No announcement yet.

First bike. 79 xs1100 special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question guys and sorry if I’m asking something I’m sure been posted.. As I wait for the petcocks to come I have some single line petcocks on hand and just wanna use those for now. What do I have to do to do this. I notice there’s a valve I think it’s called octopus valve.. can you give me some wisdom master Yodas!?

Also battery came yesterday and when I got off work at 3 am I put it I. And cranked the engine and it sounds good! Now I’m just wanting to deal with this fuel issue and see if this baby fires up!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith805 View Post
      Quick question guys and sorry if I’m asking something I’m sure been posted.. As I wait for the petcocks to come I have some single line petcocks on hand and just wanna use those for now. What do I have to do to do this. I notice there’s a valve I think it’s called octopus valve.. can you give me some wisdom master Yodas!?

Also battery came yesterday and when I got off work at 3 am I put it I. And cranked the engine and it sounds good! Now I’m just wanting to deal with this fuel issue and see if this baby fires up!
      Were your original petcocks unusable? When you post a question about aftermarket parts it would be good to post a picture. Then everyone can see what you are dealing with and can offer advice. If you still have the original petcocks and OCTY I would suggest rebuilding them. Grab this kit and just replace the large o rings that seal the petcocks against the tank. The orings included in the kit a slightly too small in diameter to create a good seal. Ace hardware has orings that you can match against what come with the kit. Just get the same dimension ring with a bit larger diameter and you are all set. The diaphragm in the kit goes in the OCTY. The kit I generally buy and th seller is reputable and stands behind his products. Petcock Rebuild Kit Special XS1100SG XS1100LH XS1100SH 18-5100V | eBay
      Last edited by cajun31; 05-18-2023, 09:07 PM.
      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
      Jim

Comment

Thank you Cajun. Yeah I ran out of time since I have to now move back to NC to start my new contract in Virgina here this week. I just wanted to get the tank on really quick and when I get settled in I’m going to put original petcocks on and o rings and what not in both petcocks and Octy. But here’s a couple vids I posted on you tube.. I’ll be back posting as soo. As I get it back to my huge work shop there in gorgeous Shelby North Carolina

https://youtube.com/@bryankeith7018

Comment

Originally posted by Keith805 View Post
          Thank you Cajun. Yeah I ran out of time since I have to now move back to NC to start my new contract in Virgina here this week. I just wanted to get the tank on really quick and when I get settled in I’m going to put original petcocks on and o rings and what not in both petcocks and Octy. But here’s a couple vids I posted on you tube.. I’ll be back posting as soo. As I get it back to my huge work shop there in gorgeous Shelby North Carolina

https://youtube.com/@bryankeith7018
          Awesome. You are now at the point of how much more money you want to spend to get it where you want it.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X