Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
    Hi Motoman,
    I am reasonably sure the peg mounts are correct for the bike.
    Will have another go at it to morrow. Not a happy biker to day

Phil
    Understand the unhappy! Having a trouble free LD ride, I easily get frustrated with my H and just park it in the corner of the mancave covered. ....which is where its been since last Sept. Giving it last rights won't ever happen, as its still in too nice cond., but the occassionl disgust and ST make it easy to forget about it for awhile.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

BIG Thanks to Tinman905 who came to the rescue to day.
      Upon his arrival he put ONE hand on the left side muffler and it jumped into place. Magic I tell you it was magic.
      Right side proved more difficult in fact he agrees it will need to be cut and re-welded. as he did not have time for that he had brought along a BRAND NEW system which turned out to be a real bear to install but eventually it all went together.
      This leaves Addie back in the " Running on Borrowed Parts " category.
      Pictures at 11
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

BIG Thanks to Tinman905 who came to the rescue to day.
        Upon his arrival he put ONE hand on the left side muffler and it jumped into place. Magic I tell you it was magic.
        Right side proved more difficult in fact he agrees it will need to be cut and re-welded. as he did not have time for that he had brought along a BRAND NEW system which turned out to be a real bear to install but eventually it all went together.
        This leaves Addie back in the " Running on Borrowed Parts " category.
        Pictures at 11
        Phil
        ......waiting for the breaking news report and pics.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I chopped the old exhaust so Phil didn,t try to fix it.

BDF Special
          80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
          Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Pictures of Addie exhaust continuing saga.

As promised some pictures. The top two show the missing and cracked flange of the old exhaust while the last 2 are the Borrowed shiny new exhaust.
            Phil
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Pictures of Addie exhaust continuing saga.

As promised some pictures. The top two show the missing and cracked flange of the old exhaust while the last 2 are the Borrowed shiny new exhaust.
              Phil
              Wow thats gorgeous...I'm envious...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

PHIL, why do I still see bungee cords on those saddlebags?
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                  PHIL, why do I still see bungee cords on those saddlebags?

You're welcome to quit lookin'.
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I should have cropped those pictures
                    Just have been too busy attending rallies and working and installing exhausts
                    Phil
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

To days news; I took Addie for a ride. Seems to be running fine.
                      Still lots to do to get ready for XSSE.
                      Too much to list.
                      Phil
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

BROKEN STUD Advice needed.

Just when you think it is safe to go back in the water...

After what seemed like a good run the other day to night I went to re torque the header nuts and found
                        #3 has a broken stud.
                        What is my best way of getting it out? I have about 3/16" sticking out of the head. limited tools at my disposal and not a lot of upper body strength.
                        So brute force and ignorance is not the solution.
                        shake down ride planned for saturday so I am in a time crunch too.
                        Phil
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

This is the best thing I've found......

http://www.cometsupply.com/mp/IRWIN/pm/IRW394002/r/ga/

A little heat helps too along with this.
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

broken stud

Penetrating oil,
                            Heat up the aluminum around the stud ,it should expand quicker than the stud,
                            Lock a pair of vice grips on it and attempt to remove.(counterclock wise )
                            If met with strong resistance try a light touch clockwise.then back counterclock
                            Worst case scenario,Drill it and use any easy out, Carefully
                            Remember to use the correct drill bit to match easy out diameter

Good luck
                            78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

A pair of pliers, a screwdriver, a hammer, and a pair of vice grips..............

Everything a PO needs to screw up a bike....

OH YEAH.......and a crescent wrench.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

|Hi Greg,
                                That looks interesting. Am I correct to say that the stud will be conventional... righty tighty lefty loosey ?
                                Some penetrating oil and a propane torch to get its attention first?
                                I only have a little piece to work with so want to increase my chances of success.
                                Phil
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                                X