other rides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other rides?

hi guys,just out of curiosity what is the most common "other" bike? if you own several just choose the one you enjoy the most.
    honda
    26.02%
    kawasaki
    10.57%
    suzuki
    7.72%
    yamaha
    26.42%
    bmw
    3.66%
    triumph (91 on)
    1.63%
    harley
    6.50%
    old brits
    1.63%
    other
    4.88%
    my other xs1100
    10.98%
    mick
    xs1.1s(x2)
    gsxr1100(1127)
    gsx1100g(x2)
    trophy900
    bonneville750

http://www.tonyfoale.com/

Chopper,
    I live in a rural area [farm-land] and really enjoy my '79 Honda XL250-S dual-purpose. I bought this one new, way back when.
    I also owned a "dandy" '78 Honda CB750-K that I wish I'd never sold. When my daughter was born and my son was two years old [She's 15, He's 17 now] I sold the 750 and concerned myself with the family and the job.
    Well, like many others, I couldn't get street riding out of my blood or even my dreams at night! That's when I purchased my XS Eleven.
    I've always told my friends that I'd NEVER part with the 250, and I'll ALWAYS own a dirt bike/dual-purpose bike.
    Now, I might even add that I'll never be without a street bike again!
    Greg
    1979 XL250-S
    1980 XS1100-G [Fully dressed]
    1982 CX500 Custom [Wife's "new" bike]

Comment

96 Yamaha Royal Star & 2002 VStar 1100 Classic. Ride these 2 regularly and just got my 1980 XS1100G back into service after it sat for 4 years. I love the XS and will ride it regularly also.
      Turbodave:
      Running Against the Wind

Never forget our POWs/MIAs

Iron Butt Association #14500

Comment

Check my signature
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Mine is Ruby Maroon. Has a Vetter Fairing/lowers & OEM matching wraparound saddle bags, luggage rack and engine guards. Use Continental tires. Pretty stock bike but I have kept it because I know it is the Classic style that I like. My 96 Royal Star is very similiar but a lot heavier.
          Thanks for making contact.
          Turbodave:
          Running Against the Wind

Comment

Also ride a Honda XL250R in the summertime.
            I really miss my 78 Honda CB400TII (Hawk) that I bought new and roadraced.
            Other previous bikes:
            72 Honda (CT?)175
            7? Honda CB200T
            7? Suzuki TS185

Currently have:
            78 XS1100E (mine)
            79XS750F (wifes)
            84 XL250R (ours)
            72 CB750 (parting out)
            79XS750FS (partser for wife)
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

'78 Yamaha xs500. It looks good, original exhaust and is fun to ride but it's burning an exhaust valve I think. Probably Chopper knows these little guys, not popular in the US, I've never seen another one. My brothers had xs650s so I was going to get one of those, answered the ad thinking it was, but no. My first big motorcycle.

Anyway, two years later I decided I needed a bigger bike, decided on an XS11 just from this site and other Web surfing. Moaned and groaned whenever one appeared in the ads and I didn't buy it. Finally one appeared in CycleTrader for $800 and the guys at work couldn't stand my moaning so they made me call on it, it was a reputable dealer, he took plastic and I bought it never having seen one in the actual.

So the next day I was having dinner with the wife's family and she was ribbing me about needing a second stupid motorcycle and I said no, I got through that, I'm not looking to get a second motorcycle anymore.
              David Browne
              XS11SG Crunchbird
              XS500E

Comment

Other options

All my bikes are pretty standard - but getting on a bit now. Infact the '82 XS11 sport is the newest.

Think the '79 Guzzi holds the most interest along with the XS as it's the most recent purchase.

The '77 Z1000 is a great bike and I've had it for a while and done been a fair few miles on it, including rallies in Germany and all over the UK

The '79 500 Sanglas is a quirky Spanish thing that I got running last year - only for the bottom end to go ping on the way home from a bike rally last Easter (first long trip out). it's languished in the corner ignored every since. Nice to ride, but impossible to get parts without exploring who can make stuff or take a crash course in Spanish and email Barcelona

XS11 still brought one of the biggest smiles recently when last October I got it running well for the first time in a couple of years (thanks to advice here) and I opened it up and it nearly pulled my arms out of their sockets!
                XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
                Guzzi 850
                Z1000

Comment

other bikes

My main bike is a V65 Honda Magna but since getting my 1979 XS 1100 Special I have been riding it more and more. I bought it for $500.00 from the original owner. It had been setting for a long time but all I had to do was fork seals, brake pads, change all the fluids and clean it up. I am amazed at how good a bike it is. It always starts right up and runs like a dream. It has plenty of power,although nothing like the V65 Magna. I also have a 1977 Goldwing that I am fixing up. It is now in great shape except for a little more carb work. If any one like a older Goldwing it would go cheap.
                  Thanks for your time, Ron Moss
                  Ron Moss
                  1979 xs 1100 yamaha special (sold)
                  1984 honda v65 magna (sold)
                  1984 vtr 250 intercepter
                  1975 250 TL Honda
                  2006 Kawsaki Concours
                  1979 R100RT BMW

Comment

Hi Ron, email me the particulars of the GW,
                    might be interested and Im not far.
                    Thanks.
                    captjerry@hotmail.com
                    captjerry
                    86 GL1200A
                    81 GL500
                    81 XS1100 SH

Comment

Since I've had my XS11, I've also owned a Sportster 1200, and a CBR1100XX. I traded the Sportster for the Blackbird, and am now perfectly content with my XS11 and my Supersport Tourer.
                      "Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."

Comment

I think it's really sick that honda is ranking 1st in this pol. Sorry just a little narrow minded maybe. I just have had better luck with YAMAHA Garry
                        Garry
                        '79 SF "Battle Cat"
                        outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

Other rides

In addition to the XJ1100 (which was purchased in January as a complete running bike for $300 and is now in the process of being rebuilt) I have a 2001 Harley-Davidson FLHT ElectraGlide as my main 2-up rider and I just completed a rustoration on a 1979 Honda CB650 that was given to me last fall. I also have another Honda CB650waiting to be worked on as well as a Yamaha XJ750 and a 1978 Sportster long term project bike

Mike Smegielski
                          Waterbury, CT

Comment

Lots of Machines

Mike, you have a lot of work to do but if you complete will have a real big stable of rides.
                            Good wrenching to you.
                            Dave
                            Turbodave:
                            Running Against the Wind

Comment

I had and still miss the 76 honda cb750 i had. soldit cuz i needed the money (baby girl). I would also like to find a honda xr500..a friend of mine had one and i had a blast on it!!! my li bro has a suzuki rm?250 about 88ish and that is another neat ride (45 degrees across a deadfurrow and doesnt even flinch)
                              Ride on guys!
                              '81 sh " Maime" The Nature of The Beast

Comment

Working...
                              X