No announcement yet.

Who owns the fastest XS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many years ago (when I was in college) I got my 79F up to 145 indicated. It was still pulling, but not nearly as hard as it had been!

I wasn't even intending to do that. I was out at a rest area on the West side of the Rio Grand valley on I-10 by Las Cruces. It was about 2am and right when I pulled onto the entrance ramp to the interstate, a truck went by on the interstate doing about 90.

My initial thought was "I can beat him to the end of the merge ramp!" It turns out I could. Doing about 120. At that point, I figured, what the heck? I'm already going to jail if there is a cop out here, so I might as well open her up and see what she can do!

I do remember crossing the bridge over the river. On the way out, it was thump....... thump....... thump....... On the way back at 145 it was THUMPTHUMPTHUMP!

The bike (naked as can be) was very stable and didn't scare me at all. She ran nice and straight and HARD. I had a VERY large grin plastered on my face when got back to the dorms.
    Last edited by clcorbin; 01-13-2010, 04:15 PM. Reason: clarification
    -- Clint
    1979 XS1100F - bought for $500 in 1989

Comment

• speed freak

hi all!! some days i wind my 80 secial up to 50 miles per hour!! just to get that sh@t eating grin off my face but it can,t be dome. i love this bike and if fast is your game go for it,, just don,t be blinded by my smile when you pass me.. ride safe,, slow mo!
      The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
      moemcnally@hotmail.com
      i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Working...
      X