XSively Lost in Illinios Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exquized1
    Just got back form custom monogram with a better figure and a look at the artwork. They took my pic and did a few changes. First the bike is red but has black tires they moved the lost in intothe map outline and pushed the Illinios out. but it still looks great. Cost is a little more due to art work!

$13 for S-XL
    $14 for 2XL-3XL
    $15 for 4XL-5XL

Brent I guessed you at a Xl so it is 2.50 more for long sleeve that would make it 15.50 for you. anyone else that wants a long sleeve thats bigger than xl I will have to check on the money difference.
    Thanks, I will pick up at rally.
    Brent
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Re: Re: Well I was going to go....

Originally posted by Brent

Hope you are recovering OK Dan. No Surgery for me, but a friend of mine had it about 6 weeks ago. He is riding now.

First few days he did not want to know he had a shoulder. Meds helped with that.

After a week or two - hurt all the time.

Doc told him he could drive as soon as he could lift his arm up to the steering wheel. He figured riding was the same. He used his good arm to lift his sore arm and rest his hand on hand grip. Not what doc had in mind, but he is riding and grinning.

Get well soon
      Thanks Brent. That gives me some hope.
      The bad thing is: It's my throttle side, and I am a righty to boot.
      I will use it for physical therapy.

Had my bike stored at a buddys house. Went over to wake it up yesterday so he can bring it to my house today.
      He was asking if he should hook up the charger to it, I told him to not touch it! I go over there, check the oil plug for gas smell, good to go.
      Prime for a minute, key on, neutral light, pull the E lever, and hit the button. Silly thing spun up just like it was never stored. Good Girl!
      Now, I am not an HD basher but........
      His girlfriend's '05 Sportster was next to the XS.
      CRANK CRANK CRANK CRank craaankk craaaaaannnnk cccccccc.
      I found it a little bit amusing.
      XS1100SF
      XS1100F

Comment

Today has been a great day! I arrived in peoria around 10 am and shortly found Cool Tom who had rode in from canton Il. I was hungry and desided to go to McDonalds for breakfast. On the way I was kinda changing my mind until I looked into the parking lot and seen a cool Xj and this guy on the phone with the Xs eleven on the back of his jacket. It was tom and he was trying to call me to meet him there. After a quick breakfast we headed out. First we went to the super 8 and started to look around for the closest resturaunt. Than I asked him if he could show me some cool backroads. We drove down Manito blacktop from Pekin to Havana. On the way we stopped by his daughters resturaunt. It is a nice breakfast place quiet and homie! LOL the place was called "Just like Home". We than headed to havana where I had the pleasure meeting his son who also rides an xj 1100. Next we headed to Canton and to toms house where he showed me his prize collections of Xs 1100s. I could only wish to someday have a collection half as nice as his. We then took a trip to subway in canton and I headed back to peoria. I had a little problem getting back to my sisters. First I lost power full throttle could only get up to 55. Pulled into a lot and the bike quit running. Tried to get it restarted got a big backfire and was off and running like nothing was wrong. Six more miles up the road my speedo cable must have broke. gadge don't work and trip also don't work. The funny thing about that is tom was talking about his speedo was jumping and he would have to fix it and mine broke. Thaks tom! it was a great day will be heading back home in the morning!
        68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
        76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
        79 special (skull bike)
        79 special (parts bike w/title)
        79 special
        80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
        81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
        81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
        80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
        81 650 maxim
        81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
        88 Zx 600r (Sold)
        01 Gz 250

Comment

T- shirt count

You still have time will not place the t-shirt order until may 1st.

Cost 13 s - xl
          14 2x- 3x
          15 4x-5x

shirts I have down

Me - 3
          Chip - 2
          Brent - 1
          Bob - 1

If I forgot anyone please remind me!
          68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
          79 special (skull bike)
          79 special
          81 650 maxim
          88 Zx 600r (Sold)
          01 Gz 250

Comment

Room is booked.

Bob
            #1 ’79 XS11 Special
            #2 ’79 XS11 Special
            '97 V-Max
            '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Bob

Glad to see you will be there! Are you and brent shareing a room again? He just told me he was comming and bringing the banner!
              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
              79 special (skull bike)
              79 special
              81 650 maxim
              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
              01 Gz 250

Comment

I just spent anouther wonerful weekend in Peoria. I would like to thank Cool Tom for showing me some different roads and taking me to his daughters resturaunt last weekend. this past weekend I went to "Just like home" to have breakfast with my sister. The food was awsome. I got the country breakfast (2eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and biskuit and gravy). I kid you not it was the best breakfast I have had in a long time. The biskuit and gravy was to die for. It was a good thing my sister only got a short stack of pancakes. they were the size of the plate. There was no way she could finish them all.

As far as the rallie goes. I have gone over the route twice now and 98% sure there is no way to get lost. the other 2% is in downtown peoria. that is a jumble of concreate overpasses and offramps. I am sure I will get that fine tunes in the next 2 weeks

shirts I have down

Me - 3
                Chip - 2
                Brent - 1
                Bob - 1
                Tom - 2

Any other? Going on the 25th ot place the order to give custom monogram enough time to have them done by the 7th.
                68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                79 special (skull bike)
                79 special
                81 650 maxim
                88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                01 Gz 250

Comment

As far as the rallie goes. I have gone over the route twice now and 98% sure there is no way to get lost. the other 2% is in downtown peoria. that is a jumble of concreate overpasses and offramps.

"you can't miss it"...
                  If we gass up before ramps etc, and go straight out of town we we will surley come to a scenic country area for a rest/visit/where are we?HERE!/map check, Even if we have GPS in the group, it should be ignored untill the fun of such a stop has been enjoyed. I have seen XSives do this.

Adventure, Challenge, pleasant surprises, great folks, bikes & riding, And add in a little "lost or Scenic /alternate route. " and it is a rally.

Lost??? I am always "here" . Some times I do not know where I am going. I generally know where I would like to arrive at or return to, but am happy where i am.
                  Brent in GA
                  Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Hometown Boy

Originally posted by exquized1
                    [...] Hannibal was a fun ride down and a really nice town. Went to the Mark twain dinner. (which was highly recomended) Food sucked the service sucked and for 3 of up it was 43 dollars. the only good thing was the homemade rootbeer. [...]
                    Matt - exquized1
                    Hey, that's my home town! I wish I was up to riding there with you guys. I still need to build up my road endurance.

As far as the Mark Twain dinner... yes, the root beer is the best thing there. The rest of it, I don't know anymore. I was there for the first time in probably 20 years last year. It was OK, but then I just had a plate sized tenderloin. Its hard to ruin those.

If you want a better place to eat, try TJ's Supper Club. Its a local place and Gaila, the owner, is really nice.

http://www.discoverourtown.com/MO/local-42514.html

Take note that you have to get off of rt 36 (also known as I72 there) at rt 61 (south). Then take the first turn west onto West Ely road. Turn north on Munger Lane. TJ's is on the left just after you cross under 36.

I eat there just about every time I get back to visit family.

Eric
                    Eric Roellig
                    1980 SG w Windjammer V & KG hard bags
                    **Very first bike**
                    Current condition: Running!!! Lead, follow or get the #^%# out of my way!!!!!!

Comment

eroellig

Thanks for the input. Really wished you could make it would be nice to see more of the town than just the main drag. I was thinking bubba's down on the river. Plenty of parking prices sounded reasonable. I know most of the riders are looking for budget minded meals. Any other Ideals or recomondations please feel free to contact me. I am looking forward to the carshow.

thanks again
                      Matt- exquized1
                      68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                      79 special (skull bike)
                      79 special
                      81 650 maxim
                      88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                      01 Gz 250

Comment

Happy Anniversary

Hi Matt.

I recon you had a VERY happy anniversary. The earth shook all the way down to Atlanta.

CU soon
                        Brent
                        Brent in GA

Comment

Shirts

one last call for t-shirts.

I will be placing the order for t-shirts this friday after work. I will check here before I leave work. I have 9 shirts to order as of now! I will be picking up 3 extra to make a dozen unless someone wants a first production run XS-Sevely lost in Illinios t-shirt.
                          68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                          79 special (skull bike)
                          79 special
                          81 650 maxim
                          88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                          01 Gz 250

Comment

Ok, I want to get LOST in Ill. too!! Maps optional??

I sent Mat a PM for details but haven't heard back yet. It looks like you meet Friday..but when. I estimate I have about a 7-8 hr ride to Peoria.
                            Is it the usual, meet and greet Friday, Hannibal Saturday, Sunday???
                            Schedule details please anyone?
                            Bob, Brent will be good to see ya again.

Arlan
                            XJ1100 Ruby Red
                            XS1100LH "Midnight"
                            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Sorry was without internet last night! sent a pm hope I got it to you in time. I forgot to ask if you want a shirt! I am about 2 hours north of peoria but shold bein town by 6 will meet everyone at the super 8. I have my bike in peices again will have it bak together by friday with new tire and a working speedo.
                              68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
                              79 special (skull bike)
                              79 special
                              81 650 maxim
                              88 Zx 600r (Sold)
                              01 Gz 250

Comment

Room is booked. 1- shirt XL
                                XJ1100 Ruby Red
                                XS1100LH "Midnight"
                                1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Working...
                                X