will go to Vermont or NY and need to wear winter riding gear. And we will hear how we need to move it south so the southerners do not freeze. Think of poor Phil.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
              Come on now Ben, by next year your blood will be so thin, you will go to Vermont or NY and need to wear winter riding gear. And we will hear how we need to move it south so the southerners do not freeze. Think of poor Phil.

No way buddy...heh heh,,I lived in the NE most of my life and always enjoy the cooler weather rides and loved winter riding too...since I tend to overheat easily the cooler the better...I kid you not... I'd go back to VT any time
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'm partial to Wellsboro since I missed that one. Stauton VA is just up the road from Lexington VA which we did last year. Marty's neck of the woods sounds interesting. And I wouldn't mind returning to that fabulous WV resort, the Cowshed.
                Darrell
                78E
                80G project
                06FJR

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA View Post
                  Good job Ben!
                  HThe time for discussion is now. Anyone who wants to step up and host XS East 2013 can sing out now, and then we don't need to discuss. I am available to help if needed also. Otherwise, where would you like to be for next year's XS East rally? (Note the Grangers have indicated they might host another NY state rally in 2014.)

Some ideas:
                  (Lock Haven, PA / Wellsboro, PA - (North Central PA) - not too many twisty roads but lots of rural low-traffic through-the-woods roads.

Bridgeport, WV (Northern WV)

Staunton, VA (Mid-North VA)

Other ideas?
                  Hello all,
                  PA, VA, or even WV[a] all sound good to me --- --- and very do-able.
                  Bridgeport,WV has ALOT of hotel and resturant options and is right off I-79.
                  We "old timers" know the options in Elkins and Cairo WV. --- sorta slim, especially Cairo.
                  BUT, it's not the accomodations we're about, IT'S THE ROADS !!!!
                  'Just my 2 cents.
                  Ride Safe, Greg C.
                  '86 GL1200-Aspencade
                  '93 KLX650-C

Comment

Fayetteville WV? LOL, just cause thats where I live. We do have some awesome rides here and a lot of parks and lots of things to do. We are voted the coolest small town in the world.
                    Jeff
                    77 XS750 2D completely stock
                    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Originally posted by xsivebiker View Post
                      Hello all,
                      PA, VA, or even WV[a] all sound good to me --- --- and very do-able.
                      Bridgeport,WV has ALOT of hotel and resturant options and is right off I-79.
                      We "old timers" know the options in Elkins and Cairo WV. --- sorta slim, especially Cairo.
                      BUT, it's not the accomodations we're about, IT'S THE ROADS !!!!
                      'Just my 2 cents.
                      Ride Safe, Greg C.
                      '86 GL1200-Aspencade
                      '93 KLX650-C
                      What options are you referring to in Elkins? Availability of alcohol? They do have an econo lodge in town and the geography of the area looks really great for riding.
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Options

The options I was referring to was more than one hotel to choose from and
                        numerous well known resturant chains.
                        Don't get me worng; when we did Pineville,WV the Cowshed Motel had every thing we needed. Cairo is sorta "slim pickens". Elkins has a few choices.
                        As mentioned, it's the roads we're interested in.
                        'Just name a place; we all know the time!
                        Cambridge, O. had alot going for it, numerous gas stations, numerous resturants, K-Mart, etc. 'Just a thought about accomodations and options.
                        [No, I'm NOT saying do Cambridge Ohio again in 2013]
                        Greg C.
                        '86 GL1200-Aspencade
                        '93 KLX650-C

Comment

I'm thinking that it would be nice to stay away from chain restaurants and hotels whenever possible. Local places (like our two great lunch stops last weekend) need our business and are way more interesting.
                          Having said that, I do know that we're a big group.
                          80 SG
                          81 SH in parts
                          99 ST1100
                          91 ST1100

Comment

thats cool Greg. I've only ridden thru a part of WVA and wouldn't mind seeing more of it...
                            I also liked Wellsboro...theres a Canyon Motel that will accomodate motorcyclists and the majority of the units are together on a ground floor....indoor pool is pretty big and nice too. less than 5 min walk into town and the Penn-Wells Hotel or that really good Steakhouse....and all the regular amenities that one would like nearby...gas..beer..etc...I can find us some twisty roads I am sure...as I know some local ST-Owners that I am sure would be helpful with routes to ride.
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                              I'm thinking that it would be nice to stay away from chain restaurants and hotels whenever possible. Local places (like our two great lunch stops last weekend) need our business and are way more interesting.
                              Having said that, I do know that we're a big group.
                              I agree both lunch stops were really fantastic and supportive of the local economy is the way to go...I would absolutely go back to Quinet's in New Martinsville WVA in a heartbeat...
                              And the Stockport Mill Inn was also a fascinating place to eat and view the river...along with climbing all the way up to the crow's nest... what a view from 4 stories up...unbelieveable how solidly it is built...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X