No announcement yet.

XSEast 2009 - IDEAS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now c'mon. Draggin' this out is fun.....

OK look for poll tomorrow.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Not for nothing

How about the Mohawk Trail? I was figuring a ride on Sat that included that, or a ride on Sunday. Saturday we could all climb Mt. Washington, NH. How about Woodstock, VT?
      The NH/VT border is beautiful and no bugs! A little cool, but nothing a liner in your jacket won't take care of.
      Whatever you all decide is fine with me. I will make it either way if the Witch is willing after her winter slumber.
      Take a vote so we can decide...
      80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
      79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

• Carolyn those points of interest are too far apart for one rally. You mentioned Brattleboro, that is a nice area so that would be the area for the vote. Mohawk Trail is easy to reach from there.
        Marty in NW PA
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

• I know they are too far apart

I live 'round here silly!
          I mentioned all of those last night because when I first said Brattleboro, I meant the general geographic area-NH/VT border. One of the reason's I said Brattleboro specifically is because we could do the Mohawk Trail from there. It would be cool to have that on the riding resume'. Or maybe I just exposed myself for the nerd I am because I think it would be cool.
          Whatever is decided(I haven't checked the poll yet)is great with me. I just want the chance to meet you all, have some laughs, make some memories, and say thank you in person for all the support and help. Location for that day is immaterial! Wherever it is...color me there!
          79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

• OK go vote in the other post and don't pay any attention to the location of Brattleboro, we'll count the votes and figure it out later....

So embarassed.....
            Marty in NW PA
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

• OK

If that's the worst mistake you ever make...count yourself lucky-you've led a charmed life!
              Voted, and I have to say, it took me a minute to decide. Those are all really good places. It should be interesting to see where we wind up.
              79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

• I found NH rather congested when where there in 2002? And I didn't appreciated getting stopped by the cops. WV and W PA always offer great roads with little traffic. However, back in '02, when we broke east from Albany I found southern VT had great roads and not a lot of traffic.

Darrell
                Darrell
                78E
                80G project
                06FJR

Comment

• Re: Not for nothing

Originally posted by CarolynS
                  How about the Mohawk Trail? I was figuring a ride on Sat that included that, or a ride on Sunday. Saturday we could all climb Mt. Washington, NH. How about Woodstock, VT?
                  The NH/VT border is beautiful and no bugs! A little cool, but nothing a liner in your jacket won't take care of.
                  Whatever you all decide is fine with me. I will make it either way if the Witch is willing after her winter slumber.
                  Take a vote so we can decide...
                  Carolyn,

You're assuming our brakes are in tip-top shape for the ride down Mt. Washington. Can't say I'm quite ready to risk my life on that downslope with no guardrails.

Don
                  currently own;
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                  2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

• I can't say anything about the down ward slope of Mt Washington because I haven't gone up it, but I just went down Mt Evans and Pikes Peak and on Pikes peak the traffic is stopped and they check the temp of the brakes. If they are above 400 degree F you have to wait until they cool down.
                    When I pulled up he just said "I don't have to check your brakes. I know bikes have gears"
                    Tom
                    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Mt Washington

Its no big deal you just go downjust leave it in second gear and cruise on down. I have done this 3 times and wanna do it again!

Doug
                      Doug Mitchell
                      82 XJ1100 sold
                      2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                      2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                      1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                      47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

• Mt Washington

I did it in 2006 during Bike Week when they closed the mountain to everyone but bikers.

I did it on my Yamaha Majesty scooter. Made it all the way to the top; a little scary with wind gusts to 50mph.

Really nervous coming down as the scooter has a CVT transmission which means no gears! On the brakes all the way down. They were "singing" and when the signs suggested you pull over to cool down your brakes I did so without hesitation. Never do that again (on the scooter that is).

XS East in 2001 I believe, we did the White Mountains and some of us were at the other side of Mt. Washington at the cogged railroad. I have a ride report on that one on the forum's Ride Reports.
                        Mark Robertson,

'84 XJ1100 - SOLD
                        '79 XS1100 - SOLD n still going strong
                        '07 Bandit 1250S

Comment

• So, any definite plans/location? I would really like to make it out to an East Coast rally, will finally have some vacation time accumulated next year. Last time I was east was 2001 for the Americade rally in upstate NY. (Lake George area.) As soon as the 2009 details get set I would like to know so I can start planning.
                          Jerry Fields
                          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                          '06 Concours
                          My Galleries Page.
                          My Blog Page.
                          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Jerry,

There is a separate thread started for XSEast '09. The thread is here:

The NEW XSEast '09 Thread

Comment

Working...
                            X