Stuck Filter Bolt and FD filler plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
    I'm still enjoying that it does feel smoother handling as a road bike, and being that is my riding style, that's the most important thing anyways.
    Ditto. BTW, what is your suggestion for the acronym FD?

As I caught sight of myself on the bike in a garden mirror, I thought Fuddy Duddy
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
      Ditto. BTW, what is your suggestion for the acronym FD?

As I caught sight of myself on the bike in a garden mirror, I thought Fuddy Duddy
      Until you said that Fuddy Duddy was exactly what I was going to say. So I'll go with Fat Daddy.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Perhaps in this case, "Fast driver" would be okay? An old dude once told me, "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than to have to ride a fast bike slowly." It took me a while to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shacknasty View Post
          Perhaps in this case, "Fast driver" would be okay? An old dude once told me, "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than to have to ride a fast bike slowly." It took me a while to figure it out.
          I like that! A horse on the gallop seems incredibly fast but I bet following one on an XS1100 would seem very slow.....
          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Try riding an XS11 behind a farckled out Harley through some of th ebest twisties of the day. Some fellow members could tell you it was not my most humble or cordial moment when I got a long straight stretch to pass on.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
              Try riding an XS11 behind a farckled out Harley through some of th ebest twisties of the day. Some fellow members could tell you it was not my most humble or cordial moment when I got a long straight stretch to pass on.

BTDT..............got the same dirty looks.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                BTDT..............got the same dirty looks.
                Greg, those dirty looks you got were after those Harley guys saw your seat and thought you forgot to wipe....
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights
                Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines
                Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Pure jealousy..........just like you Nate.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    Pure jealousy..........just like you Nate.
                    Oh for sure!
                    Nathan
                    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                    K&N Filter
                    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                    OEM Exhaust
                    ATK Fork Brace
                    LED Dash lights
                    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                    SS Brake Lines
                    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                    X