Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barberad
    YAHMAN,
    When do you start talking orders for this great item. i'd like to pre-order if possible

YUCS eliminator
    Last edited by barberad; 10-04-2008, 09:43 AM.
    Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
    while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

barberad,
      As soon as I am sure that the final product is going to work as intended without any problems, I'll start taking orders. This thread serves as a list of sorts, first come - first served and I'll send you a PM as soon as I'm to that stage of the process. I do appreciate all of the interest, it's a great motivator.

While this seems like a simple idea, actually producing something that will work, and keeping it at a very affordable price is not as easy as one might think.

shutchis,
      The dimensions have changed slightly, and they are to some extent determined by the type of material being used.

Thanks,
      Larry
      Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
      http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
      82 XJ1100
      80 XS1100G (Project bike)
      64 Yamaha YA-6
      77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
      See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Hmm, thanks for the warning; the dimensions vary...I'll shave a little at a time till it fits and let you know the results. I was thinking of an aluminum bar. But I'll ask my machinist friend. He probably likes working with steel.
        '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
        Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
        '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
        Stan Hutchison

Comment

The dimensions change because of the way the different materials expand when hot. If you are going to make a solid rod, I would suggest steel as I did. I also changed the length a little, so I could put a dampening plug at the end. The ones that I will be selling, will be made from an aluminum alloy though.

Larry

82 XJ1100
          64 Yamaha YA-6
          77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

YICS Eliminator... The Ultimate Tuning Tool

Hey everyone the YICS Eliminator... The Ultimate Tuning Tool is ready for action. I have had mine installed for 2 weeks now and my XJ1100 runs sweet.

For anyone that wants one, there is info on how to order your very own YICS Eliminator at this link.

You can also send me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Thanks,
            Larry

82 XJ1100
            64 Yamaha YA-6
            77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

Originally posted by Yahman View Post
              Hey everyone the YICS Eliminator... The Ultimate Tuning Tool is ready for action. I have had mine installed for 2 weeks now and my XJ1100 runs sweet.

For anyone that wants one, there is info on how to order your very own YICS Eliminator at this link.

You can also send me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Thanks,
              Larry
              I just got mine today..but will wait for Spring to install it and re-sync the carbs.The quality of workmanship is Excellent!First rate all the way.Great job Larry!
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

ok just one ?.....

there are kits that are aftermarket to basically give a carbed bike a yics type system. they claim hp increase and a much smoother transition between jets...

i think it was called flowjet or power jet or something like that.???

basically you tap a hose into the jet in the throat of the carb and they all 4 run to a small distribution type block with a knob on top to adjust. this allows all 4 carbs to be metered with no turbulence and with equal amounts of air....???

also nissan has the vg30de motor. i had one in my 90 300zx.

it has dual throttle bodies. so sorta like 2 carbs. one for each side of the motor, the inner part of the intake runners are seperated 3 go to one side 3 to the other... there is a small .5 " or so balance tube between the two halves at the back of the manifold. again to smooth out the airflow i guess???

the vmax is simialr. above 6k a port opens up between the carbs 1 and 2 and also on 3 and 4 so that while cylinder 1 is in the exhaust stroke cylinder 2 can use it's air and fuel from the tube connecting them. i had though of trying to adapt a v boost type system to the xs. i have the pods so there is no airbox in the way. i can scoot them out some and make the manifolds longer. i think yics might be more than just emmisions. but i don't know i think that if time and money was no option someone could run it on a dyno with and with it plugged to see the truth as far as airfuel ratio and power. the bike could make more power with it plugged but if the fuel curve is not smooth than it might not be as fast. i think smoothing out any problem in the fuel curve would help alot with speed and better operation.

just a thought???
                " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                8mm msd wires
                tkat fork brace...
                Fox shocks...
                mikes650 front fender
                led's gallore...
                renthal bars
                gold valve emulators
                vmax tensioner
                Rifle fairing

Comment

Ben, Thank you for the kind words. I was hoping that someone would install theirs before next spring...

Originally posted by yamahansolo
                  ok just one ?.....

there are kits that are aftermarket to basically give a carbed bike a yics type system. they claim hp increase and a much smoother transition between jets...

i think it was called flowjet or power jet or something like that.???

basically you tap a hose into the jet in the throat of the carb and they all 4 run to a small distribution type block with a knob on top to adjust. this allows all 4 carbs to be metered with no turbulence and with equal amounts of air....???
                  I have experimented with similar systems in the past. They are different than Yamaha's YICS system in that they can be tuned or adjusted. I didn't really notice any difference with that type of system myself. It was because of those experiments however that I was originally a big fan of the YICS system. I came up with the YICS Eliminator tool only because it's impossible to get a true plug reading with the system working. But once I had the system blocked and actually put the engine under some load by riding the bike, I couldn't believe the difference in my Maxim. The bottom end torque was much improved. The transition between on and off the throttle was not as pronounced. Also it appeared that cylinders 2 & 3 were running lean before, they are now just right. I believe that the difference is due to the imbalance between the cylinders compression affecting each ones vacuum. The YICS system is not in balance because of this. Just one more reason to disable the YICS, our older engines often vary a fair amount between cylinders.

also nissan has the vg30de motor. i had one in my 90 300zx.

it has dual throttle bodies. so sorta like 2 carbs. one for each side of the motor, the inner part of the intake runners are seperated 3 go to one side 3 to the other... there is a small .5 " or so balance tube between the two halves at the back of the manifold. again to smooth out the airflow i guess???
                  It is exactly that, it is a "balance tube" and is very necessary to balance vacuum in the engine, unlike like the YICS system.

the vmax is simialr. above 6k a port opens up between the carbs 1 and 2 and also on 3 and 4 so that while cylinder 1 is in the exhaust stroke cylinder 2 can use it's air and fuel from the tube connecting them. i had though of trying to adapt a v boost type system to the xs. i have the pods so there is no airbox in the way. i can scoot them out some and make the manifolds longer. i think yics might be more than just emmisions. but i don't know i think that if time and money was no option someone could run it on a dyno with and with it plugged to see the truth as far as airfuel ratio and power. the bike could make more power with it plugged but if the fuel curve is not smooth than it might not be as fast. i think smoothing out any problem in the fuel curve would help alot with speed and better operation.

just a thought???
                  The Vmax is fuel injected, as was the Nissan and that alone makes it a much different animal. You will note that the system opens up at higher RPMs only, unlike the YICS system. That system however probably has some of its roots in the YICS system.

I have had my YICS Eliminator tool installed for 2 tanks of gas now and these are my results... Yours may vary, I don't know.

1. Much better bottom end, now I can just let the clutch out and it goes. Even with a passenger and a full load in the trunk.

2. Better throttle response and a smoother on / off transition.

3. I have also noticed a 1 mpg increase in my fuel mileage.

I am personally sold on the YICS Eliminator tool, but I am probably a little biased too. That is why I would like to see one of you proud owners of a YICS Eliminator, install the YICS Eliminator tool and experience the difference for yourself. Then share it with the world.

In the future, when funding is available, I plan on doing a comparison test on a dyno. We have a dyno at a shop here in town, but it's not going to fit into the budget for a while.

Larry

82 XJ1100
                  64 Yamaha YA-6
                  77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

ya

How do I get one ?
                    XJ1100K
                    Avon rubber
                    MikesXS black coils
                    Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
                    MikesXS front master
                    Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
                    Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
                    Progressive fork springs
                    CIBIE headlight reflector
                    YICS Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by Yahman View Post
                      Ben, Thank you for the kind words. I was hoping that someone would install theirs before next spring...
                      Larry
                      Larry the main reason I'm not installing it right away is due to the fact that I gonna have the bike completely torn down for a long overdue cosmetic makeover...the engine is coming out of the frame and all the paint and aluminum finishes redone and repainted.This will be the winter project.I have faith that the YICS Eliminator will do as advertised.I also would like people to know that this is a quality product.I have a homemade YICS tool a but this is a professional job all the way.Once this is installed and my carbs are tuned then I will report my findings to everyone.
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by Axel View Post
                        How do I get one ?

Aside from going back the beginning of this thread and reading it, , you can find the info in the Parts For Sale Forum, STICKY thread, at the end!
                        T.C.
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                          Larry the main reason I'm not installing it right away is due to the fact that I gonna have the bike completely torn down for a long overdue cosmetic makeover...the engine is coming out of the frame and all the paint and aluminum finishes redone and repainted.This will be the winter project.I have faith that the YICS Eliminator will do as advertised.I also would like people to know that this is a quality product.I have a homemade YICS tool a but this is a professional job all the way.Once this is installed and my carbs are tuned then I will report my findings to everyone.
                          That sounds like a good winter project. Please take lots of pictures so we can see the progress as it happens.

Larry

82 XJ1100
                          64 Yamaha YA-6
                          77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

not to point out the obvious but i owned an 85 vmax... and it looked like the 4 things i bolted up to it were carbs not throttle bodies...

the new one is fuel injected but the old ones aren't
                            " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                            8mm msd wires
                            tkat fork brace...
                            Fox shocks...
                            mikes650 front fender
                            led's gallore...
                            renthal bars
                            gold valve emulators
                            vmax tensioner
                            Rifle fairing

Comment

Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
                              not to point out the obvious but i owned an 85 vmax... and it looked like the 4 things i bolted up to it were carbs not throttle bodies...

the new one is fuel injected but the old ones aren't
                              You didn't state a year for the Vmax. What you are talking about is the V-boost system. It is a butterfly valve that is placed between the intake runners of two cylinders. The butterfly valves open up at 6000 rpms which in effect gives each cylinder two carbs to use instead of just the one, allowing them to make more power. That system is very different from the YICS system. The V-boost system allows them to put smaller carbs on the engine. That way they get better mileage and better throttle response in the lower rpm's.

The YICS system disrupts the signal to each cylinders respective carb slide diaphragm by allowing some of that vacuum to bleed off to other carbs through the YICS passage. This causes the carb to not respond as well at lower rpms. The YICS system is there because Yamaha needed an emission control system to satisfy the EPA. Then marketing took it for a spin... If the YICS system was really of some benefit, then they would have put it on the bikes that they sold in Europe.

So yamahansolo, why are you busting my b@lls with these questions... Too cold for a ride or what?

Larry

82 XJ1100
                              64 Yamaha YA-6
                              77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

no i rode last night to work... got sprinkled on coming home!!!

no i was just trying to figure out if the yics was "really " any good???

also i know about the v boost system i still have the 85 shop manual i got the bike for a steal all the bits were in boxes and i had to put the whole thing back together. it took too long though!!!

i just thought about trying to make a v boost type system for the xs since i have room to scoot the carbs up some. this would make the zrx carbs unneccisary and i could sell them...

and i thought the flowtech or whatever it was called i forgot sounded like a good idea??? but only if it works... i wasn't trying to bust your kiwi's

79 xs11 standard
                                8mm msd wires
                                tkat fork brace...
                                Fox shocks...
                                mikes650 front fender
                                led's gallore...
                                renthal bars
                                gold valve emulators
                                vmax tensioner
                                Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
                                X