Lost 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 2016

OK it's almost 2016 time to plan a Lost rallie! I would like to host one this year. I hosted the first Lost rallie sept of 2007. Lost has been a fun ongoing event. I've missed the past few rallies due to lack of running bikes. Starting point will be Polo Illinois with a nice ride thru savanna to galena. This ride will mimic the first Lost rallie with a few Minor changes. This time I plan on not getting lost (I did say plan). I will be checking into room options and plan on running my smoker for the first night.
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

This posted 8 days ago and no one has posted anything?
    Everyone hibernating?
    1977 XS11, lost in garage fire! YES, a real 1977-E... WHOA!!! it was fast.

Comment

A bit early for working people to plan that far ahead.

I do have some friends in Cullom though.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hibernating or out snowmobiling..

what month ya thinking?

like greg said a bit early to plan so far out..

but still good to start thinking about something in warmer weather.
        1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
        1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Originally posted by exquized1 View Post
          OK it's almost 2016 time to plan a Lost rallie! I would like to host one this year. I hosted the first Lost rallie sept of 2007. Lost has been a fun ongoing event. I've missed the past few rallies due to lack of running bikes. Starting point will be Polo Illinois with a nice ride thru savanna to galena. This ride will mimic the first Lost rallie with a few Minor changes. This time I plan on not getting lost (I did say plan). I will be checking into room options and plan on running my smoker for the first night.
          I have the '77 CB400F Super Sport. That was my zoomer when I was a kid. Pulled-away from Camaros and Mustangs. At the next light, they asked what it was, lol. Still get that on my XS11.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I am newly XSive, and look forward to meeting others. Are these events open to other riders as well? I have a few buddies who would enjoy a good bike ride.
            78E "Wanderlust"
            K&N Air Filter
            Jardine Spaghetti Exhaust
            Raptor ACCT
            Barnett Clutch Plate & Springs
            LED Turn Signals

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Comment

Absolutely! Safe and responsible riders are encouraged to enjoy the ride as-well!
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Fantastic. I'll be watching for updates on our regional rallies.
                78E "Wanderlust"
                K&N Air Filter
                Jardine Spaghetti Exhaust
                Raptor ACCT
                Barnett Clutch Plate & Springs
                LED Turn Signals

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Comment

Here's a few pics from last year on the UP......

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                    I have the '77 CB400F Super Sport. That was my zoomer when I was a kid. Pulled-away from Camaros and Mustangs. At the next light, they asked what it was, lol. Still get that on my XS11.
                    But of course you would never exceed the posted speed limit on that XS would you Ian.
                    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                    '82 XJ1100
                    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I was sorta hoping for a return to the UP. Beautiful up there.
                      Harry

'79 Standard
                      '82 XJ1100
                      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                        But of course you would never exceed the posted speed limit on that XS would you Ian.
                        You either huh Harry? But then, even if you did out run him all he needed to do is follow the smoke from the toasting wiring.

You get that fixed yet?
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

No, everything works fine, just no brake light. LOL, its on my To-Do list. I will finally have a garage starting tomorrow, so once i get moved, will tear into it.
                          Harry

'79 Standard
                          '82 XJ1100
                          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Have you guys ever had the rally along Minnesota's north shore? Could start in Duluth, head up to Grand Marais, swing through Ely and the Boundary Waters, veer north towards Rainy Lake and Lake of the Woods, and finally bomb back to Duluth and finish with some of the best beer in the world...made with Lake Superior's crystal clear water...
                            XS1100SG "Lucy Ferr" - Build project. Biltwell Tracker bars, octy delete, rerouted breather hose, mini turn signals, bar end mirrors, TC's fuse block, TKAT fork brace. No fairings. No windscreen. No hard bags. More to come...eventually...

Comment

Never been a Lost Rally in that area. A few of us did the Circle Tour of Superior counter clockwise ending in Duluth after the Lost Rally in Hayward Wi. We enjoyed the Skyline Parkway and Canal Park. I would be interested in coming back to the area. August? It is a beautiful area.
                              XJ1100 Ruby Red
                              XS1100LH "Midnight"
                              1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Working...
                              X