Chop's Final Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 joint

That must be the later style u joint I have heard about. If it is the same length as the xs11's, it might work with the xs750 shaft. But, I will be the first to say from first hand knowledge that the xs750 swingarm is exactly one inch shorter than the xs11's...chop
    MDRNF
    79F.....Not Stock
    80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

The 750 doesn't employ a U-joint (cross-joint as stated by Yamaha). It uses a "ball joint" of sorts.

I'm open to trying anything. But after talking to Chop and after disassembling this thing tonight it is obvious the most straight forward way to do this mod will be to plug the lubrication holes in the base of the drives gear coupling then use a lengthened Eleven shaft.

I know exactl how to modify this thing once I get the Eleven drive off and compare the two. But since Chop has already been through this deal I will likely do what he says.

The only difference bein I will post a "HOW TO" thread with photos fo exactly what I did ... so if any one else wants to XSeed their stock final drive ratio.

Comment

picture

Hey Maxxi, that picture is of an xs750 shaft, that u-joint looks smaller than the xs11's. But I personally wouldn't try using the smaller u-jouint even if it did fit the 750 shaft.
        MDRNF
        79F.....Not Stock
        80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Working...
        X