Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the saga continues !!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Is the bike a '79, I can't remember. Looks like it from the side cover, as the seat is too close. That may be the angle of the picture, but you should be able to easily pull the side cover with the seat on. I put an '80 seat on my '79, but I had to modify the pan so it would fit.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
      Is the bike a '79, I can't remember. Looks like it from the side cover, as the seat is too close. That may be the angle of the picture, but you should be able to easily pull the side cover with the seat on. I put an '80 seat on my '79, but I had to modify the pan so it would fit.
      yep its a 79, ive got the cover of to have a go at repairing the rip !!!!!!!!!! and while its off im thinking of trimming the edge of the pan to follow the edge of the side panel

      Comment


      • #18
        Click image for larger version

Name:	L-side_r.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	870975 Before new cover. Click image for larger version

Name:	CovidPaint2r.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	870976 After new cover and padding.
        It's easy to do, but you will need to make up something for the pointy tabs that hold the seat cover on. I used my TIG to weld on a few I cut from sheet stock, or you could use a punch to create new points.
        Last edited by DiverRay; 10-27-2022, 01:51 PM.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

        Comment


        • #19
          seat base trimmed to follow the side panels, did a bit of a repair on the seat cover for now, fare from perfect but it'll have to do

          Comment


          • #20
            progress so far, still need to paint the front wheel. tank and side panels will be getting done in the next few weeks (hopefully)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Tonyxs11 View Post
              seat base trimmed to follow the side panels, did a bit of a repair on the seat cover for now, fare from perfect but it'll have to do

              That seat trim work looks great! Nice job.
              Bob's Bikes:
              LG, Military theme.
              LH, With XJ maxim tank.
              SF, Current Project.

              Bob's websites:
              https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
              https://rucksackgrunt.com

              Bob's Books:
              "
              Project XS11" (Published here.)
              "Rucksack Grunt" (Published here.)

              ...

              Comment


              • #22
                thanks ranger, shame about the rip on the other side though

                Comment


                • #23
                  finally had my first ride on it today, still needs work but its getting their the front brake is gona take a bit of getting used too !!!! its not in the same league as the 4 pots on my GSX1100
                  Last edited by Tonyxs11; 11-19-2022, 09:25 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    pulled the left cover off today and found a broken wire on the vacuum advance !!! soldered it back together for now (will replace all the wires at some point) but the weather has let me down again so can't road test it

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yeah, this time of year in the UK CAN be cold and wet! I spent a week at the R.A.L. for work in November a few years back. Daytime high was the overnight low at my house in the San Francisco bay area.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                        Yeah, this time of year in the UK CAN be cold and wet! I spent a week at the R.A.L. for work in November a few years back. Daytime high was the overnight low at my house in the San Francisco bay area.
                        yep definitely not biking weather when I was younger it didn't bother me but now I'm almost 60 ive become a fair weather biker

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X