X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valvoline it is

Marty
    The same Valvoline in stock at my Local Auto Parts store
    Nothing to loose I am going to give it a try also trying to decide if I should order a new oil filter I just put in new and I think at least I should remove the filter and get as much as I can out of the bike.
    We shall see what happens Keep you posted
    Thanks for the help
    82 XJ1100J
    81 Venturer
    Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoaster View Post
      Marty
      The same Valvoline in stock at my Local Auto Parts store
      Nothing to loose I am going to give it a try also trying to decide if I should order a new oil filter I just put in new and I think at least I should remove the filter and get as much as I can out of the bike.
      We shall see what happens Keep you posted
      Thanks for the help
      Filters are available at your favorite auto parts store. Replace it. Wix, Carquest, NAPA, they all have it.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

WHAT IS THE TEMP!!! 20-50 works for the summer, but if your trying to start the bike at 35F, the clutch WILL give you problems. Try a 10-40 for the winter, and go to a 20-50 when it warms up. Just my 0.02.....
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Yes, this is a shameless oil thread. You can't have internal combustion engines without oil...
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I used to have starter clutch problems with my bike when i first started riding it but with more use it got better and better that may be the case with yours.
            '79 XS11SF

Comment

Working...
            X