Comment

Id take one and a rear if he had it.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Hi,

I've just received my 5 reservoirs this morning: long way from US to Europe !
        I know there were not enough pieces to make everybody happy
        So I'll be glad to resell one if somebody need.
        Contact me.

Patrick
        XS 1.1 '83 German model
        XS 1100 '81
        XS 750 77 Work in progress.
        XS 500 76 Restored
        XS 250 77
        XS 360 to be restored...
        TX 750 '73
        GTS 1000
        FJR 1300 (daily use)

Comment

Hi XS1100yam,

I missed the rush for the reservoirs. I could use one, so if you still have one available please let me know, as well as how much.
          The BIG 3.
          '78 Yamaha XS 1100 E (one standard / one modified)
          '92 Suzuki GSXR 1100 N
          '06 Suzuki GSF 1200 S Bandit

Comment

Evileric,

This thread has been inactive for a while, so you might want to send xs1100yam a private message. Good luck.

Comment

If they're not all spoken for, I'll take two of them.

Comment

Brake Resevoir

Put me down for four as I am opening a shop in Jeff. (Vermont) and will want some...Thanks!
                Christopher. "The Gimp"

Comment

I'll take one, if anyone has one for sale, email me please.
                  The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Comment

Michael, The reserviors will not fit on a Special, Midnight or otherwise. I bought one for my 80SG, but Ken Talbot had discovered that there was a big difference in the master cylinders between the Standard and a Special. I had to sell the one I bought. Look back in this thread and you will see his post and the pics he posted. You'll see the difference.

Comment

• Thanks John. Saved me a hassle. Man I can't believe how nice that midnight is. Now I just need to do the cosmetics (once I see if it starts up tomorrow morning!). That is one SWEET bike. I never rode a bike like that. And once I can figure out how to clean up the cooling fins and some other chipped paint, it should be ready to display. I can't thank you enough for the pipes and all your other help. So thanks again John. I'll post once I figure out how to paint the fins and get that done-
                      Mike
                      The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Comment

• Guys & Gals,

Just saw one of my brake reserviors on e-bay. Grab it if you can 'cause they're gone!

Item# 8057315802

Comment

• If the price on Ebay gets out of control, I've still got a few of these units available.

I bought the last of Randy's stock at the time, and will still sell them for the same US$39 that Randy initially offered. I'll ship them airmail anywhere in the world for that price, but remember that they will only fit the reservoir on a Standard, not a Special.

PM me if interested....
                          Ken Talbot

Comment

• XS11 Master Cylinder Reservoir replacement

I need front and back, so count me in. Also need advise on cleaning. The vent on the front keeps plugging and locking up my brakes when the sun shine on them.
                            RickMc
                            <ricks.mailbox@charter.net>
                            1978 XS1100E

Comment

• look at the date of this post...I'm sure it's not current anymore
                              Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

• Originally posted by rickmc2000 View Post
                                I need front and back, so count me in. Also need advise on cleaning. The vent on the front keeps plugging and locking up my brakes when the sun shine on them.
                                Uhh, this post is over 5 years old... those are all long gone. Your best bet at this point is to try sanding the 'dead' plastic off until the majority of the 'checking' is gone, then put some clear over it. Won't look new, but they will look better.

The 'locking' problem is no doubt a plugged 'spooge hole', you'll need to fully disassemble the M/C and clean it out. There's a how-to in the tech section.
                                Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                                '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                                '82 XJ rebuild project
                                '80SG restified, red SOLD
                                '79F parts...
                                '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                                '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                                '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                                '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                                Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                                Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Working...
                                X