Anybody Riding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Riding?

if Brunch is between breakfast and lunch, well then i guess Brent and I got together this afternoon for Lupper or is is Lunner? Whichever it is we did meet up and had a nice time with good eats. We both rode our bikes.

Marty had stopped by my house earlier today so kind of a double header day for me. Now all we have to do is plan an afternoon ride some day soon. A day when Mike & Kurt can join us too

Hasn't been any ride reports of late. Like since October. A new year. Time to ride. Spring is just around the corner. Did a Photobucket test to see if I could still actually post a photo before giving up. Maneuvered the ads and looks like pic will post but it is sure not fast or user friendly.

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-24-2018, 07:08 PM.
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    if Brunch is between breakfast and lunch, well then i guess Brent and I got together this afternoon for Lupper or is is Lunner? Whichever it is we did meet up and had a nice time with good eats. We both rode our bikes.

Marty had stopped by my house earlier today so kind of a double header day for me. Now all we have to do is plan an afternoon ride some day soon. A day when Mike & Kurt can join us too

Hasn't been any ride reports of late. Like since October. A new year. Time to ride. Spring is just around the corner. Did a Photobucket test to see if I could still actually post a photo before giving up. Maneuvered the ads and looks like pic will post but it is sure not fast or user friendly.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    Good to hear you got out for a ride. Still too damn cold up here.
    Great to see a picture of Brent out on the Red Memorial Harley.
    He looks all bundled up so not that warm for you either.

Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I took my XJ out for a spin just to run some twisties. Good fun!
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Yep, I'm out during the winter when the roads aren't white Jeff. Have had some major roller coaster temps this winter.
        80 SG
        81 SH in parts
        99 ST1100
        91 ST1100

Comment

Yup, we were out last Sat, in the 50's. Same this weekend and we'd be out again except my throttle cable snapped last Sat.

Waiting for Mr. Bikebandit
          Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

With mid 50's temps here, and a coupe inches of white stuff left on lawns from last weeks little storm, still lots of bikes out riding around here as they normally are this time of year. Early Spring riding weather here all winter, as always.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Yes in Detroit!

We had high temps around 50 degrees each day this weekend in Detroit.

I was able to try out my 1984 Honda V65. I have been working on it for 13 months and this was my first time to ride it. I rode 50 miles on Friday and 50 miles on Saturday. It accelerates effortlessly and rides very smooth. It's going to make a great addition to the stable.

Today I rode my XS11SG Bagger about 75 miles. With the big fairing, it was much more comfortable than the naked V65.

I feel very relaxed after that big injection of endorphins this weekend.

Should have 3" of snow by noon tomorrow
              Last edited by Radioguylogs; 01-28-2018, 10:26 PM. Reason: Fix mistake
              -Mike
              _________
              '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
              '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
              '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
              '79 XS750SF 17k miles
              '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
              '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
              '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Got out last sat...it was 70*..still had brine on the roads from the last snow storm...but the past 2 days it has all washed away with the rains we've had..New bike feels great...

Last edited by madmax-im; 01-29-2018, 06:12 PM.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Got out last sat...it was 70*..still had brine on the roads from the last snow storm...but the past 2 days it has all washed away with the rains we've had..New bike feels great...

Hi Ben,
                  That is just terrible Riding in January
                  What the hell are you thinking
                  Totally envious having just shoveled 3 inches of snow off the driveway

You do like red bikes
                  Phil
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

couple of miles around the block

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
                    We had high temps around 50 degrees each day this weekend in Detroit.

I was able to try out my 1984 Honda V65. I have been working on it for 13 months and this was my first time to ride it. I rode 50 miles on Friday and 50 miles on Saturday. It accelerates effortlessly and rides very smooth. It's going to make a great addition to the stable.

Today I rode my XS11SG Bagger about 75 miles. With the big fairing, it was much more comfortable than the naked V65.

I feel very relaxed after that big injection of endorphins this weekend.

Should have 3" of snow by noon tomorrow
                    Rode the BMW r100s around the neighborhood . New steering bearing and tires made it like new.. Big bucks mastercylinder rounded out the winter expenditures.
                    79 1100 SF Carmine Red stock
                    85 Honda v65 Magna
                    70 Yamaha HS1 90cc twin Californian Orange
                    02 Road King (retirement gift)
                    First bike-s 2-1967 Yamaha YM2C Big Bear Scramblers

Comment

No riding going on here. As Phil said, too cold. So cold the salt is ineffective on the road ice.

Nice seeing some bikes are getting out though
                      '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                      '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                      '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

2018 Georgia BBQ Trail

I have all three of my XS11E's in various stages of apart ..............
                        So can't ride any of those when opportunity calls on a nice sunny and warm spring day. That would be Brent.
                        Had to put down the wrenches and ATGATT up. (better get crackin' on wrenching because early spring here)

Warm day and the call of BBQ - good to have an operational spare

Met up with Brent for a ride an some exceptionally great BBQ
                        Seems Brent has same issue I do, deferred maintenance on a few bikes. No 11's today

About a 68 mile ride for me. Tad less for Brent. Sure had a nice time. And a great meal.
                        Happened to see the national weather and noticed a few places didn't have riding weather yet.
                        Its always great to ride. Better to ride with good friends.
                        Hope at least some wrenching is going on in the cold weather zone to be getting ready for 2018 Rides & Rallies.

Jeff
                        Last edited by JeffH; 02-11-2018, 12:22 PM.
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Looked to be a nice day for a ride Jeff. Noticed Brent is missing his traditional ridin' cigar.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hi Jeff.
                            Nice to see you and Brent out for a ride. I shoveled 6 inches of Snow off the driveway so not riding weather here.
                            Phil
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Anybody Riding?

Yesterday was the first "nice" day we have had around here since I don't know when. In an act of desperation I hopped on the first bike I came to when the door went up. Man it sure felt good to be back in the saddle again. Not an XS, but a German relative. When you look forward to it warming up to freezing, anything is better than nothing!

Comment

Working...
                              X