No announcement yet.

Who owns the fastest XS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was up to, well 120 or so the other night. I've got a 120 watt headlight, so my viewing distance was still OK. Regarding the noise and stuff: The (Millennium) Falcon is without a doubt junk, hence the nickname. It feels a little squirrelly at speed, so fork rebuilding and a brace are on the "to do" list.
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

• I have an SG with a four into one pipe and GSXR carbs; it has done a serious amount of dyno time. The tach reads pretty much the same as the one in the dyno cell, but I had fitted a 100mph speedo from a smaller XS, 'cos it was better than the "federal" 85mph one (I have now found and fitted a 160 mph clock!)

The rear wheel has been changed for a european 17" with a 130/90 metzler ME77, and the bike had a twin-lamp copy of a GPZ1100 fairing- now changed for a European "Sport" fairing.

Fastest I have gone on the bike was early on a cool clear spring morning. I was on a long straight section of motorway (like your freeway?) with a sore head after a rally. I decided to stretch it out, and when I looked down the tacho was 500rpm into the red band in top gear (I checked twice that it was in top!)

The poor speedo was pointing to the first line of the "M" in mph- can any of you guys with the calculators tell me what 9000 rpm in top with a 17" tyre means?

AlanB
      If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

• On my E it was 143 MPH. Only did it once. Long straight, slight downhill, slight tailwind. 9000 RPM. (see earlier post)
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlanB
          I have an SG with a four into one pipe and GSXR carbs
          Any other engine mods???
          Can you post your dyno readout???

Too bad your soooo far away, would like to run my XS hot rod with yours I don't have GSXR carbs, but there not OEM either....

mro

Comment

• I think I have a purddy darn fast bike,if I see a historical marker or a small little park to visit I think I could stop and pull in faster than a cicada splating on your glasses:-)
            '80 XS1100 SG
            Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

• Now that's fast!
              Automotive Imbecile.
              Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
              '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
              1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

• Hi MRO,

I don't think there are any internal mods to the motor; Ports look stock and so do the cams, but I don't know the history of the engine, and I have not had the head off. Although the bike is an SG, the motor came out of a European "E". First gear was blown to bits long before I got it, and it smashed the middle box not long after I started using the power.

The bike made a little under seventy horse when we first ran it; it had the SG carbs and the original headers, with the silencers lopped off and short link pipes to "universal" mufflers (straight through!)

Final figures were a peak around 95, but with over 90 for qhite a way. The dyno sheets have been up on the shop wall for years, and are too faded to scan on my kit. The dyno shop is gone, but I am still in contact with the owner; I will see if he still has the info to get me another copy.

They did a lot of '80s bikes with these carbs, (36mm Slingshots) and saw 20/25 bhp in many cases.

AlanB
                If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

• internal mods

Mines got some
                  Originally posted by Doyle
                  1203cc, hi rpm megacycle cams, ported, 36mm flat slides, nitros oxide system(careful when you push the horn button),Falcon balanced crank, Bassani exhaust, etc.
                  I don't have the nitrous and currently have stock cams in it.
                  It does make my stock 80G feel a little on the week side
                  The Koni rears and "something" (Got CRS right now) Engineering front forks make this scooter handle XSalantly for an old scooter.

This weekend fired it up to go for a ride. Two cylinders not firing except backfire.
                  Must not have cleaned the fuel tank as good as I thought.

Next few weeks hope to have it on a dyno. Guy with dyno says he has some experience with XS's and is familiar with my carbs.

mro

Comment

• I have a recorded 10.24s 1/4 mile as my fastest 1/4 mile time but runs consistent mid 10's, the fastest i have on record for my maximum speed test done on a flat track just a little short of 1km is 265kms which ws nicely converted in another thread by crazcnuk as being 165mph......(900 Diversion carb setup and 4-2 exhaust with K&N A/filter and flow master mufflers..) anyone know why i go thru rear tyres like butter???......lol...
                    1982 XS1100R
                    1982 XJ650
                    1983 VT400
                    1990 XVS Shadow
                    1983 Z1100

-I just love the look on their faces when you leave them standing in the dust after they've lined you up on your XS.

Comment

• Hey GCG, how much boost do you run on that turbo?

Comment

• not sure if it's average or good but I ran mine up hard and was gettin 55mph coming out of 2nd gear going into 3rd on a stock 1980 xs1100sg
                        1980 XS11SG
                        Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
                        Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
                        ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

• I would have to say that my PITA is the fastest... in my garage.

The other is pre-running... Literally.
                          Ego Sum Meus Frater Custodis...

Comment

• xs1100 hp

pgg
                            gcg claims his xs1100 has 110hp at the rear wheel so his ebay add states also only an 1100cc motor.no were in the add states its 1/4 mile times but says everything is recoed or new
                            check it out
                            http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tchlink:top:au
                            ps i still have those dvds but lost your addy
                            send me a email
                            cheers
                            jimg

Comment

• I claim nothing....

but should an XSer want to run against my hot rod XS for pinks...
                              can be arranged.
                              no turbo or nos...

mro

Comment

• Hey jimg1au,

not to be mean or anything but if you were selling a bike would you admit that it has been raced? i am happy to tell people if they ask. Just didnt see the need to put it in the advert. The average buyer aint gonna care what the 1/4 mile time is.

Cheers!
                                1982 XS1100R
                                1982 XJ650
                                1983 VT400
                                1990 XVS Shadow
                                1983 Z1100

-I just love the look on their faces when you leave them standing in the dust after they've lined you up on your XS.

Comment

Working...
                                X