No announcement yet.

How I fell in love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a rocket rider, so when the wind hits, I duck down, I'm looking into some clip ons, or a pair of drag bars for her, I want to be comfortable, but aggressive, and coming from my experience on an FZ1, I like being at a slightly forward lean, esp. with a passenger.

I' going to need a list of replacement parts/aftermarkets, so I can get this baby perfect...

-Turn sigs, and brake lights, preferably flushmounts, or very simple in design, and also LEDs are always nice (as well as the link to get the leds to work properly)

-aftermarket seat, something sportier, with space for 2

-how to get my engine pretty looking again

-like I said earlier, new handlebars, preferably black

-mirrors... smaller round clip-ons (not for use, I turn my head instead of using the mirrors, I move around too much

-hard cases or bags, preferably easily removed

-a white wall rear tire (my damned bike...)

that's all for now, I'll take links, suggestions, and any other advice, as well as opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Squatch View Post
      I'm a rocket rider, so when the wind hits, I duck down, I'm looking into some clip ons, or a pair of drag bars for her, I want to be comfortable, but aggressive, and coming from my experience on an FZ1, I like being at a slightly forward lean, esp. with a passenger.

I' going to need a list of replacement parts/aftermarkets, so I can get this baby perfect...

-Turn sigs, and brake lights, preferably flushmounts, or very simple in design, and also LEDs are always nice (as well as the link to get the leds to work properly)

-aftermarket seat, something sportier, with space for 2

-how to get my engine pretty looking again

-like I said earlier, new handlebars, preferably black

-mirrors... smaller round clip-ons (not for use, I turn my head instead of using the mirrors, I move around too much

-hard cases or bags, preferably easily removed

-a white wall rear tire (my damned bike...)

that's all for now, I'll take links, suggestions, and any other advice, as well as opinions
      sounds like a project... good luck to you my friend.
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

218?

I remember 218... 40+ lbs ago it was....

Y'all are lightweights...and I'm not even 6'....only 5'11"

I am working on reducing sprung weight however so perhaps by the time I see any of you guys again I will more closely approximate a bowling PIN instead of the BALL...

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
        X