XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RPleines View Post
    I was fortunate enough to run into you fine folks on Route 100 over the weekend while you were on your way to lunch on Saturday. I was on my FJ1200 pulling out of the Vermont Country Store when you went by. Quite an impressive group. As I was watching and waiting and counting 1100's when woman came up to me and asked " are you with that group" and I told her " no but I will be in a minute ". I just wanted to stop by your site and say as a former owner of a 79 special what a pleasure it was to see so many XS1100's and for a few miles being a part of your group. Thanks for making the weekend "special" Rich
    Rich,

I am glad you chimed in, lunch was great!! I was on the Triumph, we had a nice talk at the stop lights! Nice FJ as well.

Gary
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by RPleines View Post
      I was fortunate enough to run into you fine folks on Route 100 over the weekend while you were on your way to lunch on Saturday. I was on my FJ1200 pulling out of the Vermont Country Store when you went by. Quite an impressive group. As I was watching and waiting and counting 1100's when woman came up to me and asked " are you with that group" and I told her " no but I will be in a minute ". I just wanted to stop by your site and say as a former owner of a 79 special what a pleasure it was to see so many XS1100's and for a few miles being a part of your group. Thanks for making the weekend "special" Rich
      You know.... I did notice you ! grey and blue... with a passenger...
      Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA View Post
        Apparently he didn't read all of this forum - we take all kinds any time. You are always welcome.
        Lord yes they do they even let me hang around.
        http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

• Ray's pics from XS East

Enjoy:

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow
          Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
          Owner of:
          1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
          140 mains
          45 pilot jets
          Floats at 24mm
          Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

• Hi Guys,
            To all who suggeted i trailer my new ride home. I have borrowed truck & trailer and HamJam and I are off on a road trip to Ottawa to pick up my "new" 81 XS11 Venturer.
            Thanks
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
              Hi Guys,
              To all who suggeted i trailer my new ride home. I have borrowed truck & trailer and HamJam and I are off on a road trip to Ottawa to pick up my "new" 81 XS11 Venturer.
              Thanks
              Phil
              So did you not tell Big Daddy Funk where you live
              Seamus Ă“ hUrmholtaigh
              Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
              and SOXS
              2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

• Nice pic's. Complements to the photo taker. Good eye!

Comment

• Laurel and Hardy motorcycle transport services

Originally posted by hamjam View Post
                  So did you not tell Big Daddy Funk where you live
                  Yep I got directions, Hope one of you guys can drive with a trailer on and remember where I live. You might want to cover it with a tarp so the bike isn't too embarassed. Try to get it here in one piece please. Rick
                  I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                    Hi Guys,
                    Thanks
                    Phil
                    Phil, you're going to love that bike! Good luck getting her home safe, especially with today's rain!

Paul
                    Paul
                    1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                    1979 XS1100 Standard
                    1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scootstado2 View Post
                      Nice pic's. Complements to the photo taker. Good eye!
                      Yes Russ I must second that.... Very good catch on the scenery. Some of them I even remembering looking at and saying to myself... I wish I had a photograher behind me.
                      Tom
                      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• No more school jackets and short pants for Phil

Originally posted by blue giant View Post
                        Phil, you're going to love that bike! Good luck getting her home safe, especially with today's rain!

Paul
                        Phil's getting a big boy bike! Next thing you know he'll be wearing long pants too!
                        I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
                          Phil's getting a big boy bike! Next thing you know he'll be wearing long pants too!
                          Now thats funny!!!11
                          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                          1981 LH

Comment

• Alright Phil...Just make sure the exhausts are tight After my ride back from Brattleboro I was wishing for a bigger bike...oh well I may just go modern for my next bike....These old bikes are great for rallies but for the real long hauls in comfort nothing beats a sport-tourer..............
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• These old bikes are great for rallies but for the real long hauls in comfort nothing beats a sport-tourer.......
                              But....but....I HAVE a sport tourer!!

Comment

• Vice President ?

Hi,
                                Home at last just after midhight. HamJam & I had a long day of driving.
                                All went well. Nowhere near Ottawa so just as well we had directions
                                Bike was ready and it still took an hour to load and meet and greet.
                                Burned our way though $180 of gas.
                                Safely delivered to Rick's house in Hamilton for safe keeping.
                                Am i a Vice President now?
                                Maxim Phil
                                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                                X