XSively Lost in Illinios Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home!

Just got home! What an amazing weekend! I don't know how you guys were able to ride home sunday. I was soaked and cold in the first 10 miles. (ya I do you had rain gear). Luck for me my sister has told me I could stay sunday if I needed. I took her up on the offer. So there I was 10 am till 9pm by myself bored out of my mind with no phone or way to get around without getting soaked. Good thing for me she has cable. She got home and we went for supper (Pizza Hut only thing still open) even 24 hour Iop was closed. This morning She said goodbye and went off to work. I cleaned up the house after myself (did a few dishes and 2 loads of laundry also vaccumed) took off for home shortly after lunch and took the long way home. I did the cemetary route taking pics of my bike next to grave stones. Will post more on the rally after I load all my pics.

Stay Safe Ride Hard!

Matt - exquized1
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

Comment

Day 2

Day two starts out with Cool Tom arriving at the super 8 in east peoria about 7am.

We sat in the Lobby chatting and waiting for the gang to round up. We started to talk to a coach of the track team who was staying in town. She agreed to take a picture of us infront of the banner which brent brought.

Here is a few pics of the bikes before the ride. Notice Brent has his under cover.

At 8 am we hit the road with Cool Tom in the lead. We headed down 29 through Pekin to Manito blacktop, than into Manito for breakfast. Here is some photos of Chris's resturant.

After a wonderful meal we went outside to look at Chris and roberts harley. They were on their way to Ride for a Cure ( A yearly ride to help with breast cancer) They said there was 2,000 bikes expected. We got ready to continue the ride to hannibal.

With us of course waiting on Brent ( The Red Other Brand Bike).

We than continued down manito blacktop to havanna and rt 136. Followed 136 over the Illinios river and a few miles to 24 and a long road with only 1 stop in rushville for gas. Made our way to 172 and I pulled over so Steve and I could put on our brain buckets. Comming into Hannibal Steve almost gets ran off the road by some idiot. Hannibal had beutiful weather and a great car show ( 6 blocks long and half of each side street.) Here is a few blurry pics I took.

A storm watch was issued and we desided to high tail it home. Filled up in hannibal and made a run for Astoria which was 89 miles up the road. At the gas station we came across 2 kids 1 with a Xj 650 and the other with a ninja. The ninja must have had dirt bike pipes on it because it sounded like crap. They looked our bikes over then took off. We spet a few more minutes filling upand headed for Toms house. Tom took the lead. Just a few miles up the road we quickly caught up to the kids. The one on the ninja though he would be cool and tryto out run us but there was no way his friend could stay up with him. If I was in front I would have gave him a run for his money. We than went to toms to look at his bikes and to meet his lovely wife. We got back to peoria about 6:30. I handed a few awards out. Nices bike was a tie between Bob and Arlan The prize was a pair of squirt guns so they can duel. Steve got a flashlight for lighting up the ride. Brent got a bicycle horn for tootin his own horn or being the louderst bike. Shortly after that Steve desided to make a run for home before the storm hit.

We desided to walk over to get pizza but brent had to do this first.

Its oil change time.

Had great Pizza and chatted about all kinds of stuff that has happened on rallies. The pizza didn't have beer so bob walked over to the gas station and meet us back to the room where we talked some more

until Brent checked out.

I guess it was time for bed morning was ging to come quickly.
      68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
      79 special (skull bike)
      79 special
      81 650 maxim
      88 Zx 600r (Sold)
      01 Gz 250

Comment

Day 3

Rain Rain and more Rain. Brent woke me up about 5:30 said he was fixing to head out so I went down and had breakfast with him. He finnally left for home around 7:30. Bob and Arlan and myself pulled out about 9:30. They suited up in full rain gear. I put on my chicken suit and ran to my sisters house.
        68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
        79 special (skull bike)
        79 special
        81 650 maxim
        88 Zx 600r (Sold)
        01 Gz 250

Comment

Today

Here are some pictures of my ride home.

Oh and of course I got lost!

68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
          79 special (skull bike)
          79 special
          81 650 maxim
          88 Zx 600r (Sold)
          01 Gz 250

Comment

My photos

Packed and ready to roll

XSive group of bikes

Arrival in Hannibal, what should we do now?

The car show

Brent needs cheese curds, but we're not in Wisconsin are we?

Brent found cheese curds

We had planned to eat here....guess not....high water got here first

On the way back from Hannibal some realized it was Mother's Day so went to find flowers

Stopped at Tom's place to check his "works in progress"

One more look before we go
            XJ1100 Ruby Red
            XS1100LH "Midnight"
            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

photo links

24 photos per link

http://www.photoshow.net/view/IdtfFwFuh

http://www.photoshow.net/view/mofiulFuh

http://www.photoshow.net/view/pivCyOFuh

http://www.photoshow.net/view/XXEFQNFwh
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
              X