Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm the new guy... and want this bike. Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, we're winding down to the final table. He's agreed to end the auction early for a $100 deposit in his PayPal account and paying the rest in cash. He's said he's willing to work on pickup times since it's not actually me picking the bike up, but my family. After tags, title, and safety course, my tax return will be gone, but I'll have me an 1100!!!

I was quoted an insurance policy through my bank (USAA) that is less than $10/month (at state minimums), as well (already includes the safety course discount)! Can't do much better than that!

I'm getting really excited here! I hope this doesn't fall through for any reason!
    "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

First part of the payment was made today! This is going forward as a done deal! I've got my first bike!
      "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

Hey, if friends or family is making the pick-up, maybe they can ready it for riding...

Originally posted by FSCGunslinger
        First part of the payment was made today! This is going forward as a done deal! I've got my first bike!
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids
          Hey, if friends or family is making the pick-up, maybe they can ready it for riding...

According to the current owner, it's already ready for riding! I'm gonna have my family/friends do some little mods for me when they get time. I might try to swap out the speedometer, re-mount the rear blinkers further aft, and put in saddlebag mounts for some leather bags.

Comment

lol......
            fourth page and he's not even sat on it yet

mro

Comment

my insurance is almost 50 bucks a month... and i cant even ride it right now cuz its winter. :S
              1979 Eleven Special - 26,000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by firecrackerboom
                my insurance is almost 50 bucks a month... and i cant even ride it right now cuz its winter. :S
                Mine is 50 a year. You need to get that re-evaluated.

FSCGunslinger, congrats on your pending purchase. I have no doubt your gonna really enjoy this bike.
                79 XS11 special

Comment

my insurance is almost 50 bucks a month
                  That's higher than my full coverage CAR insurance??
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by mro
                    lol......
                    fourth page and he's not even sat on it yet

mro
                    Haha, well, to be fair, this thread originally started off about a different bike, then switched half-way through.

Auction has ended early and my family is picking it up Wednesday! I got the "ok" from my boss (the BN CSM) to take leave from the end of March to the last 1/2 of April, so hopefully I'll have good weather while I'm home. The motorcycle safety course starts on the Wednesday after I get home and runs through that Sunday (minus Friday), so I get it out of the way immediately. I'm getting my permit from the DMV that Tuesday (need it for the MSF course).

Wooooooooo!

Comment

to be fair

Not knocking anything...just an observation.
                      We be XSive here (well, I be )

Looking forward to seeing some pics and a new addition to channel 11

mro

Comment

Re: to be fair

Originally posted by mro
                        Not knocking anything...just an observation.
                        We be XSive here (well, I be )

Looking forward to seeing some pics and a new addition to channel 11

mro
                        Haha, I took your point. It's all good.

As soon as I can get my family to send me some more detailed pics, I'm going to post them. Of course I'll be getting some of me with the bike when I go home in March, as well.

Comment

I use USAA rocks! I use it too! For the kids now a days, it is hard for them to get it even while they are in.
                          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by 81xsproject
                            I use USAA rocks! I use it too! For the kids now a days, it is hard for them to get it even while they are in.
                            Indeed, I love them. I've had them since I got in about two years ago. Apparently their motorcycle insurance is outsourced through Progressive for WV, but it's still a great deal! Geico quoted me about double that.

Comment

Congratulations Gunslinger!
                              And welcome to the group. You are going to LOVE that bike! Pictures, pictures, pictures and more pictures. The anticipation is killing me, gotta see. I really should not be looking at them this time of year as it gives me terminal cabin fever but I cannot resist. I got a CD from a friend of mine that is a compilation of pictures taken from several rides and rallys during the summer, he sent it to me around the first of December, I spend several minutes looking at them and then go to the window and look outside at the snowdrifts and over at the shed in the yard (the Dragons Kennel) then I go to bed and sleep like a baby, that is to say that I sleep for about two hours and wake up and cry, sleep for another hour- - etc etc.
                              Please remember that what you have purchased is a very tame tiger, that is to say that they start and run easily but they are indeed a tiger and can be more than a handfull if you do not keep that FIRMLY in mind.
                              I do have the original road test article of these machines in pdf format, if you would like to read it PM or email me and I would be happy to send it to you.
                              The Old Tamer
                              1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Well, my family just picked it up today from NJ. For thinking it was a bad decision ("you should buy a car"), my mother says it's an awesome bike and in VERY good condition and that I made a good choice in motorcycles. Zero things wrong with it, but my mom's boyfriend is going to take it for a spin around his neighborhood to see if he notices anything. I'm soooo stoked to go home now! Only about two months to go! Woooooooo! haha

Comment

Working...
                                X