No announcement yet.

XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, packed now just stick the bags and boxes on and meet the boya at the border. Safe ride everyone.

Carl
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

• Met up with gareth in ardsley, ny then we met ben darrel and duane in peekskill at noon arrived in brattleboro about 5 already 20-30 people here woohoo!!

Comment

• Folks, sorry I am not making it over there. I got a call from my son who said he was coming home from the Marine Corps for the weekend, plus, I have my younger son this weekend.

I sure hope you all can have a good weekend with this uncertain weather going on this morning.

Stay safe and enjoy the rally.

Don
        currently own;
        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

• Home

After an uneventful 2 hr. ride (except for all the LEO's out there) I arrived home from XSEast 2009 with 568 miles on the clock. A grand time was had by all. Thanks to Randy for a his 2nd successful rally. As usual it was good to see old friends and meet new ones. Pic's to follow along with stories, lies and general exaggerations.

Comment

• Easy run home for us as well....here about 4pm.
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

• VT is Outtasight baby!

Back home 6 1/2 hours and total mileage came to 961 miles...Randy put on the most awesome rally...VT is beautiful and so were our accomodations. Kudos to Randy and all the support from others who made this the best rally EVAR!
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• home 5:00 pm, thanks to all for a great rally. what away to kick off the riding season.
                80 xs1100G

Comment

• Ryan and I are at my place. Ralph

Comment

• Just touched down at 6PM, Gareth and I took the scenic routes back. If I must say so myself, it was a great rally. A fine mix of twisties and scenic views, delicious food, a big group of great friends with 33-1/2 bikes. We had our share of repairs including me (oh, the shame). More on that later with details of some very innovative and creative fixes involving aluminum foil, foam rubber, rubber bands and launching parts. You'll just have to wait for the juicy details, 'cause I really need a shower right now. I'll write up something tomorrow. Wait till you see the pics

Three days is not near enough time.

Comment

• Great weekend ! Thanks again Randy. Good to see everyone again ....
                      80 SG
                      81 SH in parts
                      99 ST1100
                      91 ST1100

Comment

• Great Time!

Hey, lets do it again this week-end! Just kidding, between both bike I logged 720 miles in the saddle, I need some rest.
                        thanks for your help with the turn signals Randy, went right out and got one of those soldering guns. It was good to be able to put faces with names, looking forward to the nest event. Thanks for a great time!
                        1978 XS1100E, full dress w/Velorex 700 side car (My Blue 'leven) 1980 XS1100SG (as of yet un-named)

Comment

• Sally and I in at 5:30 PM. Despite best efforts for performance awards no problems. Around 1200 miles total from MaPS. I didn't keep an exact count on the clock.

Nice job, Randy! Thanks to the organizers and awards creators.

Just a thought, as time marches on maybe we have a one day ride and a one day parking lot repair session. Anyone with a problem bring it. We ought to have many heads and hands to help fix just about anything. We got electricians, mechanics, interrogators, observers, and even a cheering section....
                          Marty in NW PA
                          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                          This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Home about 6:30... unevent ride home....

It's just not the same without Doug
                            Tom
                            2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                            gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Back in the hood after after a scenic trip down to the city...

( Do you know where you are going??... No... I thought you knew.. Whaddya mean Rt NY7 isn't the same as Rt7?...)

I had a blast, so much fun start to finish.

Tally for the weekend...

789 miles,
                              One scuffed hard-bag lid
                              . ( Need to jettison parts to conserve speed...)
                              One vapor-locked tank. ( Am I outta gas again?? I filled it up 2 miles ago..)
                              One cracked exhaust pipe. ( Whassat noise..??)
                              One EGT port bolt. ( Who's whistling?..)
                              4 million brain-cells destroyed by one bottle of Arrogant B#$tard, assorted Blues, 10w30s and Blue Moons.

Excellent.

Thanks to everyone who helped out, who picked up stuff that fell off, who assured me that the bike wasn't about to seize or fall apart, who blew by me at 90mph holding a video camera, who cornered the market in American Legion Ladies Auxiliary Barbecued Chicken, who asked me if their muffler-less bike sounded a "little loud", who asked the waiter to DEFINE "chocolate milkshake cake", who offered to slap (.. or punch, his choice..) the Maitre-D, who went on a 60 mile round-trip to search for a missing side-cover

You made my weekend...

Gareth.

Comment

• Safe and sound in Ottawa about 1 hour ago, all unpacked and heading for the TUB
                                AWESOME RALLY !!!!! A GREAT Biking weekend!!!!!
                                A BIG THANKS to everyone who helped in putting it together!!!
                                Rob
                                KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                                1978 XS500E
                                1979 XS1100F Restored
                                1980 XS1100 SG
                                1981 Suzuki GS1100
                                1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                                1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
                                X