No announcement yet.

other rides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.... the main bike is 78E.... fully dressed in Vetter design. But lately I ride the parts bike.... 79 1.1 standard. Looks better than the 78E anyway.
    I am looking at some other bikes.... need one to go to work on (elevens are just to purtty and it would be a shame if someone steals it) and I have no idea what to get.... I got as far as this: It has to be a v2... and not a harley, not a sports bike and it has to be comfy, fun and easy to ride. And it should last forever (or at least as long as an XS).
    Eh well.... I guess I will decide when I get some cash.

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I've just been scanning the forum, and this is a good web site. The bikes I have owned are as follows;
      1) 1974 Cb 450 Honda 3 ***
      2) 1976 CB 550F 5*****
      3) 1977 XLCH Sportster 5*****
      4) 1973 H-1 Kawasaki 1 *
      5) 1980 XS1100G Yamaha %*****
      6) 1967 FLH 1200 Harley chopped 6******
      7) 1982 GS1100G Suzuki 4****
      8) 1980 XS1100SG 5*****,
      Oh yeah and my first bike a Yamaha 200, which was a screamer, when it worked. Over all the Sportster and the XS1100 and the CB 550F where/are my favorites. As for top speed the Suzuki had it, but no torque. As for smooth the Honda 550F was the best. As for the best acceleration, the XS1100's. As for the bike with the most soul the 67 Pan shovel with the belt drive.
      To note I never owed a car until I was 26. Whatever it is I got to get into the wind. And as a matter of fact, come to think about it, I could blow off any bike encountered off the line with the Sportster, I had her for 18 years, and knew her good. I used to piss off my riding buddy who had a 900 Kaw. All though the XS1100 has a lot of tourqe and acceleration, I don't think that it could smoke the ole Sporster off the line. The truthbe known, I really believe that there are a lot of riders who are chicken to exploit thier bikes potential. Well 'nuff said.
      If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself..

Comment

A new "other bike", well new to me anyway. I picked this up from western North Carolina while on vacation two weeks ago.

Junk just seems to be attracted to me. This bike looks like it would be fun to ride to work once in awhile.
        I can hear it now.. "Oh the blasphemy of such a thing parked outside of the Harley shop"
        Sometimes ya gotta help people find something to b itch about

Comment

Is that a 750 k motor?
          If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself..

Comment

Looks like Suzuki to me....
            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

75 CB 750, The guy I bought it from said it was a Super Sport, but I'm not sure Honda made those that early. I've never been much of a Honda guy, so I don't really know.
              Don't mind that front wheel, I just stuck it on there to move the bike around.

Comment

None of the non sport CB's had black engines, that I know of, and my 750-4K didn't have the funky fins on the exhaust collars.

Those fins look just like on my Suzuki A100, and I believe my GT750 has them as well.

The valve covers don' tlook like stock ones, although the Sports may have had them. Or it's a stage 2 or stage 3 engine, they had some wierd valve covers.

On the stage 3 you could adjust the valves while the bike was running.

Anyway you look at it, thats the sad end to an otherwsie fine bike, no matter what it was.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Took a friends XJR 1200 for a test ride the other day.... Sweet!
                  But helluvalot lighter than XS. Anyway, just 3 more days till vacation and I can not spend the vacation on another bike meanwhile.
                  Grrr.... found a nice one in ads too...

LP
                  If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                  (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Quote:
                    Anyway you look at it, thats the sad end to an otherwsie fine bike, no matter what it was.

No, it is the cool new beggining of what ever I want to make out of it.

Strom, we can't get those here.
                    I want one of those. You'd better not get one!

Comment

"No, it is the cool new beggining of what ever I want to make out of it."

Or as I would say,

"lucky I saved you from an fate worse than the wrecking yard...!"

'05 ST1300

Comment

My other ride is a 1999 Moto Guzzi California EV. 1094 cc and great for quick rides around town. I've done a couple of long distance trips too. Seems solid and has never left we walking home.
                        Limited parts availability is the only downside so far.
                        Missing Link
                        Keep the Shinny Side UP!!

Comment

Mr. Max

When I really feel the need for speed I turn to my trusty steed Max and at my age he is all I can handle.

81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Comment

Well, here's my "new" ride. It's a 93 Honda Nighthawk. I love the way this bike rides. The technology jump from 78 to 93 is huge. This bike is just so much easier to ride around town. The difference in braking alone was worth the price. Even with the single disc in front and drum rear, it stops much better than the XS. Of course it's much lighter too.
                            Mark Stanton

Comment

Before my XS11, I had a '75 Gold Wing with a Corbin Gunfighter seat. I really liked that bike, but for reasons I won't go into here (let's just say I'm stupid and leave it at that), I had to let that bike go.

I love my XS, it's the only bike I own right now, and in fact it's my only transportation (well, okay, I do finally have a little red pod of a hatchback I picked up for $400 recently, but it just sits while I ride my bike). But I'm seriously thinking about another early Gold Wing to complement my XS11.
                              1979 XS11F Hazuki ('cause she's always trying to make me her slave.)

Comment

other Rides

I have a Honda GL 1800 and my wife has a Honda Rebel.

Van
                                03 Honda GL1800 Goldwing; 08 Honda 250 Rebel; 1979 Yamaha XS1100SF.

Comment

Working...
                                X