exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XS1100carbon View Post
    I got my Campbell mx-3 x pipe!! It looks very cool and VERY loud!! Will require side stand and center stand mod. I think it's sool cool i'll just lean the bike on a board or wall if I have to(mods already under construction).Try to get Pics today, more work yet to do to get it running.
    great stuff, i sent them a msg a little while ago and never heard back,
    if u get a chance a vid of the bike running would be great.
    pete

new owner of
    08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
    1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
    zrx carbs
    18mm float height
    145 main jets
    38 pilots
    slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
    fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

exhaust

How do I add pics of this pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100carbon View Post
        How do I add pics of this pipe?
        1. Open a free Photobucket account
        2. Upload your photo(s) from your computer
        3. Click "my home" on Photobucket page
        4. Hover mouse over photo and click IMG code
        5. Paste in your post in a seperate line
        6. Photo will appear in your post
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

exhaust

Campbell X-Pipe MX-3

Comment

nice, that muffler looks like its sitting a bit low tho,
            how are u finding it?
            any difference in performance?
            pete

new owner of
            08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
            1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
            zrx carbs
            18mm float height
            145 main jets
            38 pilots
            slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
            fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

I am guesing he hasn't riden it yet Pete, no carbs and all

Very nice looking! Does it attach near the back of the exhaust as well or only at the head?
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

exhaust

Thanks for the remarks guys.I just wanted somthing different then everyone else and liked the looks of this choice(Choices are slim in the xs world )It was'nt cheap but nothing like across the pond . Pete as far as the ground clearence the bike is on the side stand leaning about 4 to 5 inches in comparison to when the bike is vertical.I did a straight edge test from on the ground center frame rails and it looks like the pipe might rub just prior to the pegs hitting,.Do any of you ever rub the pegs?You really can't tell from the pic but this pipe is very narrow.A couple inches wider then the frame rails.But to tell you the truth as far as riding it only know time will tell.As far as performence, it's never gone faster sitting still (carbs at shop).Natemoen,mounting, I was concerned about that and discussed it with Monty Campbell before purchase.He assured me that this pipe was very light and it only needed mounting in the front .He said he had run one on a big GS for 20 years with no problems.When I got it he was correct it's very small and light, he said I'd be surprized by the small size of the the box and was.That's why I think it might be a bit loud that's alright with me.

Comment

Its not impossible to drag peg on these bikes, I have done it but conditions have to be right in my area... not too many opportunities to do so at a reasonable speed. Guys out in the moutains probably do it on a daily occurrence. They look really nice, just hope they stay off the ground in the corners for ya. Try to get us some sound clips when you get your bike running! We want a walk around and some drivebys!
                  '79 XS11 F
                  Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                  Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                  GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Working...
                  X