What kind of dogs do XS owners have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of dogs do XS owners have?

We have had lots of fun threads about our preferences in the last month or so. How about dogs?

I am owned by two labs (both female), a Chocolate named Hershey, aged 5 and a Yellow named Maggie aged 2.

SWMBO has two tabby kats, I haven't taken the time to learn their names. It's a good arrangement, I ignore them and they ignore me.
    Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
    78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
    02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Grew up with yellow labs and beagles. No dog right now but I'd like to get a wolfhound or a mastiff if I ever get a house with a larger yard.

Comment

AKC registered English Springer Spaniel, "Regal Rowena." Is SWMBO's dog, prefer Jack Russell terriers myself. This dog is great with kids but is dumber than a box of rocks.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

.. most of my life i've had pitbulls and a two hounds. right now i have two pitbull/mastif mix.. just junk yard dogs.. ones tied to the front gate, ones tied in front of the garage

Comment

A dog's Life!

Many years ago I/we had a female Rottweiler, one of the smartest dogs I've ever had, but she developed cardiomegaly at 5 y/o, had to put her down. Got another alleged Rotty(male), but was a bit of a mix, not too bright, also developed bad heart and had to be put down! We still have his sister who's rather long in the tooth. When she goes, we're thinking of downsizing a bit, would like a dog that fits "in" my lap, not all over it!

We also have 2 cats, a shorthair "Garfield styled" fellow named Spike; and a new longer haired Siberian named Harrry Potter!!
          I'm okay with either dogs or cats!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

2 Rotties, 1 male, 1 female, god help us (me) the wife now wants to take in a choc. lab we're already out of space on the bed!!!

Comment

Harry adopted us during an XStensive rainstorm 10 years ago. He was 9 pounds soaking wet. Now he's a 45 lb Chow/Husky mix (as near as I can tell) and still going strong.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Hmm, no dog. I have a Cat, though, who lets me sleep in her house.

I work for 24 hours at a time, and can go on 3-7 day road trips. Not a good situation for a dog.
                I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

2 Rotties, 1 male, 1 female, god help us (me) the wife now wants to take in a choc. lab we're already out of space on the bed!!!
                  Mike, Just an aside about the Chocolate Lab. They are great dogs, but have attention deficit. They cannot get enough Human Attention. If your Rotties are used to your attention, there might be some dog trouble in your future.
                  Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                  78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                  02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

We have a female white german shepherd (Alexis) and cocker spaniel (Ben) who is also dummer than a box of rocks. Try rebuilding a carb in a dog hair infested garage. with those 2 running around your feet. I know I should have taken the carb in the living room and done it on the table but would rather yell at the dogs then be yelled at by SWMBO.
                    wingnut
                    81 SH (Daily Ride)
                    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
                    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
                    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
                    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I've got a pair of mutts, both around 90lbs each.

One is part wolf and is my boon companion. Love that guy to death. Had him since he was no bigger than my hand. His mother was 1/2 wolf and was my brother's. Never figured out who his father was. She was an incredibly smart dog. Mine didn't quite inherit the brain genes, but he makes up for it in loyalty. He's 7 and I already worry what I'll do when he goes.

The other one showed up in my driveway one morning last year at 3AM when I was staggering home from being out drinking all night. I thought he was cool looking the night he showed up, but when I woke up the next day I realized he was the ugliest sumbeech I'd ever seen. Funny how alcohol works like that. He was under a year old and maybe 30-40 lbs. He grew to 90 inside of 6 months. He's semi brendel colored (which for him means stripes of 10 different colors), with the stocky body of perhaps a lab or a pit. Short hair all over except on the top of his back and on his feet, which is like 3 inches long. Gotta be the ugliest dog I've ever seen.

We make a pretty good match.
                      80 XS1100SG
                      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

&quot;Dog-gone-it!

Sasha and Heidi... sable colored German-American Shepherds. Two years old. They get the bed, I sleep on the floor by the heater. Works quite well.
                        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

110 pound Chocolate Lab.

Pictured here when he was new:

CUAgain,
                          Daniel Meyer
                          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

I forgot to mention a funny story about how my new dog got his name. About 3 months after I got him he got in the road and was hit by a car. Broke his pelvis. When I carried him to the vet they asked me his name.

"Uh...uh. He dosent really have one." I said. "I just call him dumbass". (He's not very bright)

They looked at me really funny and said, "Well, we can't call him that....what about Dumas?"

It stuck.
                            80 XS1100SG
                            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Great story JW!

We've got three out here who were dumped off by thier previous owners. Two are pit bull mixes and had cigerette burns all over their bodies when my wife spotted them at the side of the road.

Now they are healthy and a bit over 80 lbs while still eating and growing like crazy. They think our older dog is their mom and bug her constantly. They acted like a couple of nuts and that snow was the greatest thing in the world yesterday. Chasing each other and us around, eating the snow, and rolling in it.
                              Don
                              99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Working...
                              X