How I fell in love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
    Hey! I have one of those whole cows I wear riding in the winter. I wear mesh in the summer. Living in Ca though I need to get some @ssless chaps to wear with the leather gear in the winter though and mesh pants for the summer (gotta have matching gear you know)
    aren't all chaps @ssless Cy?!

Living up in the NW we have to have all sorts of gear. sometimes you could use 2 different set ups in the same day. I love my 3 piece S&S textile jacket. take the full size liner out of it and its a spring jacket. Unzip the outside and it breaks down to a full mess for hot summer and your armor stays with you. works great on the XS.
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
      Unzip the outside and it breaks down to a full mess for hot summer and your armor stays with you. works great on the XS.
      That's gotta be a bi#*h gettin' it over the clutch and brake levers........
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        That's gotta be a bi#*h gettin' it over the clutch and brake levers........
        it's a jacket... not Mitten's!
        Don
        1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
        1989 kawi ex500
        1996 yzf-r6
        1999 yzf-r1
        2001 kawi zx-6r
        2000 Ducati 748
        2002 YZF-R1
        2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

well, just so you guys know, I'm 6'6" and 240 lBs, also I'm 22, so I may be the youngest here, I would love to go on some rallies and rides this summer, after my deployment is finished up, I live in minneapolis, and because gas mileage is awesome, I may as well enjoy the road before the prices jack up again

Comment

Let me be the first to thank you for your service.

We would be proud to have you join us. There are a few other young-uns here. Hell, none of us ever really grew up anyway.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

now that is a good point

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
                I tried BA
                I like to eat

...so I got the 50 and smothered it in leather honey and stretched it..

Thought you were gonna say you smothered it in honey and ATE it. You ate all the insides of the cow, why stop at the outside? lol.

And you all hush. I realize I've got no room to talk here.. I only WISHED I weighed 218.

Nice bike, Squatch. Hopefully it treats you like a fine redheaded woman, and not like a redheaded step-child.
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hey Squash, you didn't happen to deploy with the 2-147 AHB, did you?
                  Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
                  Ozark, Alabama

Comment

I'm Minnesota buddy, I really don't know the answer to that, we flew oer as a whole unit, and landed here as the same... they may have been here while we were, or still might be... I really don't know

Comment

Yeah, 2-147 AHB is your Saint Paul based UH-60 BN. I was a crew chief up there for several years before I took a job down here at Fort Rucker, AL. They are deployed out in Kuwait right now, so I wasn't sure if you were part of the unit or not
                      Joab

Ozark, Alabama

Comment

thank you, yeah, Im from Minneapolis, but my armory is up north, I'm part of the 1st BCT lol, I was really confused

Comment

Lol, gotcha. Well, you Red Bulls stay safe out there, I miss the 2-147, Alabama Guard is...well...different. Fans of yankees like us...they are not. Take care, I might have to look you up when I head up there to visit this summer. Not sure if I will take the 1100 with me or not.
                          Joab

Ozark, Alabama

Comment

can't wait to ride man, how is the bike for long distances like that... it is at least 30 years old... I guess it's my perception of vehicles and products built today, cheap, inefficient, and all for show...
                            what can you guys tell me about the reliability of these XS's

Comment

Originally posted by Squatch View Post
                              can't wait to ride man, how is the bike for long distances like that... it is at least 30 years old... I guess it's my perception of vehicles and products built today, cheap, inefficient, and all for show...
                              what can you guys tell me about the reliability of these XS's
                              There's guys on here that have gone on 1000+ mile trips on their XS's.... I'm taking my first longish of a trip this summer. I'll have put about 1000 miles on it total for the 5 day trip. Next year we're riding to Yellowstone (about 950 miles each way) My Parents use to go to Yellowstone on this bike every summer when I was a kid. So now its my turn! I need to find a Buffalo to get a picture of me, the bike, and a Buffalo. Then my Mom can hang it next to the picture of my Dad, the bike, and a Buffalo
                              Don

old:
                              1989 kawi ex500
                              1996 yzf-r6
                              1999 yzf-r1
                              2001 kawi zx-6r
                              2000 Ducati 748
                              2002 YZF-R1
                              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

The longest trips I've made are from here in Tulsa to to Winona, Minnesota for the Lost Rally for the last 2 years and I' plan to go again.

My odometer one way......

The only problems I've experinced in 2 trips is 2 flat tires
                                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X