No announcement yet.

XS11 Master Cylinder Reservoir replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for looking up the P/N's Randy. Maybe that can help smooth over some ruffled feathers.

Comment

It's a tough world, can't please everybody!

But, I think rover and I have come to an understanding. No hard feelings, rover.

Comment

Reservoir kits just showed up. I'll be shipping in a day or two.

Comment

I'll take one, how much?? what do i do next??
          SETH MILLER

Comment

just read the rest of the thread...never mind
            SETH MILLER

Comment

Seth,

A few guys bought more than one. If you plead, maybe they'll sell you one of their spares.

Comment

master cyl. res.

If anyone bought one of the master cylinder resevoir that they don't need I will buy it. I need one bad.
                SETH MILLER

Comment

Guys,

The reservoirs shipped today.

Comment

Thanks Randy

You da' man!

Comment

Thanks Randy!! Sorry threre weren't enough to go around! Too bad the guy won't reconsider making another batch of them.
                      Don
                      99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Oh,

The guy would love to make more, but the tooling is gone.

Comment

it would be really interesting to find out what happen to the tooling or who may have it now! There may be another contact floating around who could fill the needs of our fellow xs'ers who weren't able to get in on one this go around. Maybe you could pick the guys skull and find us a new lead Randy! You already have done an awesome job of locating this guy! Let's hope the trail doesn't end here! Any way, Thanks for all you've done for us Randy! I am positive that Blue Bear is going to look a whole lot better with the old yellow resivoir gone!
                          1980SG "NORTH STAR"
                          1980SG "BLUE BEAR""PRESENTLY DISMANTLED"
                          WANTIN' FOR THE ROAD
                          CUZ THE DIRT CAN HURT!

Comment

Y'all are welcome.

Actually, this was a group effort. Without everyone pitching in, I never could have placed the order. I only stumbled upon this guy. I have a habit of doing searches for all kinds of wierd stuff, and this was found by doing a search for XS750 parts. As many of you may know, the same M/C was used on the XS500, 750, 850 and 1100. On some of them, though they used a short reservoir for single caliper systems.

This project is not over. My next phase is to find a mfg that will reproduce it for a reasonable price.

Comment

Hi Randy,

Is this guy still have "small reservoirs" for the single caliper MC ?
                              This could make lot of people happy, cause this small one also fit the XS 11's MC; the only problem is you should watch a bit more carefully the fluid level. As the brake pad wear out, you could be short with fluid a little earlier, otherwise it works fine.
                              XS 250, 360, 400, 650, owners should be interested too... ...but this is "off topic"
                              XS 1.1 '83 German model
                              XS 1100 '81
                              XS 750 77 Work in progress.
                              XS 500 76 Restored
                              XS 250 77
                              XS 360 to be restored...
                              TX 750 '73
                              GTS 1000
                              FJR 1300 (daily use)

Comment

resevoir

Got them Randy,, screw driver in hand it's off I go!!!! ThanXS again Randy!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X