No announcement yet.

Pictures and videos of my fuel injected 1978 XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm....or is it possible that the MS-II daughterboard handles WB?! If so, then I'll be upgrading to that
    1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
    1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
    http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

• I have been down in my shop whittling away on aluminum. I have this idea I have been working on. It makes retro-fitting older bikes with Mikuni carbs a little simpler. It is pretty cool because all the stuff that drives us nuts in these carbs gets thrown out. It becomes a throttle body, TBI style.

DZ
      Vyger, 'F'
      "The Special", 'SF'
      '08 FJR1300

Comment

• It becomes a throttle body, TBI style.
        .. Hah, YOU GO BOY!.. I love it

Comment

• Yeah, like WOW!
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

• One could make some money by retro-fitting, or even just selling replacement throttle bodies for older bikes. I know I would buy a set.
            1979 XS1100 Special (Chrome Queen)

Comment

• Pretty fancy whittlin' there, Denny. I'm guessing you're not just using your Swiss army knife for that...
              Ken Talbot

Comment

• That looks awesome. Any ideas of what you would do for a TPS?

Also, I was reading on the MS fourm that there is a Bosch external fuel pump that can be used tho get that high psi. It said it used more juice, though. Would it be too much for these bikes?
                '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

• I am working on attaching the TPS to the linkage the throttle cable attached to. This would provide the best chance of it working on a wide range of configurations (other bikes). On the XS, it would be in the center of the bank of carbs (throttle bodies).

I would like to find a small motor to adjust the idles speed from the ECU. It would eventually lead to auto-sync'ing.

Power on the XS is going to be something I have to keep an eye on. The fuel pump will have to be selected carefully. This is a typical problem and a lot of older bikes.
                  DZ
                  Vyger, 'F'
                  "The Special", 'SF'
                  '08 FJR1300

Comment

• Hi Denny that looks great. Love that stealth factor.

I run an external fuel pump that originally came of an '88 ford econoline van. It's a high pressure type. I've never had any problems with the alternator keeping a charge on my bike.

I bought the pump new at Autozone with a lifetime warranty. You have to buy the filter that goes in the fuel tank for $5 if you want them to honor the warranty.

A in tank pump would be the best IMHO, it would use up less room on the bike.

The external pump was fairly easy to get working though.

Dan
                    Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Comment

• The problem with the internal GSXR pump that I have now, is that I either have to do major mods to the tank, which I don't really want to do, or make an auxillary tank, now your talking about some serious extra room taken up. HOw much was that pump and how large is it?
                      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

• I am currently planning to go with an aux. tank. I am thinking of removing the toolbox and putting a tank in it's place. Who knows what I will actually end up with.
                        DZ
                        Vyger, 'F'
                        "The Special", 'SF'
                        '08 FJR1300

Comment

• Finally we have a website with instructions on how to convert an XS to Fuel Injection

Ok - Stan, a fellow XS11.com'er has a website together that gives a good overview of what goes into setting up Megasquirt fuel injection on one of our bikes.

Stan intends to upgrade the site as time allows, and he's told me that he'd like to get the bike dynoed some day.

Here's the link: Stan's Site

Everybody enjoy!
                          Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Comment

• Not to revive an old thread or anything, but the big problem for me was always 'where the heck am I going to mount the megasquirt?'. Apparently, there is a much easier answer: MicroSquirt!

http://www.microsquirt.info/
                            1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
                            1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
                            http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Working...
                            X