No announcement yet.

Anybody Riding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rode two motorcycles today on two separate rides to clear my head: my Heritage just because I needed to ride and wring every last foot-gram of roar out that bear I could get, then my XJ just because I still needed more riding but with more screaming from the engine this time and more nimble with no floorboards in the corners to slow me down.

Better now.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Every day

I ride my XJ 20 minutes to work in downtown Sacramento, free parking for the bikes right across the street from the state building I work at. Sometimes take the long way home along the twisty Sacramento River levee road.
      "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
        I rode two motorcycles today on two separate rides to clear my head: my Heritage just because I needed to ride and wring every last foot-gram of roar out that bear I could get, then my XJ just because I still needed more riding but with more screaming from the engine this time and more nimble with no floorboards in the corners to slow me down.

Better now.

Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Headed South

In the high 60s, low 70s now here in Georgia. Doing a little maintenance on the Venturer. Heading to Florida with Jeff in 2 weeks. Will be on some rides around my area until then.
          1981 XS1100H Venturer
          K&N Air Filter
          ACCT
          Custom Paint by Deitz
          Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
          Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
          Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
          Stebel Nautilus Horn
          EBC Front Rotors
          Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post

Better now.
            I just wandered into the HD dealer waiting for my new tires and was immediately drawn to the Heritage Classic softtail and got the spiel from the very nice dealer. Man, I am envious.
            Steve R

'80 SG
            "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
            1978 XS400E Red
            1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Comment

Thanks! It's quite a machine.
              -- Scott
              _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Spring is in full bloom already ..down here...All the flowerin Pear trees..Japanese Maples..Dafodils etc...are in full Spring regalia...This is the earliest I have ever seen flowers bloom..great riding weather....
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Spring is in full bloom already ..down here...All the flowerin Pear trees..Japanese Maples..Dafodils etc...are in full Spring regalia...This is the earliest I have ever seen flowers bloom..great riding weather....
                  Yep, this past few weeks the 2018 Georgia hut-choo, atch-oo, ah-ah choo season began in earnest. Flowers popping and Magnolia trees + the cherry / pear and a bunch of others in full color. Pollen count is already in the high category. Even my bermuda grass is growing and weeds needing attention. Hot & Humid - had to turn on the house air-conditioner already.

Been busy so no riding, yet. But, heading to Florida next Friday with Mike so i'm not feeling too sorry for myself. A 1,500 mile trip to kick off 2018 riding. The XS11 I was working on for the Florida ride needed more work than I had parts available and time. Too bad. So parts ordered and they will be here when I get back from FLA.

Sure hope some winter returns for a couple weeks

Jeff
                  Last edited by JeffH; 02-24-2018, 08:50 AM.
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

We're not really out of the woods yet..March can be a wacky month..but all the plant.life is saying winter is over....
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

75* Wooot!
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

That pic pretty much says it all.
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Shiloh Trip

Five of us headed out last Monday, April 9th, from Cumming, GA on a three-day trip with the Shiloh National Military Park as our destination. Stayed two nights at Little Andy's Sportsman Lodge in Counce, TN.
                          Started out Monday morning in a drizzle but sunshine soon appeared as we approached the Alabama border. Weather was clear on Tuesday and Wednesday but cool to cold in the mornings and warming afternoons. Great riding weather. We tool the back roads and stopped several times along the way. Checked in at Little Andy's around 5 pm CDST.
                          On Tuesday, we took side trips from there to the National Military Parks in Shiloh, TN and Corinth, MS as well as General Grant's headquarters in Savannah, TN. Our US National Military Parks/Museums are just wonderful!
                          Returned home on Wednesday.
                          There were 3-HD's, 1-Kawasaki and my XS1100SF on the trip. My bike performed flawlessly and it averaged just over 38 mile/gal. Total of 767.5 miles. Butt is sore!! What a great trip!
                          1979 XS1100SF
                          Original Owner-purchased January 1980

Comment

Thanks for the ride report. Sounds like you had a great group trip. 770 mile run is a descent ride. And it's only April.
                            Good hear your XS ran flawless.
                            Hope you got some of that good Mississippi cat fish in Corinth. Or tried Hagys Catfish Hotel just north of Shiloh.

Jeff
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E
                            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hagy's was great!

On Tuesday we rode to the Shiloh National Military Park and visited the Welcome Center. Here, we met some folks from Missouri who told us about Hagy's Catfish Hotel. We went and it was great!! I had the Lemon Pepper Catfish fillets and they were super but the Hush Puppies were out of this world!
                              It was indeed a great trip!
                              1979 XS1100SF
                              Original Owner-purchased January 1980

Comment

I rode out to Aridzona; staying with friends for Bike Week. It's blast, especially with the haboobs.
                                -- Scott
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X