Fork Brace and other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ranger_xs1100 View Post

Good to see you posting again Motoman, Welcome back.
    Ditto on that. Based on the information he provided I would assume that the fork question that started this thread will not fit the standard. That is if the sport and specials share the same diameter forks. Brant, do you know anything about the sports that were released in Europe? I know that particular fork brace is the correct diameter for a special, it just does not clear the fender.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post

Ditto on that. Based on the information he provided I would assume that the fork question that started this thread will not fit the standard. That is if the sport and specials share the same diameter forks. Brant, do you know anything about the sports that were released in Europe? I know that particular fork brace is the correct diameter for a special, it just does not clear the fender.
      The Sport has a leading axle. I had hoped it would be the same as the Special. What keeps the Tarozzi Sport brace from fitting a Special?
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

The Sport has a leading axle. I had hoped it would be the same as the Special. What keeps the Tarozzi Sport brace from fitting a Special?
        When you install it as it comes from them it sits too low and actually gouges the fender. I had to grind it down to clear. It fits the tube diameter perfectly.
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

cajun31, if I remember correctly the Sport and Special used the same fork assembly.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            cajun31, if I remember correctly the Sport and Special used the same fork assembly.
            Good to see you back again!
            XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
            MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
            Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
            Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
            Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
            Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Working...
            X