Anybody Riding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    Yes sir i do know..southern grace and hospitality..something I never got in NJ..that is for sure...and Vinny is the epitome of Southern Grace... early that Sunday a.m. about 7a.m. we rode from his home to Blairsville ..all on 2 laaners in Northen GA...there was absolutely no one else on the roads that morning..I think it was about 12-15 miles
    and the mountain air was so sweet ..just the 2 of us riding in heaven...
    Actually it was 25 miles of Northern GA backroads nirvava...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Early morning tag run..beautiful mid 70's when i was out..going to 87 today..

Last edited by madmax-im; 05-02-2018, 12:49 PM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Nice pics. Ben,we love pics.......and oohh.....nice ride you have there. Add some farkles and make comfortable for YOU! You know the routine.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Good to see you're out and about!
          -- Scott
          _____
          ♬
          2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
          ♬

Comment

Hi Scott..It is already farkled..V-Stream windscreen..delkevic Slip-on muffler..carbon fiber front turn signals..1" bar risers and set of Polish made Heed engine crash guards last but not least one Russell day long Saddle..order in progress...
            Next on the list ...Stebel 139dB dual air horn and heavy duty harness...
            Have Chinese knock off Cree lights for up front
            Need to get and install a set of 3 in 1 Hyperlites LEDs...Running..Brake and Turn signals out back...Thats about all I can think of for now...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              Nice pics. Ben,we love pics.......and oohh.....nice ride you have there. Add some farkles and make comfortable for YOU! You know the routine.
              Thanks Brant...Yep went down that slippery slope quite quickly..us old farts need farkles..LOL
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hi Scott..It is already farkled..

That's one heck of a list -- nice! I'm about farkled out too.

I found out last summer when I almost drowned on I-40 at 10 mph that LEDs don't have the 'punch' to be seen through heavy 8 inches/hour rain. From less than 5 feet away I could barely see the tail lights on the big trucks with LEDs so I'm keeping the incandescent lamps.

Power saving with LEDs isn't feasible. The new Softails have spiffy new (Neodymium?) high-output 42 Amp permanent magnet alternators so it's basically full-fielded 100% of time. You canna' change the laws of physics by varying the strength of permanent magnets so the voltage is controlled by grounding the alternator output current into a stonkin' great heat sink until it surrenders and drops its voltage instead of simply varying the field strength with a copper field winding to match the load. Changing to LEDs won't really do anything except shift the very small lighting load from the wiring harness and lamps to the voltage regulator/rectifier heat sink.

I give up!

I do need a better horn. The horn was not at all what I expected when I had to use it.

-- Scott
                _____
                ♬
                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
                ♬

Comment

Well shoot that sucks to be out in an 8"/hr rain..I dont think I would do that...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Well shoot that sucks to be out in an 8"/hr rain..I dont think I would do that...
                    When I got to the hotel west of Oklahoma City and saw cars and trucks floating down the road on the news, I knew I didn't want to do it.

There's a Cinco de Mayo mystery ride on Saturday at the dealership, then some festive food and stuff when we get back. It should be a fun day, no rain.
                    -- Scott
                    _____
                    ♬
                    ♬

Comment

A major piece of the puzzle was fitted in today...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

She's a beauty, Ben!
                        Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Thanks Randy...
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

That RDL would sure temp a LD ride!
                            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              That RDL would sure temp a LD ride!
                              So long as it is on 2 laners..on the superslabs this fairing offers no real wind/weather protection...LD riding isnt the goal even though it is meant for that..Comfort first and foremost...no matter if its around the country or around the block...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

55 mile shake down

Took a day off to get the "G" ready for XS East and inspected.

Think I drilled too many holes in the discs, the rear is unbearably squeelly and grabs at slow speeds.

screen shot windows 7
                                1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                                1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                                1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                                1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                                1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X