No announcement yet.

Anybody Riding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happened to my pics??? they werent on photobucket...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Did you check your email for a Ransom Note?
      Probably need to pay $100 or something to get access to them again.

But yep, all I see in your Ride Post below the text is tiny box with an X inside. Your post there but pic of bike in springtime setting is gone, replaced by the X. Sad to say that's what happens with "free" accounts. Hope you can find out what happened at the source. Seems we all got hooked on the purple Kool-Aid (free access and posting) for 10 years and now it is pay back time.

As for the Anybody Riding - met up with Kurt & Nancy for a ride up to meet Marty for dinner. Nice ride. Saturday afternoon / evening Atlanta traffic was moderately heavy on the super slab and side roads. Plus 25 min of stop & stop as 3-4 lanes went to 1 lane for construction zone. An unwanted workout for the clutch arm. But pretty nice ride up Hwy9 to the mountains. Warm & humid so riding in full summer gear mode. sweet

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
        Did you check your email for a Ransom Note?
        Probably need to pay $100 or something to get access to them again.

But yep, all I see in your Ride Post below the text is tiny box with an X inside. Your post there but pic of bike in springtime setting is gone, replaced by the X. Sad to say that's what happens with "free" accounts. Hope you can find out what happened at the source. Seems we all got hooked on the purple Kool-Aid (free access and posting) for 10 years and now it is pay back time.

As for the Anybody Riding - met up with Kurt & Nancy for a ride up to meet Marty for dinner. Nice ride. Saturday afternoon / evening Atlanta traffic was moderately heavy on the super slab and side roads. Plus 25 min of stop & stop as 3-4 lanes went to 1 lane for construction zone. An unwanted workout for the clutch arm. But pretty nice ride up Hwy9 to the mountains. Warm & humid so riding in full summer gear mode. sweet

Jeff
        I used aa n image hosting site called Postimage..it seems they have gone offline..I cant connect and get DNS error messages..so thats what happened..I am going back to SmugMug...5 bucks a month and no games...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

ok where was I?

oh...75*..Woot! (actually been in the 80s the past 2 days)
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Bear on the Square

Rode north from Roswell yesterday to Dahlonega to go to the Bear on the Square event. Lots of artists and musicians displaying their wares. Stayed until mid afternoon.

Left there and rode to Suches to the XS650 Dogwood Rally. Met up with Marty (jetmechmarty) and Tom and from VJMC for a few hours.

Got back to Roswell a little after seven and about 170 miles round trip. A good day on the Venturer.
            1981 XS1100H Venturer
            K&N Air Filter
            ACCT
            Custom Paint by Deitz
            Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
            Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
            Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
            Stebel Nautilus Horn
            EBC Front Rotors
            Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Finally got out on 22nd. Last year we were out on the 2nd. Got a few days riding. Now calling for snow again in Upstate Ny. Least she fired right up and cleaned up nice. Rain called for next following week. Guess good time to replace rear tire.
              79 XS11SF

Comment

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                Rode north from Roswell yesterday to Dahlonega to go to the Bear on the Square event. Lots of artists and musicians displaying their wares. Stayed until mid afternoon.

Left there and rode to Suches to the XS650 Dogwood Rally. Met up with Marty (jetmechmarty) and Tom and from VJMC for a few hours.

Got back to Roswell a little after seven and about 170 miles round trip. A good day on the Venturer.
                Great town ..Dahlonega..would love to live there...and my friend Vinny lives 8 miles from TW Of Suches...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Great town ..Dahlonega..would love to live there...and my friend Vinny lives 8 miles from TW Of Suches...
                  Yeppers........and as I'm sure you know, JeffH knows Vinny well, as they had worked together in the past.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Good idea ........
                    I might ride up this week to see if Vinny is home. If not then can have dinner with Marty in Dahlonega. Vinny lives off Porter Springs Rd which is one of my very favorite turn up the volume roads. Took Ben on the 'scenic & urban trail ride' a few years ago from ATL to Vinny's. Urban twisites, not for the faint of heart. btw: knew of Vinny but didn't work in same building. He worked in operations and I was doing other airplanes stuff. . Sure had a great ride to Louisiana two weeks ago with Brent & Don. Very good indeed. We are still smiling.

Still planning a run to Colorado XS Rally in July. so hope that works out.

Jeff
                    Last edited by JeffH; 04-29-2018, 12:40 PM.
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Personally know Vinny myself. He rode here to G. Junction to visit me when I was in hospital the two months mending from my T-bone accident three summers ago. Quite the gentleman he is!
                      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        Yeppers........and as I'm sure you know, JeffH knows Vinny well, as they had worked together in the past.
                        back in 2016 Kurt was redoing my bike..when it came time for me to pick it up I had arranged with Vinny to stay the night..I didnt know Jeff knew him and Jeff didnt know we were riding to Vinny's place via Jeff's Atlanta twisties tour...So imagine my amazement when we all met and found out how we are interconnected...Tom aka Vinny has a great place for motorcyclists to stay..and the man is one helluva a carpenter... The next a.m. when it was time to leave..we rode to Blairsville and Vinny bought me breakfast..wouldnt let me pay a dime..but I insisted on leaving the tip...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Good idea ........
                          I might ride up this week to see if Vinny is home. If not then can have dinner with Marty in Dahlonega. Vinny lives off Porter Springs Rd which is one of my very favorite turn up the volume roads. Took Ben on the 'scenic & urban trail ride' a few years ago from ATL to Vinny's. Urban twisites, not for the faint of heart. btw: knew of Vinny but didn't work in same building. He worked in operations and I was doing other airplanes stuff. . Sure had a great ride to Louisiana two weeks ago with Brent & Don. Very good indeed. We are still smiling.

Still planning a run to Colorado XS Rally in July. so hope that works out.

Jeff
                          He might not be home that weekend..one of our beloved ST-Owners and MTF member passed away last week and his funeral is this weekend..dont know if Vinny is going..its in Knoxville TN
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Good idea ........ Vinny lives off Porter Springs Rd which is one of my very favorite turn up the volume roads.

Jeff
                            That was a bitchin road..I was getting it up to 80 trying to keep you in sight..and you were gone...Ha you rode right passed Vinny's driveway..ha ha...I need to get the Bandit down there...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                              back in 2016 Kurt was redoing my bike..when it came time for me to pick it up I had arranged with Vinny to stay the night..I didnt know Jeff knew him and Jeff didnt know we were riding to Vinny's place via Jeff's Atlanta twisties tour...So imagine my amazement when we all met and found out how we are interconnected...Tom aka Vinny has a great place for motorcyclists to stay..and the man is one helluva a carpenter... The next a.m. when it was time to leave..we rode to Blairsville and Vinny bought me breakfast..wouldnt let me pay a dime..but I insisted on leaving the tip...
                              You oughta' know better Ben, beings your location.....when down in southern states, when other local party offers to buy the meal, you just say THANK YOU!
                              Not doing that implies.......well surely you know the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                                You oughta' know better Ben, beings your location.....when down in southern states, when other local party offers to buy the meal, you just say THANK YOU!
                                Not doing that implies.......well surely you know the rest.
                                Yes sir i do know..southern grace and hospitality..something I never got in NJ..that is for sure...and Vinny is the epitome of Southern Grace... early that Sunday a.m. about 7a.m. we rode from his home to Blairsville ..all on 2 laaners in Northen GA...there was absolutely no one else on the roads that morning..I think it was about 12-15 miles and the mountain air was so sweet ..just the 2 of us riding in heaven...
                                Last edited by madmax-im; 04-30-2018, 05:14 PM.
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X