X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

The bolt holding the muffler to the bracket has a locknut on the backside allowing it to be tightened but not snugged, so that the muffler can pivot a bit there.

Comment

Comment

Had the exhaust Cerakoted inside and out. Color is hi-temp titanium.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Had an issue with that tail light assembly I used. Before the lens screws would tighten the lens into the gasket the screws bottomed out in their threaded inserts and one of them broke before I figured out what was going on.
                    Ended up drilling through and threading the entire housing for the lens screws, ran big washers on the backside to cover the existing holes and acorn nuts to cap it off.

Comment

Lots of minor electrical issues, but it all came together perfect. Was fun rerouting stuff to fit the side panels I built.

Comment

Got it fired, carbs synced, first ride. Then lots of tuning. It's tricky, but luckily you can get all the bowls on and off while on the bike.
                        Had a loooot of time trying to dial the ignition timing in, particularly the bouncing advance at idle. Ended up tuning the vacuum line with different size pilot jets til I got a smooth idle and good response.

Comment

Comment

Still a couple tweaks to make, but it's got about 500 miles on it now, should be pretty much broken in.
                            Bike pulls very hard and handles pretty good for a big pig. Brakes feel perfect.

It was a lot of figuring out and work, but Im happy with how it turned out. This forum helped a TON along with a few of the members here.

Comment

Originally posted by Charka120 View Post
                              Been making lots of progress, but I'm terrible at remembering to take photos.
                              I think you're cured

That's really nice work.

Congratulation on completing this big project successfully.

-Mike
                              _________
                              '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                              '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                              '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                              '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                              '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                              '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                              '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Nice work! Congratulations on its completion. I envy your skill at this.

Are you running stock ignition? I am curious about the effort in using the GPZ carburetors. Stock spigots?

Your front springs are straight rate? Did RaceTech help you with the tune?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221211_101342.png
Views:	110
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	871480

You did a fine job of making this big bike look compact and sporty. I like it. If I may be critical, the one feature I don't appreciate is the stock clock assembly. It's too big and catches my eye. I think a small instrument would enhance the bike. Maybe lower the headlight as well. Once again, nice job. I think your execution of this project was outstanding.
                                Marty (in Mississippi)
                                XS1100SG
                                XS650SK
                                XS650SH
                                XS650G
                                XS6502F
                                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                                X