Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xsiveson View Post
    Hello everyone
    It was great to meet all of you. I had a lot of fun riding on the roads. Thank you all. I hope oneday soon i will have my own bike to ride on the rallies more often.

Aaron
    It was also very nice to meet you! And we won't tell your mother about anything.
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Originally posted by xsiveson View Post
      Hello everyone
      It was great to meet all of you. I had a lot of fun riding on the roads. Thank you all. I hope oneday soon i will have my own bike to ride on the rallies more often.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,
      It was great riding with you. Hope to see more of you at future Rides. Deborah says Hi too.
      Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
      Owner of:
      1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
      140 mains
      45 pilot jets
      Floats at 24mm
      Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

• Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
        It was also very nice to meet you! And we won't tell your mother about anything.
        That's right!

What happened in Vermont stays in Vermont!

Paul
        1983 XJ1100 Maxim
        1979 XS1100 Standard
        1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

• Yeah, Aaron, nice to meet you...from all the fat old guys that rode with Deborah's husband!

Comment

• Aaron...It was a pleasure to meet and ride with you...Thanks for all of your help with the air compressor and allowing me use of your laptop to access this site. Plus Kudos for pushing your dad to jump start his bike...for two days no less. Hope to meet you again...Take Care..BNE p.s. I'm not as fat as the others...LOL
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Hey Aaron, it was cool having you there to take some of the heat off of me for being a newbie to the rally AND being young (well... at least younger than everyone else)! Haha. Good to meet you, man. Hopefully you'll have your own bike soon enough.

-Ryan
              "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

• Randy,
                I did not want to dispute with Gareth but what Deborah did say was an exact quote from you. "Old Farts on old bikes" "except maybe for Ryan". She did not even mention me in her conversation though I can understand Gareths confusion with so many new names he may have thought Ryan was my name instead of Ray. When Deborah read the post from Gareth she was very upset. She lost sleep that night worrying over how you and the others at the rally would think she was trashing you behind your back.

She had a great time and was pleased to have met so many nice folks. We both are looking forward to getting together with the XSives again. She does not want anyone thinking that she refered to them as fat old men. Like I said I do not wish to dispute with anyone but " a bunch of old, fat guys riding along with my husband" is not what she said.

I hope that this clarifies the issue as neither I nor Deborah wishes ill feelings with other XSers over a misunderstanding.

Ray
                Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
                Owner of:
                1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                140 mains
                45 pilot jets
                Floats at 24mm
                Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

• Well Xsives, as I vicariously ride the rally through your photographs and clips it , looks like a normal meeting of the Xsives ,WoW an awful lot of fun sorry I missed it but “I’ll be back”
                  Randy , Thank you for the shirt ant thanks to the rest of you who wrote all over it .
                  I missed the rally because of a bunch-o-heart tests . all the tests were repeats from 3 months ago. all is good . The first test something to do with oxygen take up in the heart , a score of 10 or lower means an imminent transplant last time mine was 14. I got 9.9 ;-( this time , But on one of the other 2 tests a BGsomethig or other I did better than last time . The other was no improvement. so I was sent away after being told to keep doing what I am doing .. I am going to get a transplant but not soon ,they want me to be as strong as I can get , thus greatly improving my chances of getting through the operation , I will be assessed again in 3 months, so it’s hurry up and wait , Life is so much fun !! Ha
                  hope to see you soon
                  Jim
                  Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                  Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                  and SOXS
                  2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

• Originally posted by rman View Post
                    Randy,
                    I did not want to dispute with Gareth but what Deborah did say was an exact quote from you. "Old Farts on old bikes" "except maybe for Ryan". She did not even mention me in her conversation though I can understand Gareths confusion with so many new names he may have thought Ryan was my name instead of Ray. When Deborah read the post from Gareth she was very upset. She lost sleep that night worrying over how you and the others at the rally would think she was trashing you behind your back.

She had a great time and was pleased to have met so many nice folks. We both are looking forward to getting together with the XSives again. She does not want anyone thinking that she refered to them as fat old men. Like I said I do not wish to dispute with anyone but " a bunch of old, fat guys riding along with my husband" is not what she said.

I hope that this clarifies the issue as neither I nor Deborah wishes ill feelings with other XSers over a misunderstanding.

Ray
                    I can only speak for myself but I can tell you and Deborah that my feelings were not hurt nor was I insulted.

(according to my wife I have no feelings but that's another matter)
                    Paul
                    1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                    1979 XS1100 Standard
                    1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

• I'm sorry if deborah was upset but ifshe knew how often and how vigorously we rib each other she would understandthat its all in fun

Comment

• I am sorry if the posting offended anyone. I don't recall having attributed the quote in the original posting. Frankly I'm not sure who I heard it from on the night. I just thought it was funny and affectionate and worth repeating and very typical of the humor and fun of the whole weekend.
                        But I might have been buzzed on the Cooler Contents at the time..so don't quote me..

"At over 40mph, on a motorcycle, no one can hear an Old Fart... Fart."

You can quote me on that.

G.

Comment

• Originally posted by blue giant View Post
                          I can only speak for myself but I can tell you and Deborah that my feelings were not hurt nor was I insulted.

(according to my wife I have no feelings but that's another matter)
                          Nor was I in fact I think I may have been the first one to mention old farts and of course that includes me. Paul I know you have feelings about what kind of beer you will drink.
                          http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by olebiker View Post
                            Nor was I in fact I think I may have been the first one to mention old farts and of course that includes me. Paul I know you have feelings about what kind of beer you will drink.
                            or won't drink!!
                            Paul
                            1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                            1979 XS1100 Standard
                            1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

• He Doesn't Drink Good beer anyways!
                              Matt
                              Maxim 1100
                              (aka-Blue Giants Son)

Comment

• Well I had an Arrogant Bastard...all 20 ozs. of it....one was enough...and Alpine was pretty good...VT microbrews were interesting too.
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X