No announcement yet.

Lost 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An August ride through that country would be gorgeous and there are plenty of little campgrounds and motels all over the place that we could choose from. Aim for a little later in the month and fall colors will have already started coming out in the northern reaches of the route I have in mind
    XS1100SG "Lucy Ferr" - Build project. Biltwell Tracker bars, octy delete, rerouted breather hose, mini turn signals, bar end mirrors, TC's fuse block, TKAT fork brace. No fairings. No windscreen. No hard bags. More to come...eventually...

Comment

You had me at "best beer" lol
      I've hosted a couple Lost rally's so can offer some suggestions. Pick a date to see interest. Route around 200 miles.
      Hopefully some others will jump in with interest.
      XJ1100 Ruby Red
      XS1100LH "Midnight"
      1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Hahahaha Yea, our beer is pretty damn delicious and you can't get it once you hit a certain distance away from the big lake...watershed laws.

Anyway, 200 miles covers hardly any ground up here. It would have to be 400-500(a full weekend's worth of riding) to really see the area.

Here's the route I have so far...I got limited on stops(Thanks, Google!). Coming straight back to Duluth from Grand Rapids on Hwy 2 is pretty boring...but would put it at 425mi total
        Last edited by NorCoaster; 06-26-2016, 09:47 PM.
        XS1100SG "Lucy Ferr" - Build project. Biltwell Tracker bars, octy delete, rerouted breather hose, mini turn signals, bar end mirrors, TC's fuse block, TKAT fork brace. No fairings. No windscreen. No hard bags. More to come...eventually...

Comment

Any thoughts on dates yet?
          XJ1100 Ruby Red
          XS1100LH "Midnight"
          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

I'm thinking the second or third week of August because, well, I'm moving back to the west coast by the end of August...

Comment

I wouldn't mind going, Haven't been to a rally yet. Looks like a nice ride!
              Keep me posted.
              80 G

Comment

Are there set day[s], where and when yet?

1977 XS11, lost in garage fire! YES, a real 1977-E... WHOA!!! it was fast.

Comment

Alright, alright! Haha Aug 19-21 is the weekend that works best for me. I've got my bike in a rad place called the "Moto Dojo" that's home to a group of about 30 riders and we can use it as our jump off point. It's a collective style place and has every tool you could need to fix your bike(plus lifts) and I'll be a key-carrying member by then so I can get you in any time while you're here...if so needed.

Comment

I think my idea for a 425mi loop around northern MN is the only route fully mapped out right now...

Comment

I'm afraid that one is going to be too far for me to attend.
                      1977 XS11, lost in garage fire! YES, a real 1977-E... WHOA!!! it was fast.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCoaster View Post
                        I think my idea for a 425mi loop around northern MN is the only route fully mapped out right now...
                        That's a bit long for a day ride. Keep 'em around 200 a day. That'll still be about a 10 hour ride with lunch, breaks, and a little sight seeing.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Pretty sure I can make those dates work.
                          Are you splitting the route over two days?
                          Meet Friday evening somewhere in Duluth?
                          Lodging? Rough schedule, any other details
                          for people to plan from?
                          XJ1100 Ruby Red
                          XS1100LH "Midnight"
                          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

though i am probably not attending I will comment anyway - Greg is right - to get in stops and pics and not just riding in a line that 425miles needs to be split up over 2 days with an early stop for lodging, dinner, beers etc.

RIding together is kinda the side benefit - socializing is the reason for the rally and its hard to do on the back of the bike.

Find the worlds largest frying pan or some americana weird stuff to ride between that offers a place to stop and place for pics.

CHeap motel and campground co-located allows those camping to camp and those who want beds to linger nearby at the campfire until time to sleep.

John
                            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/location/mn
                              Haha John your right. No largest frying pans but a number
                              of oddities near the route he picked.
                              XJ1100 Ruby Red
                              XS1100LH "Midnight"
                              1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Norcoaster, I saw the weekend you picked also is the "tall ships in Duluth" weekend.
                                http://tallshipsduluth.com/
                                XJ1100 Ruby Red
                                XS1100LH "Midnight"
                                1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Working...
                                X