Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more pics
    Attached Files
    80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Internal flange orbital welded.

—-Bax
      Attached Files

Comment

Finally able to come up for air..... Been a very demanding Spring - Fall at work, semiconductor manufacturing in chip shortage times and issues with the M8 engine in the FXLR sorta shutdown the progress on the XS. Made some changes to the garage during the warmer weather.....it's more like the XS21 work shop now, heated with wood pellets......... The bike is on the lift center stage and the EFI build project rolling along again. I had to take the fuel pump tank cap I was making out of the scroll chuck for another turning job so that'll be getting dialed in the lathe tomorrow.

---Bax

Comment

The 4 jaw chuck is soooo much easier for resetting work pieces but I got both surfaces back within 0.0005" on the scroll chuck, lots of little taps. Good enough..... Fuel pump tank cover will appear soon.

---Bax
          Attached Files

Comment

Just a brief update for the lack of progress since last post. Made it through the holidays and then came down with the COVID, + on 01/02/2022, Happy New Year right. Ughhh, I'll never forget this experience, fully vax'd even. Hopefully, I've turned the corner, still feeling ill and getting short of breath though. It took two years but finally caught up with us.......

---Bax

Comment

Hope you kick it soon! I know more that have it right now than any time up to this point. Weird how I can affect certain people so different than others.
              1979 XS1100 Special
              1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
              1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
              1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Bax View Post
                Just a brief update for the lack of progress since last post. Made it through the holidays and then came down with the COVID, + on 01/02/2022, Happy New Year right. Ughhh, I'll never forget this experience, fully vax'd even. Hopefully, I've turned the corner, still feeling ill and getting short of breath though. It took two years but finally caught up with us.......

---Bax
                Brother.... praying for you and yours.. If you have been vaxed then I would think you will overcome.
                2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                81 LH
                02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                Jim

Comment

So I guess that means if Bax got the vax, we can all relax, that's the facts.
                  1981 Midnight Special
                  Formerly had a Seca 550 and boy was it fast!!

Comment

Winter(s) project.... Guess I should have been more specific with which Winter...... Just shuffled the garage around and the bike on the lift is accessible once again. Got a few small projects to make for my wife and then it'll be back on the XS.

----Bax

Comment

Looking forward to following your progress.
                      2H7 (79)
                      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                      X