XS East 2007, Port Ontario NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS East 2007, Port Ontario NY

Did some checking and found a nice motel about 8 miles from the house.

The Port Lodge Motel link to Port Lodge , seems to have everything we need. They have 41 room, both smoking and non. They also have a section called "The Hill" with a 5 person and 4 person room as well as regualr 2 bed units (bigger than ones in main motels though). Pool probably will not be open on Memorial Day unless it is smoking hot in May. 10% discount off rates for 10 or more rooms, should not be a problem (rate will be the same for 2007).

They have a big back yard with BBQ grills and picnic tables around. Can set up a cover tent or screen tent here if we need to. (No camping though).

Owners are Keith and Nancy and they have a nice restored VW Trike. Across the street is gas, ice cream, food, conveience store, mini-golf, go-kart track. Two buildings up is a resturant that I know the owner of, has a back area for banquets we can use.

Camping will be at Yogi Bears Jelly Stone Park (or in my back yard if you don't mind lots of punkies and skeeters!) or Selkirk Shores State Park is only about 1 mile from the motel and may be better choice if you want to be closer.

Link to Yogi's Park this is less than 3 miles from my house and is on the way to the motel. I haven't checked it out but it looks nice.

Selkirk Shores State Park link to Selkirk Shores

Check these links out if you are interested and let me know what you think.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

I am in

HI gary
    count me in not planing any more misshaps .
    Do you need help if so I can help

XSively
    Bruce
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make 2006. I wanted to but am ( and was ) in the process of buying another house and selling the old one. I will plan on 2007.
      S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
      1-big XS patch
      1-small XS/XJ patch
      1-XS/XJ owners pin.
      1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
      2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
      1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
      1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Tracy & I are in
        Ralph

Comment

You plan it and they will show up!

Bring on the electrics!
          Tom
          2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
          gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

It will be the same weekend. Over Memorial Day?
            78E ... Gone but not forgotten
            2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

Since it is a year away, we can look at other dates if you want. But other times this has ended up on memorial weekend.

So the answer is 'most likely"
              Gary Granger

Comment

port ontario

Hey Gary!

Sounds like a great place! Im sure you know the roads.

Floyd

Comment

Gary,,,,, I'll be there. Give me a yell if I can help out with anything.
                  Dean
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

Rally???

I am getting ready now; new tire, cold weather gear, more & better rain gear, anti fog spray for glasses, goggles etc....

Do I need a passport? Even if the rally is in NY USA, is lunch in another country? Proof of insurance effective in Canada needed? Will one of y'all XSives translate for me when I try conversing with locals??

Wow, I could be on time twice in a row.
                    Brent in GA

PS Thanks to whoever gave the warning to jetmech Marty "Trust me, If you are riding with Brent, you WILL be late". It was justified and motivational.

I will let you know when I am sure I am going, then I will get there when I can.
                    It is a great big beautiful world out there
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Re: Rally???

Originally posted by Brent
                      I am getting ready now; new tire, cold weather gear, more & better rain gear, anti fog spray for glasses, goggles etc....

Do I need a passport? Even if the rally is in NY USA, is lunch in another country? Proof of insurance effective in Canada needed? Will one of y'all XSives translate for me when I try conversing with locals??

Wow, I could be on time twice in a row.
                      Brent in GA

PS Thanks to whoever gave the warning to jetmech Marty "Trust me, If you are riding with Brent, you WILL be late". It was justified and motivational.

I will let you know when I am sure I am going, then I will get there when I can.
                      Warm gear, rain stuff is always a good idea!

I don't think I would try to get 30 bikes across the border for lunch...usually long lines on holiday weekends. Proof of insurance is only needed in Quebec from what I am told.

If someone is late because they rode with you then at least they arrive a better person for the experience....

See you there!!
                      Gary Granger

Comment

US and Canada
                        Invade
                        beautiful

Mexico

New York

For XS1100 rally!
                        Gary Granger

Comment

Yeah! Sally and I are in.
                          Marty in NW PA
                          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                          This IS my happy face.

Comment

XSEast 2007

Hey Gary, with some work that "US & Canada invades" could be the t-shirt theme. Anyway I'm in.

Comment

Re: XSEast 2007

Originally posted by Scootstado2
                              Hey Gary, with some work that "US & Canada invades" could be the t-shirt theme. Anyway I'm in.
                              Russ,

That's the angle I am working...was hoping to get more comments. Maybe even some designs....
                              Gary Granger

Comment

Working...
                              X